Total Solution Really struggling :(

IamSam

I'm on day 3 of week 5 on TS. I've lost just short of 17lbs, which for me is absolutely amazing! Weight loss for me is generally really slow and almost soul destroying so I'm absolutely stoked at my progress so far.

The problem is that all of a sudden I am completely unmotivated and really struggling. Up until now I have been positive, motivated and been in an awesome frame of mind. I don't know where that has gone! I have got back in to my pre pregnancy jeans and people have started to comment and ask if I've lost weight; all of these put the biggest smile on my face yet I cannot motivate myself to exercise and all I want to do is eat. I guess that confirms that I am a comfort/emotional eater who would usually be scoffing now!!

I really don't want to undo everything I've done so far but my usual coping mechanism for feeling down is food. This is the first hurdle I've come to where I really want to use food to cope. I am struggling ladies and I don't know what to do :(((

x

You're doing the right thing hun, coming on here and letting it out really helps. Don't give up you know you can do it and break that comfort food habit! Try going for a walk to clear your head, have a nice bath and read a book or something. Or if you can treat yourself to something other than food, a new bag or some new jeans? I hope you feel better soon!

Thank you Smidge! Thank you for reading my post and taking the time to reply :) I would love to treat myself to something new but I have no money (currently on maternity pay!) but I do have heaps of clothes that no longer fit me - just got those out for a look at and tried some of the next size down on (I have many different sizes!!) so got a few new bits to wear at least!!!

Thanks again, your support is much appreciated xxx

Anytime :) I like to try on the clothes that are too big too now as well, really see how much your body has changed!

Well done on your weight loss so far that's fantastic. I too am an emotional eater and a cake maker at that so there is soooo much temptation around. I'm on week four and after only a small loss this week I almost lost my way, so I came on here to vent and subsequently feel a bit better.

Take an hour out of ur day just for you, a face pack, walk or bath should help you to relax and remember why your sticking to this. We're all here to tap into for advice at anytime. Keep smiling and shrinking :)

Thanks for posting that. I'm in binge mode at the moment, wanting to eat EVERYTHING! It's really hard.. those ideas were great, so thanks for posting when you did!!! :) I needed the advice!!!

Good luck getting through this feeling!! You're doing so well!!

Thank you so much surfybeachbabe and joyous_one! Your support and encouragement are very greatly received! I have given myself a little pat on the back as I have made it through the day so far with a shake and a bar, where as this morning I was sure I was going to fall off the wagon!!

Surfybeachbabe - I too am a cake maker! I have actually found that I am baking more than ever at the moment and giving it to anyone and everyone! Yeap it's hard not to taste it but I think it's the nurturing coming out; if I can't eat then I must feed everyone else! Hubbie says I am getting smaller and he is getting bigger with all the nice lunches, dinners, cakes, biscuits, pastries I keep making!!! Are you the same? Also I think as my loss this week is also not that great, that's maybe why I'm feeling this way/so down?!

Joyous_one - has the binge mode passed or at least got easier? Well done you for not giving in though :)

Thanks ladies xx

Haha I have found I enjoy cooking more now, maybe it's the smell, maybe it's seeing someone else enjoy food who knows! I'm always asking my OH if what he is eating is delicious :p

I'm kinda sticking to it. Work ordered in Thai food today :( I got satay minus the sauce and had my mousse (shake made into mousse) but then I are a truffle - and it was awful and totally NOT WORTH IT! Ah well, lesson learned, stick to the plan! Aside from that I've been good :)

Actually yesterday I ate my full days worth by 3pm and thankfully wasn't hungry after that, and didn't eat for the rest of the day :)

How are you doing today?!!!

Hey joyous_one!

Sorry for the late reply. Had family visiting......I've managed to stay 100% on the plan though! Still been thinking about food but not string enough thoughts to do anything naughty about it so j think I'm over it!

How are you doing? I see you had a FANTASTIC loss for week 7! Well done you :))

X

Hey joyous_one!

Sorry for the late reply. Had family visiting......I've managed to stay 100% on the plan though! Still been thinking about food but not string enough thoughts to do anything naughty about it so j think I'm over it!

How are you doing? I see you had a FANTASTIC loss for week 7! Well done you :))

X

Hey Sam!!!

Thanks!!! I'm doing ok, had a couple of days at 100% and a couple not, but I'm ok with that, progress is progress :)

Well done on staying 100%!!!! Especially with visitors!!! Next week I'll do the whole week 100% :)

Back