You'll find out tomorrow, cheeky!

Fishcakes with the tinned salmon

2 tins salmon
large boiled potato
clove of crushed garlic
in the blender with 1 egg and s&p
Shape into rounds and place on frylighted baking tray,
15-20 mins each side or until golden

So a quick scoot in the cupboard and the ingredients I suggest are.....

tinned salmon
cous cous
sweetcorn
butterbeans
canneloni
in any combination with any superfree/spices etc

My Mum used to make what she called Salmon Mornay, which used tinned salmon.

Basically it was just the mashed potatoe piped around the outside of a dish, the salmon place in the middle topped with cheese sauce and baked in the oven.

Could be done with a low syn version of cheese sauce, with some boiled egg slices added and then served with lots of superfree veggies.

I made cannelloni, which turned out ok I think, it tasted brill.

Ingredients.JPGReady to Eat.JPGCannelloni.JPG

Pic 1 the ingredients I used, minus mushrooms, quark & egg, 'cause I forgot to put the min the pic!!!

Simply made just cook cannelloni for about 10 mins, spray pan with frylight & cook veggies add italian seasoning. Mix 85grms (hexa) of ricotta & make up to 175grms with cottage cheese, mix together, add to veggies & stuff cannelloni tubes. Then mix about 2 splodges of quark & about the same in cottage cheese with 1 egg. Place cannelloni tubes in a ovenproof dish top with quark mixture & bake for 30 mins.

I need more practice with the stuffing cannelloni tubes as it wasn't pleasant or easy & a few split but I think overall the result was surprisingly good. I've even got some left for tea;)

I made cannelloni, which turned out ok I think, it tasted brill.

View attachment 90387View attachment 90388View attachment 90389

Pic 1 the ingredients I used, minus mushrooms, quark & egg, 'cause I forgot to put the min the pic!!!

Simply made just cook cannelloni for about 10 mins, spray pan with frylight & cook veggies add italian seasoning. Mix 85grms (hexa) of ricotta & make up to 175grms with cottage cheese, mix together, add to veggies & stuff cannelloni tubes. Then mix about 2 splodges of quark & about the same in cottage cheese with 1 egg. Place cannelloni tubes in a ovenproof dish top with quark mixture & bake for 30 mins.

I need more practice with the stuffing cannelloni tubes as it wasn't pleasant or easy & a few split but I think overall the result was surprisingly good. I've even got some left for tea;)

Looks and sounds so good! I've planned all my meals for the week but this will defo be on the menu seeing as I bought a whole pack of cannelloni!

To fill some people use a piping bag but I don't know how you get the lumps through the small hole?! Xx

Either fill the cannelloni tubes with a disposable piping bag, and then you can cut the piping hole to whatever size, or, use lasagne sheets, pre-cooked, put the filling in, and then roll them gently into tubes.

and I went for salmon cannelloni......

mushrooms, onion and green pepper chopped finely....
fromage frais and eggs mixed together, tinned salmon, bones removed and mashed.....
fry the onions, mushrooms and pepper and mix in the salmon....
stuff the tubes with the mixture (mine didn't need precooking and I used a little marmite spoon I have that has a curved end which I used to push in mixture)
Cover with the sauce and top with parmesan cheese and a sprinkle of paprika
Bake for about 20/25 minutes......and serve with veggies of your choice....

Attachments

• SN854286.jpg
    SN854286.jpg
    583.1 KB · Views: 98
  • SN854287.jpg
    SN854287.jpg
    609.9 KB · Views: 100
  • SN854288.jpg
    SN854288.jpg
    722 KB · Views: 98
  • SN854289.jpg
    SN854289.jpg
    552.2 KB · Views: 94
  • SN854290.jpg
    SN854290.jpg
    805.7 KB · Views: 94
  • SN854291.jpg
    SN854291.jpg
    790.7 KB · Views: 98
  • SN854293.jpg
    SN854293.jpg
    504.2 KB · Views: 102
First dish!

Canned salmon flaked, 3tbsp quark, 3 spring onions chopped, 2 eggs, sweetcorn, black pepper and some mustard powder. All mixed together and in 3 ramekin tin things. When nearly cooked I added HexA cheese (15g cheddar and 15g red leicester)

1368296997619.jpg

Will have for lunch tomorrow with salad.

Haha!

When you doing your next recipe then? Ive got another for Monday. Then will need some more ingredients.....any ideas ;)

I'll be making the other tomorrow so I can freeze portions for the week (coincides with another challenge ;))

I'll go to my cupboards tomorrow or Monday if you want for more ingredients if you like? Xx

Back