REALLY STRUGGLING

vikh

just finished day 6 and not sure how much longer i can do this for...
Never been one for anything that comes from a packet and no matter how i mix them or blend them the powdery feel in my mouth is now at stage i almost gag before i even go near a shake let alone drink it.

Hi Vikh. Sorry to hear you're struggling. Try to keep going but if it's really not for you perhaps try another diet. I really hope you get used to the shakes cos it does get easier. Keep positive and I hope you succeed in what you do. xx

Aww hunny, you're almost there! I am very sure when you get your weigh in result, you'll completely change your view and may encourage you to do more. You've come this far, you can do it. Just give it one more day xxx

I understand how you feel, as I was exactly the same when I first started. The only way I can get the drinks down is to drink them through a straw. I hated them to start with but now I love them. Good luck hun, you are doing so well and it will get so much easier.....I promise. :)

just finished day 6 and not sure how much longer i can do this for...
Never been one for anything that comes from a packet and no matter how i mix them or blend them the powdery feel in my mouth is now at stage i almost gag before i even go near a shake let alone drink it.

Bless you hon it's not easy is it, especially when you can't stomach them. I am like that wth the chicken soup now and the thought of having to drink just that makes me gag too so i can kinda empathise.
You've done so well to come this far but you shouldn't do something if it makes you feel bad. See how you do at weigh in and you might feel differently about things.
But don't stay on it for sake of it, with determination, i think you can loose weight on all diets.
good luck babe and keep us updated.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Cheers....hopefully weigh in tomorrow might make it feel worth while..so need to loose weight as might need help getting pregnant and we know first thing they will say is about my size..
sorry to sound like such a whinge bag...so want to stick with it

please please give it one more day and then go for your weigh in. once you step on those scales and see how many lbs have disappeared i think u will see the diet in a completely different light!!! if you think it wasnt worth the trouble then a) i will dance naked b) you could try a different diet. xxx

Your nearly there hunny, once tomorrow is over it will keep ya going for another week and ya are not whinging thats what we are here for to have a moan at, we have all done it

I always use the shaker to mix my drinks as it was much nicer than the blender. I got one of the Maximuscle ones from boots and its really good.

Have you tried some of the suggestions on this site? Like coffee in the vanilla one or peppermint tea in the chocolate (both lovely). I also prefer them really, really cold.

I hope you have a fab weight loss and it motivates you for next week. xx

Oh, I also use about 350ml to dilute them a bit more, that might help.

The best fiver I've ever spent was on a Tesco's value hand blender (I'm not proud of it... I'm a Waitrose lad at heart ;) ) but that hand blender made the LT shakes palatable & I took it where ever I went :) It's still going strong now :)

Also checkout your home baking aisle (I'm not gay... honest... :eek:) for essences :) I loved almond essence (made my choc shake go all frangipane ish & peppermint essence was a godsend too :)

Chin up - you can do this :)

Good luck, lets hope your weigh in gives you that boost to make the shakes more palatable. I was like that the first couple of days but I am now finding them okay (if a little boring). I use my smoothie maker at home to mix them, this makes them smoother and I leave it on a long time, so its sort of creamy and fluffy on top. I have a hand blender that I bring to work with me, which is ok but not as good as the smoothie maker.
Hope you have a good WI.

Cheers all for advice and encouragement.....got weighed yesterday which was start of day 7 for me......lost 7lb which i was hoping for more until chemist gave me prep talk and kick up backside lol....now feeling more positive despite my distaste at the shakes and promised myself will stick to it.

Glad you're feeling more positive babe. Weekly weight loss depends on how much you have to loss overall. If you have less to lose your weekly losses won't be a big as others who started heavier but it's all relative and you will soon notice the difference.

I know you say you have tried making them always but try making them with ice cubes / water mix you need a good blender but it was the only way to get my CD shakes cold enough :D.I never liked the taste of lipotrim but didnt try them with ice so give it a go good luck VLCD work hun but make sure you do the whole program .As with any diet if you go back to old eating habits you will have wasted your time .Good luck hun it will be worth while xx

As with any diet if you go back to old eating habits you will have wasted your time .

And your money. That's motivation right there!!

I know you say you have tried making them always but try making them with ice cubes / water mix you need a good blender but it was the only way to get my CD shakes cold enough :D.I never liked the taste of lipotrim but didnt try them with ice so give it a go good luck VLCD work hun but make sure you do the whole program .As with any diet if you go back to old eating habits you will have wasted your time .Good luck hun it will be worth while xx

Lots of ice is the only way i can take mine i got a cheap blender from argos around £7ish pounds and it's a god send ... i use arpund 4-5 ice cubes and a spoon ful of decafe coffee and it's so yummy i look forward to them now also i add 2-3 sweetners

well done on your weight loss so far xx

vikh, half a stone! woopeeeee thats fantastic half way in a week to your stone. You can do this, the shakes are vile, i still find them difficult but as i keep saying a means to and end...(end of excess weight) so I'm sticking with it and if I can you can so chin up and go for it!

Back