Ready to start again

sojafay

Day 1

3rd attempt at slim and save, definitely worked but unrelated medical problems forced me to stop.
Weight has slowly crept back up, not quite heaviest but getting there, so here goes.....
Enjoyed the support, advice and encouragement here so back for more.

Day 1 done - café latte shake - banana mousse - cottage pie/cabbage - chocolate shake
am just at the tail end of a bout of bronchitis so don't feel like eating, the coughing means end up throwing up.
Packs are simple and made one into a mousse which was easy on the throat. Glugging water is helping with recovery.
Had the many trips to bathroom cursing as its upstairs but really glad at night :)
Headache wise thinks its there in background but had pain relief for aches and chills
using multi vitamin just to be sure getting everything. Menthol steam in shower before bed zzzzzzzzz
Have 2 days off then 6 shifts to a fortnights holiday roll on will be feeling better and lighter.

Last edited:
Day 2

Starting day 2

Just going to plod through and keep chugging the water easy day with sopranos box set

Best laid plans...... ended up in and out for most of day
Day 2 - oatmeal cookies- banana mousse - chilli with mushrooms - chocolate shake
cant tell if having carb withdrawl as ill anyway :-(
chugging last of water, pain killers, steam and bed zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Last edited:
Day 3

Day 3
Well woke up today with headache and light headed think carb withdrawal is definitely here, started the day with 2 glasses of water right away and 2 paracetamol.
Roll on ketosis :)
back to work tomorrow so face the challenge of eating at work, think ill take the oatmeal cookies as i'm taking the multi vitamin
so wont matter if i'm eating them an hour after making then have a shake for lunch.
Definitely having that Soprano box set day today!

Well didn't have soprano day visitors arrived
Day 3 caramel latte - banana mousse- macaroni and cauliflower with watercress - chocolate shake
sugar free jelly throat on fire
Thumping headache and dead jittery def carb withdrawal
steam and shower and blessed bed

Last edited:
Day 4

Day 4

oatmeal cookies - truffa bar - spicy spaghetti mushrooms/watercress - chocolate shake

Well survived work , actually feeling better bronchitis wise didn't cough half as much today:)
Oatmeal cookies were brilliant to take with tea this morning. Couldn't be bothered with the questions about a shake so had truffa bar at lunch. And just polished off the spicy spaghetti which I enjoyed. Chocolate shake tonight before bed.
Feel didn't get enough water though so trying to boost that probably be up and down tonight lol.
Headache gone, jitters gone all in all feel much better not tip top but def better

Day 5

day 5

Well woke up with a stonker of a headache, plan to keep on top of water even though working. On the good side no jitters.
5 shifts till on holiday woohoo
truffa bar - banana mousse - mushroom pasta/mushrooms green beans chocolate shake
headache still here drunk plenty of water through day so must be withdrawals and was starving when home from work
ouch ketosis hurry up plz

Last edited:
Day 6

Day 6
Thank god for a lie in at last (stretchinggggggggggggggggg)
Late shift today so have just made 2 of the oatmeal cookies with cinnamon and nutmeg finished with 2 chopped almonds eat your heart out Border Biscuits lol
No headache and a tentative thought that I feel good actually, still coughing but no sore throat.
Excited that its almost the first week in, weigh in tues morning eeeek
Have a good Sunday everyone xx
hazelnut shake - oatmeal cookies - truffa bar - chilli

Last edited:
Day 7

Day 7

Well last day of week and so glad to have got here. 3 work days till a fortnight off woooohooo
Finding it really difficult to get water down at work so chugging before and after which means lots of loo trips at night.
Yesterday refused ice lollies/ice cream said I was on a diet "only 50 cals go on" and i'm thinking yeah only 50 but gawd how much carbs. So proud held fast now.
Weigh in tomorrow fingers crossed, have been 100% so hoping for good things to keep me going.

banana shake - oatmeal cookies cottage pie/cabbage - chocolate shake
another day of dodging biscuits and choccies eek

Last edited:
Day 7

Well last day of week and so glad to have got here. 3 work days till a fortnight off woooohooo
Finding it really difficult to get water down at work so chugging before and after which means lots of loo trips at night.
Yesterday refused ice lollies/ice cream said I was on a diet "only 50 cals go on" and i'm thinking yeah only 50 but gawd how much carbs. So proud held fast now.
Weigh in tomorrow fingers crossed, have been 100% so hoping for good things to keep me going.

Well done yo. I'm on day 13 now and i've survived so many hurdles but licked some icing off a cake on saturday...lol - No guilt whatsoever!!

Let us know how it goes with your weigh in 2moro. I also weigh on Tuesdays.

thanks hom16
laughed out loud at image of licking icing off, kinda thing I would do lol
will certainly post weigh in, hoping for good things

Day 8

Day 8 1 week done wooohoooo

9lbs off very pleased
Here's hoping we can keep going this time, the last twice I've tried something has managed to derail me. I have promised myself not this time. The sheer effort involved in a vlcd makes it heartbreaking when you look back and think where you could have been.
So day 8 2nd last shift before 14 days off come on gal

caramel shake - lemon yoghurt bar - chilli and spinach- chocolate shake
another day spent dodging well meaning people lol

Last edited:
day 9

Day 9

First hurdle done - getting through a week.
Next hurdle get through this week, don't fall into the trap I've been so good I deserve that square of chocolate, that one biscuit that little ice lolly that one bite of nan bread.
So I've been so good I deserve to buy a lovely bubble bath and a new download for my kindle.
Off to last shift then i'm off for 2 glorious weeks wooohooo
After first day off doing nothing I plan to start a walking regime that's hopefully in place by the time I go back to work
have a good day all xx
caramel shake - oatmeal cookies - spicy spaghetti/pak choi/watercress - chocolate shake
Off with smelly stuff and new book officially on holiday woooohoooo

Last edited:
Day10

Day 10

At last on holiday:) not heading anywhere just a couple of days away.
Just so pleased no early rises or night shifts, so what happens wake up at 6:00am lol.
Isn't it great to just lie there though and only move when you want to.
Thoroughly enjoyed my smelly stuff treat and book, thinking what to have if I get through this week.

Having a chill out day today, general tidy up, catch some sun and a plan for starting to do some walking and gardening.

Have a good day all xx

caramel shake - oatmeal cookies - chilli/pak choi -chocolate shake

Last edited:
Day 11

Day 11

Just starting day 11 couldn't have picked better weather for holidays
Realised last night I have had none of the usual toilet issues with vlcd so think this is either
1- am finally drinking enough water
2- have included 200g of allowed vegetables
3- both
No hunger apart from morning when I am really ready for that first shake lol
Have a good day all xx

coffee/caramel shake - strawberry mousse - cottage pie/cabbage - chocolate shake

Well no walk today but did cut the grass, weed a border and painted a fence jeez think the fairies have switched me cant remember the last time had this much energy. Shattered now though, cool shower and kindle/ tv night for me.

Last edited:
Day 12

Day 12

Well the energy continued, went to bed but after an hour felt what am I doing here i'm not tired.
So up and went for a walk with the dog, met so many other people who obviously where trying to walk the poor moggies in some cool air, poor beasts in this weather.
Boinggggg this morning woke up arghhhh 7:00am still energized so we're off on another walk before the heat of the day kicks in.
Looks like my walking regime has been worked out for me lol
Have a good day all xx
Beautiful gorgeous day, more gardening. more walking now off to cinema with own water and muffin Have you seen the prices in those places!
café latte - oatmeal cookies - lettuce chilli wraps with cucumber - chocolate shake muffin

Last edited:
Day 13

Day 13

Well sods law, up early to run son to train station and could have slept longer, might just pop back in there until sun breaks through then get up.
Almost at 2 week point, when I think about doing 12 weeks of this I get all panicky, thinking i'll never do it. I have to keep reminding myself 1 week at a time.
For the first time since starting i'm having a protein meal today, we have fresh trout so i'm poaching it with a little butter and salt and pepper and having it with salad gawd drooling already..... so sad lol
I think this awesome weather has helped dont want to eat in it so s&s is ideal, don't want to do much, neither does anyone else, drinking loads so is everyone else (theirs might have alcohol but hey ho)
Have a good day all xx
porridge - banana mousse - trout and salad -chocolate shake
thoroughly enjoyed my trout salad and couldn't believe how stuffed I was

Last edited:
Day 14

Day 14

Well after enjoying my trout and salad I had a terrible evening.
I spent it fighting the urge to self destruct and eat everything in sight.
At first I was full and happy, then I became hungry, ravenous hungry.
I knew I wasn't so drank more water thinking its thirst, but nope.
Then I checked carb level, that was fine too.
So that left me - and these horrible eating patterns that have got me where I am today. Its not enough to enjoy a meal, I want to keep that full feeling and end up bingeing then feeling so guilty.
It has shocked me, I thought I was gaining some control and willpower but it came out of the blue and was so dammed hard to fight off. I think what saved me was having only 1 day to weigh in had it been the start of the week I probably would have caved.
So for now i'm steering clear of the protein options, I don't think I would be strong enough to keep fighting that bingeing urge.

Café latte - curry noodle soup - cottage pie/cabbage - chocolate shake
well have survived, 2 week weigh in tomorrow, What's happened to our weather(stamps foot)

Last edited:
Day 15 Week 3

Day15 Week 3 begins

Well, so glad I didn't binge 1st stone off what a motivator.
As I am on my feet a lot they're not very nice to say the least, lots of hard skin etc, so my treat for this week is a visit to the podiatrist and some foot care stuff. Then maybe that'll encourage me to keep up the walking I've started.
In my mind, my goal seems such a long way off, so i'm trying to fix on smaller goals, the next one will be getting into the 16 stone bracket.
Have a good day all xxx

Café latte - vanilla crispy mousse - chilli/ green beans - chocolate shake
Walking on air after podiatrist, wish I could afford and make time for that every week.
Still feeling quite hungry today but chasing those demons away so far

Last edited:
Day 16

Day 16

Another day down, trying to space my meals out and have sugar free jelly and bouillon for those moments when I must have something.
I passed up a strawberry tart and a slice of lemon meringue pie yesterday, quite happily. Then by the end of the day was almost at the point of driving to the 24 hr Tesco to get a bucketful of goodies and self sabotage, arghhhhh will this ever stop.
I wonder if its your body, trying to desperately get more calories into it.
Or is it me, and my I've done so well I deserve a treat and that treat should be food mindset
Either way this is hard gulp
have a good day all xxx
café latte - lemon yoghurt bar - spaghetti/mushrooms -chocolate- shake sugar free- jelly and boullion
Survived lol

Last edited:
hey hun, your doing amazing well done on ur loss so far :D a stone in 2 weeks wooohooo!!

Ive been having a few of them moments i just want to eat and eat all the things i cant, its part of the diet i reckon! Your mind playing games with you, its a tough diet to do in many ways :)

Have a fab day xx

thanks stef, helps to know i'm not the only one having these thoughts.
Gawd look how well you've done, you keep going girl, i'm sure you're going to look stunning and happy on your big day xx

Back