Ready Steady Cook - Minimins Style

It was really nice and lots of Superfree :) loving this thread x

So this evening I have cooked my first RSC challenge!

My plan was to make Mexican chick pea burgers but I had to go for a run tonight so Hal way through I changed to a chickpea, pepper and spinach curry with BNS chips!

View attachment 91518

I put the passata in a saucepan with garlic and chilli flakes, cumin, fenugreek, coriander and curry powder (was just chucking in) and water
Chopped BNS and sprayed with frylight! Sprinkled with smoked paprika and garlic granules!
Left chips in oven and curry bubbling and went for a run!
Came back and added a whole bag of spinach to the curry and a table spoon of FF Greek yoghurt! Yummmm!

Sorry I didn't use the choi sum - I did use it the other night and I will be getting it again although not as nice as pak choi

X

That looks so yummy & colourful. Would you mind posting the mexican burger recipe please it sounds delish x

So this evening I have cooked my first RSC challenge!

My plan was to make Mexican chick pea burgers but I had to go for a run tonight so Hal way through I changed to a chickpea, pepper and spinach curry with BNS chips!

View attachment 91518

I put the passata in a saucepan with garlic and chilli flakes, cumin, fenugreek, coriander and curry powder (was just chucking in) and water
Chopped BNS and sprayed with frylight! Sprinkled with smoked paprika and garlic granules!
Left chips in oven and curry bubbling and went for a run!
Came back and added a whole bag of spinach to the curry and a table spoon of FF Greek yoghurt! Yummmm!

Sorry I didn't use the choi sum - I did use it the other night and I will be getting it again although not as nice as pak choi

X
Looks really nice. Spinach adds a lovely colour to a curry but I rarely use it....must sort that! Thanks for that xx

Ooh emsie I love spinach! Eat so much of it! For a quick tea I pop a hole in a bag and micro it for 40 secs! On a plate with some venison, fish, chicken and its really nice x

I buy frozen spinach which is good for curries.

Is it as nice? I never buy it frozen but its the one thing I am always going back the shops for to get more fresh! Then I end up buying more stuff that I didn't plan on buying x

I luuuuuuuurve spinach.
I always have some in the freezer for curries & stuff.
But I also always have it in the fridge: wilted it's a great base for salmon/chicken etc; but raw it's the base of all my salads. Rarely use lettuce!

I have been thinking about what to make for my RSC dishes and I have so many to choose from!! Cannot wait to make. May crack a dish out tomorrow actually. And sunday. And monday. That many! Xx

Is it as nice? I never buy it frozen but its the one thing I am always going back the shops for to get more fresh! Then I end up buying more stuff that I didn't plan on buying x

Yes it is ok, it's fine for using in cooking, eg curries, potato scone things, etc, but I wouldn't take it out, let it defrost & use in a salad, I don't think that would work. In fact I put spinach in loads of my cooking it's brill x

Yes it is ok, it's fine for using in cooking, eg curries, potato scone things, etc, but I wouldn't take it out, let it defrost & use in a salad, I don't think that would work. In fact I put spinach in loads of my cooking it's brill x

Oh I wouldn't try it in a salad but will get some to put in the freezer for cooking thanks x

Spinach and rocket in a salad is great. I like roasted red onion and bns mixed with raw spinach and feta with a drop of balsamic vinegar xx

Wow I must try this! Sounds fab! I am thinking some seeds too! Yum x

Shopped today so hopefully be able to do some cooking over weekend! ..............and somebody needs to come up with a new list for Monday (I am known for my patience ;))

Alright little miss impatient!!! I'll whack a list up sunday for ya... that alright?! :D xx

Alright little miss impatient!!! I'll whack a list up sunday for ya... that alright?! :D xx

Yay! I was hoping this would happen soon ;) x

Back