Ready Steady Cook - Minimins Style

The pease pudding was on my diary Michelle lol I love the stuff I can eat it as is out of the tub. Apparently it makes a lovely soup

The pease pudding was on my diary Michelle lol I love the stuff I can eat it as is out of the tub. Apparently it makes a lovely soup

lol, I knew I'd seen it somewhere!!! I am going to buy some instead of making my own, which I did when I tried it.

You have it with ham dont you? Thats how a lot of people do but I've always had it in stew and its lush! Gives a great thickness xx
lol, I knew I'd seen it somewhere!!! I am going to buy some instead of making my own, which I did when I tried it.

Defo buy, how did you make it before? Just boil split lentils and blitz? Xx

Emsie... consider the Beetroot and chocolate cake recipe whacked up!
Ingredients:-

5 Oat or Scan Bran (B Choice or 2½ Syns)
2 boiled Beetroots, grated
1 tablespoon Golden Syrup (2 Syns)
5 tablespoons Artificial Sweetener
1-2 tablespoons Cocoa Powder (5 Syns)
2 Eggs

Soak the Scan Bran in enough boiling water to mash them up and then add all the other ingredients and mix well
Line a quiche dish with a silicon paper cake liner and pour the mixture in
Microwave on full power for 7 minutes (850 watt)
Turn out on to a wire rack immediately and allow to cool

Obviously you could omit the golden syrup and use sachets of either options of cadbury highlights (I think the bourneville dark choc would work best imo!) so syn value would change but this is the recipe I saw! xxx

Thanks Whacky one ha ha x

Emsie... consider the Beetroot and chocolate cake recipe whacked up!
Ingredients:-

5 Oat or Scan Bran (B Choice or 2½ Syns)
2 boiled Beetroots, grated
1 tablespoon Golden Syrup (2 Syns)
5 tablespoons Artificial Sweetener
1-2 tablespoons Cocoa Powder (5 Syns)
2 Eggs

Soak the Scan Bran in enough boiling water to mash them up and then add all the other ingredients and mix well
Line a quiche dish with a silicon paper cake liner and pour the mixture in
Microwave on full power for 7 minutes (850 watt)
Turn out on to a wire rack immediately and allow to cool

Obviously you could omit the golden syrup and use sachets of either options of cadbury highlights (I think the bourneville dark choc would work best imo!) so syn value would change but this is the recipe I saw! xxx

I can do the next bag, if that's alright? Aiming to get back to SW this week so will be a good motivator :) Will whack them up later if everyone's ok with me doing it :)

[h=1]Cauliflower and Tofu Masala[/h]Ingredients
Serves: 4
· 450g tofu
· 125g natural yoghurt
· 2 teaspoons ground cumin
· 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
· 1 teaspoon paprika
· 1 teaspoon garam masala
· 1 tablespoon minced fresh root ginger
· 4 cloves garlic, minced
· 3 fresh serrano or green chillies, seeded and minced
· 4 teaspoons ground coriander
· 1/2 teaspoon salt
· 500g passata
· 1 small cauliflower, cut into florets
· 150g frozen garden peas
· 4 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
[h=2]Preparation method[/h]Prep: 20 mins | Cook: 50 mins
1.Place the block of tofu onto a plate and place another plate on top. Set a 1 to 3 kg weight on top (a container filled with water works well). Press the tofu for 20 to 30 minutes, then drain off and discard the accumulated liquid.
2.Preheat an oven to 190 C / Gas 5. Grease a baking tray.
3.Whisk the yoghurt, 2 teaspoons cumin, cayenne pepper, paprika, and minced ginger together in a bowl. Cut the tofu into 1cm cubes, and gently stir into the yoghurt mixture. Arrange the tofu cubes onto the prepared baking tray so they do not touch each other.
4.Bake the tofu in the preheated oven until the tofu has firmed and the sauce is no longer sticky, 45 minutes to 1 hour. Gently turn the tofu every 15 minutes during baking.
5.Meanwhile, cook the garlic and chillies in frylight until softened, about 3 minutes. Stir in the coriander, 2 teaspoons cumin, and salt. Cook another minute to release the fragrance of the spices. Add the passata and cauliflower florets; cover and cook, stirring frequently until the cauliflower is tender, about 15 minutes.
6.Once the cauliflower is tender, stir in the peas, coriander and baked tofu cubes. Bring to a simmer and cook 5 minutes, or until your desired thickness is achieved.

I tasted spicy hot, but not tasty enough for me, it was ok but not something I'll try again, but that's why this thread is good because you try new things & we can't expect all new recipes to be perfect.

No piccie as I can't get the darn thing to load, but you're not missing much.

The tofu I had for breakfast was nice, I 'fried' it with mango & chilli dressing & served with spinach, very yummy, think I'll do that again for tea but serve with something else not too sure what yet.

Cauliflower and Tofu Masala

Ingredients
Serves: 4
· 450g tofu
· 125g natural yoghurt
· 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
· 1 teaspoon paprika
· 1 teaspoon garam masala
· 1 tablespoon minced fresh root ginger
· 4 cloves garlic, minced
· 3 fresh serrano or green chillies, seeded and minced
· 4 teaspoons ground coriander
· 1/2 teaspoon salt
· 500g passata
· 1 small cauliflower, cut into florets
· 150g frozen garden peas
· 4 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
Preparation method

Prep: 20 mins | Cook: 50 mins
1.Place the block of tofu onto a plate and place another plate on top. Set a 1 to 3 kg weight on top (a container filled with water works well). Press the tofu for 20 to 30 minutes, then drain off and discard the accumulated liquid.
2.Preheat an oven to 190 C / Gas 5. Grease a baking tray.
3.Whisk the yoghurt, 2 teaspoons cumin, cayenne pepper, paprika, and minced ginger together in a bowl. Cut the tofu into 1cm cubes, and gently stir into the yoghurt mixture. Arrange the tofu cubes onto the prepared baking tray so they do not touch each other.
4.Bake the tofu in the preheated oven until the tofu has firmed and the sauce is no longer sticky, 45 minutes to 1 hour. Gently turn the tofu every 15 minutes during baking.
5.Meanwhile, cook the garlic and chillies in frylight until softened, about 3 minutes. Stir in the coriander, 2 teaspoons cumin, and salt. Cook another minute to release the fragrance of the spices. Add the passata and cauliflower florets; cover and cook, stirring frequently until the cauliflower is tender, about 15 minutes.
6.Once the cauliflower is tender, stir in the peas, coriander and baked tofu cubes. Bring to a simmer and cook 5 minutes, or until your desired thickness is achieved.

I tasted spicy hot, but not tasty enough for me, it was ok but not something I'll try again, but that's why this thread is good because you try new things & we can't expect all new recipes to be perfect.

No piccie as I can't get the darn thing to load, but you're not missing much.

The tofu I had for breakfast was nice, I 'fried' it with mango & chilli dressing & served with spinach, very yummy, think I'll do that again for tea but serve with something else not too sure what yet.

All those spices and still not tasty? What a shame! What did you have to substitute?

Yuck to mango dressing lol

Agree with what you say about this thread and new recipes x

Super simple seabass and spinach!

I used 2 blocks frozen spinach, defrost, squeeze excess water out, saute off diced red onion, add spinach, chilli flakes and soy sauce.

Bake seabass in the oven (mine was 190 c for 16-18 mins) serve on top of spinach. I would recommend maybe lime juice but I topped with a smidge of bns and garlic puree I have in the freezer in blocks.

1369658479748.jpg

Presentation not great but tasted yummy xx

Back