Really close to giving up

vixhicks

Feeling so down in the dumps today. This diet is so blinkin hard. I know it's giving me results, I know it's oh so simple compared to others, but I miss food. I miss food so much it's making me miserable. Just undecided as to what to do.

Hubby is supporting me either way - completely supportive if I decide to keep going, but also not happy about how miserable I am - said he would prefer an overweight happy wife than a thin miserable one.

So confused.

oh nooooooooooooo - poor thing! I think that you need to have a lil think about wat is the most important thing to you and how quickly you want to achieve it???????????
If you prefer a slower scenic trip - take that journey, I'm on the motorway and not even stopping at the services - \if you get my drift!
Its all down to each individual - there's nothing wrong in finding that SS is not compatible and that also does not mean that you have failed - you could always look at one of the higher programmes perhaps xx xx xx

I know how you feel. In fact, I have a feeling we all know how you feel. :(

But before you make any decisions, can I just ask what other diets you've been on before? If this is the first one you've tried, then yep, I agree, it might be better to try something else. But if on the the other hand, you've come to the CD after having tried everything else, then maybe you need to give it just a tiny bit longer?

It's weigh-day tomorrow, isn't it? How about giving it until tomorrow - see how you feel then?

Hugs :hug99:

Have a think about what you want and whats more inportant to you. Are you a long term pain, slow term gain or short term pain, long term gain kind of person. I've had enough of the scenic route, but for some people the scenic route might make the journey more enjoyable.

Please do try and see the rest of your week out though. You do get a "hump" where you think "what the hell am I doing?", I had mines at day 5 but not racing on at day 16 and no problems. See how you feel in a few days.

I've tried other diets before, slimming world and weight watchers, but at this precise moment I think after a week of no food I have gained a new found appreciation of food. I don't crave crap - I crave tuna salad, ham and tomato sandwiches - not chocolate or crisps. Just normal healthy food. I am so confused. Will be so ashamed to give up so soon but I can't continue being this miserable......I'm just not as strong as you all.

Vix, don't be ashamed! CD isn't for everyone and there's no shame in that. If you really are so unhappy then you have to do what you think is best. Personally, i think waiting til your weigh-in might be a good idea. But, ultimately it's your choice my lovely. Chin up ok, it's not the end of the world xx

Yep, even salad sounds tempting, I know. :) But speaking from experience (and sadly, I have some experience of falling from the CD wagon - that's why I'm still here) it doesn't stop there. Shortly afterwards follows the 'what the hell' moment, where you systematically devour the contents of the fridge until you feel rather as though you're going to explode...

Okay, so maybe that's just me. :D Maybe you wouldn't do that.

All right, here's another option. Eat something. Just a little something. If you're really craving healthy food, you should have no trouble at all working up an appetite for a small plateful of broccoli and maybe a small piece of chicken. That wouldn't send you too far wrong and would only be like having a SS+ day.

I can't decide whether you want us to talk you out of this - or talk you into it, LOL. There's a good chance you don't know either.

But I promise you we'll understand your decision - and support you in it, whichever way you decide to jump.

More hugs

hey there honey.

stop and think for a moment. i have been exactly where you are and now i'm back here, back on cd, trying to finish what i started.

we all miss food. i have been miserable, a b*tch, the lot. however, it was the beginning of my realisation of what eating truly was to me, which was a cover up for the real problems i was going through. the comfort eating and the habits.

if you can i would think closely about why not eating is making you miserable. is it really the food and the eating you are missing or is it the short-term high that eating gives you. if it's the second option then it might be worth trying to find other ways of treating yourself, spending time with your family and friends etc...

i craved jacket potatoes when i was on cd, even brocolli!! but once coming off i found that it wasn't those things that i ate all the time. i did manage not to gain whilst not on cd, but it was a battle with myself.

i kidded myself into thinking that i was miserable for different reasons.

this time around i know that if i'm miserable it's because i'm missing that high, rather than the food itself.

keep going babes, at least until your weigh in and you see how well you've done. don't give up until then.

if you do decide that cd isn't for you, make sure it's for the right reasons. there's nothing harder than starting again!!

abz xx

Sorry you are finding it so tough Vix. I too worried about how i would cope with no food, however one of the things that attracted me to CD was the step down approach.
I started last Thursday morning and because I had to wait until the Dr had signed my forms I started on Step 4 - 1200 cal for 2 days, then yesterday did 1000 cal step 3 - I found those quite "easy" (if you ignore the craving for a friday night vodka!) so today I'm on Step 2 810 cal - well today is a lot harder because I havent had any real proper food yet - my original plan was to go to SS+ tomorrow but I think I might have another day on 810 - and have my meal at lunchtime tomorrow (work day) - then go to SS+ on Tuesday.

I hoped by weaning myself down this way the lack of real food wouldn't have the same effect as starting with a 'bang'.

Time will tell of course - but although I do feel hungry - and still have to feed hubby and the kids - I don't feel down about the diet (yet!). I do think i've lost weight already this week and am looking forward to Wednesdays weigh in.

Things I've found that have helped. Split each sachet - i've had all drinks / soups / porridge as 2 portions - makes me feel I am eating more! Knitting - gives me something to focus hands and mind on other than food. Water - have definately been drinking 3-4L a day.

Hope you feel better about the diet soon - and you have a good result on the scales tomorrow to spur you on.
regards
Pamela

Sorry to hear CD is making you so miserable but your weigh in is so close Hun, would be such a wast of all your hard work if you didn't at least see it though till then. Your result will be amazing and hopefully give you the umph you need to stick at it.

Good luck and keep your chin up

Hey hon .
Just wanted to see how you are now!! I have just checked into the posts as been out!!
Your doing so well hon .. Stick with it your weigh in is so soon . and you will have such a good result!!
Its so amazing when you see the weight falling off and you feel so good.. and confident!!
Hang in there.. you can do it!! If you really want it!!!
Big hugs xx

Back