Ready to go!

ring her lucy! good luck and thanks for your kind words x

Hello Lucy!
Was actually thinking about you the other day, hadn't seen you around for a bit and wondered if you had started yet. Am so shocked that you've had to wait so long, but think I got extremely lucky with my group timing wise. And like BL says, alot of people have to wait for groups to start, must be so frustrating! But then my LLC still let two ladies join my group when the original members (2 weeks ahead of me) were on week 5...not sure if that's the right thing to do but she was keen for them start and didn't want them to have to wait.

If your LLC is a bit elusive, is there any other LL groups near you? I'm in Manchester so there are loads to choose from but might not be the case in Devon?

Just keep chasing her up! It's unfair to keep you in this limbo, i'd be going mad!
xxxx

hay lucy that is a real bummer.

on another note, dont suppose you are a computer programmer by anychance with the name 4loop, sounds like something i do daily?

FFish - I'm not a computer programmer, I can barely make my way around my laptop!! My user name is a combination of a nickname and my lucky number.
Hanmac, I still look here every day, but stopped posting coz I had no diet-related news to convey. My next nearest LLC is about 50 miles away so a no-no! In some ways I wouldn't mind joining an existing group just to get started, but I know I want to do this thing properly so I'm trying to be grown-up and patient, deep breathing(!) and putting things into perspective - it's only a few days in the big picture. I'm crap at patient ;) Don't worry you won't shut me up once I do get started!

FFish - I'm not a computer programmer, I can barely make my way around my laptop!! My user name is a combination of a nickname and my lucky number.
Hanmac, I still look here every day, but stopped posting coz I had no diet-related news to convey. My next nearest LLC is about 50 miles away so a no-no! In some ways I wouldn't mind joining an existing group just to get started, but I know I want to do this thing properly so I'm trying to be grown-up and patient, deep breathing(!) and putting things into perspective - it's only a few days in the big picture. I'm crap at patient ;) Don't worry you won't shut me up once I do get started!

trust me its worth the wait. I had to wait 6 weeks from intro to starting because of my dr not signing the form so misisng the induction. I would be done by now if it wasnt for my useless argumentative surgery.

Thanks FF, I know it will be worth the wait. I think in the back of my mind is that I didn't want to be on Total over Christmas [sorry for using the C-word so early], but the more I think about it, it shouldn't be such a problem either way. So I'm going with the flow. Man. I take it your surgery weren't too supportive? Well, just shy of 4 stone in 11 weeks speaks for itself - good for you.

oh such a shame you have to wait Lucy - get on with badgering your LLC - if you don't ask you don't get! I've been thinking about Christmas too - determined to be through with Total & Management by then so for once I will not have to start the New Year 'going on a diet'

snap im too thinking of xmas....i want to be done by then aswell if i can, have to wait and see

I know of course that I will forever be watching my weight and have no doubt that maintaining will be harder than losing - but that's a challenge I would love to face :D

Lucy it will be worth the wait. I had to wait 7 wks after my induction and was climbing the walls cos i felt I was ready to start. Every day felt like a week. But trust me when you get started the weeks just fly by so quickly. Hang on in there

christmas, can not wait. off to pay the lunch deposit this coming week for all my family and oh family coming over. first time they will have met.....BUT on the dieting side, great as we are not doing ashop which means no goodies or booze, just what the hotel serves up. SO it aint all letting go. already planned the diet for january to maintain at low levels to get over that big day.

not a christmas person, but cant wait. I am sure my waistline and bank manager wont approve tho

Do you not think that for so many of us - christmas is just a time to buy in sooooooo much food. Its always been an excuse to eat and eat and then eat some more for a couple of weeks. Will be strange this year just to buy what we need and not buy like the shops are going to be closed for a month

I agree. I have always called it greedfest.

The marketing men must love how stupid sheeple really are at that time of year.

I will not over consume, but I will celebrate. Its about a balance. for the weeks leading up and afterwards, I will eat less/excercise more and balance my diet.

One has to eat, drink and be merry with family gatherings, so I will feel no guilt. BUt at home we will not have the box of chocs, all the cheap booze etc etc. It will be like any other time of the year, except on one day we'll go off for a meal. Balance. and I am happy with that choice. SOme may disagree and say that I have crooked thinking over this, but I think "normal" people do that at christmas and to diet over christmas and stand outside of it all is abnormal.

Totally agree with you Flex. I will be enjoying christmas - on christmas day. I used to start celebrating on 1st dec and carry on eating and drinking until middle of jan when are the foods and drink was gone.

Totally agree with you Flex. I will be enjoying christmas - on christmas day. I used to start celebrating on 1st dec and carry on eating and drinking until middle of jan when are the foods and drink was gone.

Thats the point innit. Christmas to us sorts starts early and ends late. You dont celebrate your birthday for weeks around it just on the day.

Moderation and balance. I hope...no I am sure I can practice what I preach come then.

ANyway, we'll have to cut back with only me earning we wont be able to splash out on the trimmings like last year....a good thing to have come out of the economic dip i spose.

We will do it cos we have worked too bloody hard and spent too much money to get where we are - only to blow it over christmas

You know what I will be reading this at greedmas time to remind me of what we are saying so that I dont fail.

cheerybye for now.

see you on here tomorrow, my virtual support group.

Yea me too. Just remind about this wee chat when im having a shaky moment.

Nite nite

Hey guys and gals....I agree with what you have been saying.

I am always ASTOUNDED around Christmas time when I go to the shops. The trolleys - my god - they are brimming and overflowing - stacked full of food, as if its the end of the world.

Even when I was fat, and still for a lot of people now, It always seemed like we try to kill ourloved ones with food. We make the highest fat desserts, treats, etc., we bring them to work - to neighbours - to parties - lol It;s like "Here...I love you so much I want to clog your arteries and stop your heart!" :D

I reckon you all will hit christmas this year with your new eyes - be it that you are still abstaining, RTMing or managing. It will be different.

And one of the greated joys was New Years day, for the first time (for me) in 25 years, not making the resolution to lose weight. That is an incredibly rewarding and freeing moment. Sounds funny, and a slim person would not understand it - but I was overjoyed not to have that on my mind!

There is absolutely nothing wrong with enjoying Chritsmas, withfood and ddrink, right along with everyone else (unless you are still abstaining of oucrse ;)) on the day, and even Boxing day.. That is not what makes people fat. Its like you say, the day after day after day that gets a bit silly.

People just need to remember - the grocery stores still will sell food the day after christmas...lol...they don;t need to buy it all. :D

I used to love Christmas. But this year is going to be a tough one. It has been kind of a sad time for the past 17 years, because I lost my dad around chritmas and his birthday also is the 23rd, so there are a lot of anniverary's there.adn of course, it wil be the first since losing mom. So I am going to have to bolster myself up - but I really don;t think it iwll be a problem. I will enjoy, and have some indulgence. But I just don;t want to slip into a sad place and use that for an excuse. I don;t think I will. I hope. lol

We'll keep each other strong.

xx

One has to eat, drink and be merry with family gatherings, so I will feel no guilt.

That's just the right attitude to have Flex - it will be for that ONE DAY for me also - I've also got the benefit of a family gathering which is up in Doncaster and due to work committments I will be up there for 2 days and then coming home - perfect for staying on track and not going mad in a week long gorge fest like I would have done in the past :D

Back