Ready Steady Cook - Minimins Style

Yeah it's great. it gives motivation to make a bit more effort and look for different recipes and if it's recipes the rest of my lot wouldn't be that into it seems more worthwhile doing them even though it's still only me eating them. Hopefully the enthusiasm will last.

Yes lets hope so, I'm loving it x

Shopping bag will have to wait till tomorrow guys - I've got a migraine and trying not to vom at the moment. But rest assured that I'll chuck my list up tomorrow. Have a great evening all xx

These all look amazing! I am definitely going to make the muffins and patties. Can't wait for the next bag! Is it just whats in the bag and herbs and spices or can I use HEX too? X

Sorry folks, I was on a real downer yesterday, and couldn't do creative cooking. So this week I'll be doiing last week's and this week's.

Cupboard doors opened and here is my list -

Firm tofu
Bulgar wheat
pease pudding
Pineapple
Light coconut milk
Sea bass fillets
And any superfree or hex choices.

Sorry if a bit random... just things that have sat in my cupboards and freezer that I know I need to do something with :D xx

Oooh an interesting list! I have tofu and am looking for different ways to use it~!

What is pease pudding?

x

Oooh an interesting list! I have tofu and am looking for different ways to use it~!

What is pease pudding?

x

Its split lentils that are cooked to make a really thick paste. Some people have it with gammon/ham but my mum uses it in stew to thicken it. I have a can just sat in my cupboard that is probably from pre SW that I would have used to make a stew. But the way I used to make stew was with cans of vegetable and lentil soup so have no idea what to do with it now! xx

Here is Wiki's answer - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pease_pudding

Cupboard doors opened and here is my list -

Firm tofu
Bulgar wheat
pease pudding
Pineapple
Light coconut milk
Sea bass fillets
And any superfree or hex choices.

Sorry if a bit random... just things that have sat in my cupboards and freezer that I know I need to do something with :D xx

I have to admit a did a little jig when I read your list, so many yummy things I've not had in ages & on somebodies diary they were on about pease pudding, so I'll definitely buy some now.

Hmmm, been thinking of giving tofu another go as didn't like it when I tried it in the past so maybe now's the time!
Also a bit of a wimp when comes to cooking fish so might push myself to give that a go.

I like tofu, but I do think it's an aquired taste, I recommend giving it a go, my step mum, who is from the Philippines makes a lovely rice noodle & tofu dish, it's so yummy x

I cooked will tofu last week for first time. With lots of chilli and garlic really high heat and plenty of soy to finish! Lovely! But I am keen to see other ideas x

I cooked will tofu last week for first time. With lots of chilli and garlic really high heat and plenty of soy to finish! Lovely! But I am keen to see other ideas x

I do like tofu but tend not to buy is too often as there is only me who will eat it & I do think it's a tad expensive, :rolleyes:

Am making the 3rd of my dishes from last weeks bag. A butternut squash and parmesan bake/gratin.....

a butternut squash, 30g of parmesan cheese, salt and pepper and a scan bran(1 syn)

Peel and chop butternut squash into cubes and put in a dish sprayed with frylight and season with salt and pepper

Grate the parmesan and scan bran and mix together

Spray squash with frylight and sprinkle cheese/bran crumbs over the top and then bake in oven

(will post a pic of finished dish when cooked...hopefully it will go ok!) Picture of it cooked has come up first iin the list!
The parmesan and scan bran crust was really tasty I wil use that again on something. Maybe a smaller dish would have been better I need to buy one!

Attachments

• SN854343.jpg
    SN854343.jpg
    755.8 KB · Views: 56
  • SN854344.jpg
    SN854344.jpg
    787.6 KB · Views: 54
  • SN854345.jpg
    SN854345.jpg
    623 KB · Views: 61
  • SN854346.jpg
    SN854346.jpg
    1,013.3 KB · Views: 61
  • SN854350.jpg
    SN854350.jpg
    904.9 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
I think its quite a good idea, simple with extra sb chucked in. Nice.

I made the mac n cheese out the mag but blitzed some boiled BNS into the sauce and it was really tasty. ..then I made a sb cake with mashed bns, ginger and cinammon. That was amazing. Just like bread pudding xx

Oooh sounds fab! I was surprised when looking around that bns was used in sweet dishes....trouble is air of sugar and cream and stuff was involved too ha ha

It worked really well. Other people use carrot and also do beetroot and chocoate sb cake but I can't stick beetroot! Xx

Back