Ready Steady Cook - Minimins Style

and I went for salmon cannelloni......

mushrooms, onion and green pepper chopped finely....
fromage frais and eggs mixed together, tinned salmon, bones removed and mashed.....
fry the onions, mushrooms and pepper and mix in the salmon....
stuff the tubes with the mixture (mine didn't need precooking and I used a little marmite spoon I have that has a curved end which I used to push in mixture)
Cover with the sauce and top with parmesan cheese and a sprinkle of paprika
Bake for about 20/25 minutes......and serve with veggies of your choice....

They look really nice, the sauce looks much better than mine did, I must admit the veggies & salmon in the pan looks so nice, for a minute I thought 'I could eat that' then I remember how much I dislike salmon, funny but I like all other fish!

First dish!

Canned salmon flaked, 3tbsp quark, 3 spring onions chopped, 2 eggs, sweetcorn, black pepper and some mustard powder. All mixed together and in 3 ramekin tin things. When nearly cooked I added HexA cheese (15g cheddar and 15g red leicester)

View attachment 90501

Will have for lunch tomorrow with salad.

They do look so nice, I'd want to be eating them now!!

My Mum used to make what she called Salmon Mornay, which used tinned salmon.

Basically it was just the mashed potatoe piped around the outside of a dish, the salmon place in the middle topped with cheese sauce and baked in the oven.

Could be done with a low syn version of cheese sauce, with some boiled egg slices added and then served with lots of superfree veggies.

Come on then Lynne...give it a whirl and show us a pic ;)

and I went for salmon cannelloni......

mushrooms, onion and green pepper chopped finely....
fromage frais and eggs mixed together, tinned salmon, bones removed and mashed.....
fry the onions, mushrooms and pepper and mix in the salmon....
stuff the tubes with the mixture (mine didn't need precooking and I used a little marmite spoon I have that has a curved end which I used to push in mixture)
Cover with the sauce and top with parmesan cheese and a sprinkle of paprika
Bake for about 20/25 minutes......and serve with veggies of your choice....

I liked it but I love tinned salmon,,,,could eat it out the tin lol

Come on then Lynne...give it a whirl and show us a pic ;)

The cannelloni looks lovely Emsie, and I am also partial to tinned salmon with thinly sliced red onion and cucumber with pepper and vinegar...but just realised, haven't had it for ages!

Maybe I will do the Salmon Mornay on Wednesday, when Kate doesn't have dinner with us;)

On the advice of emsie on another thread I have come to read this thread! What a fab idea! I always have stuff in my cupboards for ages and I love to cook! I look forward to joining in with the next list of ingredients!

The cannelloni's and fish cakes look lovely! X

On the advice of emsie on another thread I have come to read this thread! What a fab idea! I always have stuff in my cupboards for ages and I love to cook! I look forward to joining in with the next list of ingredients!

Great to see you here hope it gives you some inspiration. If you've got stuff in the cupboards needs using you could give us a list....it can be as random as you like its amazing what recipes you can come up with x

Really?? Being a newbie you are letting me :) ill go home open the cupboards and whack them up later :) x

A really quick and flavoursome meal, hubby said it was very nice!
I love butterbeans but haven't had them for ages but looking for inspiration for this thread I saw loads of stuff am wanting to try like butterbean mash and butterbean dip!

Mmmmmmmm butterbean mash, that sounds interesting!

Okey dokey ... I have your list people!!

Jar of roasted red peppers
Spinach (my favourite veg)
Passata
Chick peas
Choi sum (love pak choi so decided to buy a pack of this at the weekend)
Butternut squash
FF Greek style yoghurt

Good luck ;) x

Back