Really weird feeling

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by amber26, 8 September 2009 Social URL.

1. amber26

amber26 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st7lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I am chaging shape a lot and i have been able to feel my ribs this seems a weird thing to say but i don't feel comfortable in my own skin is that weird

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. vixkat

vixkat Cambridge Consultant

hi ya, it may just take you a little while to accept the new you, but try to embrace the changes in a positive manner x i bet your looking great :) well done on your loss so far x

4. Scarlet Daisy

Scarlet Daisy Hungry For Life

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st8lb
    Lost(%):
    4st6lb(29.52%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I get like that, it feels very odd. I suppose when you've been used to thinking of yourself in a certain way, having a body that doesn't match will take a while to get your head round.

5. sugar_lipswales

sugar_lipswales Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    7st10lb(36.73%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I'm not sure I like the way my hip bones are starting to stick out when I'm lying down, my collarbones sticking out where they used to have some padding over them and yes the ribs are a bit weird too seeing as I haven't felt my ribs since I was a small child. You've got to wonder what's harder, losing the weight or trying to get your head to catch up lol

6. StaceyUK

StaceyUK Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st1.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I've been obese all my life and a yo-yo dieter so my weight has fluctuated from 10st (doing VLCD) to 21st.

Even now, having done SW for over a year and a half, my head still hasn't caught up with my body. I'm 11st 11lb and still feel like I'm in the 15's if not the 17's! I look at people who are 15 or 16st and still think I'm the same size as them.

It will take time but eventually it will all fall into place and your head will get used to the new, healthier you!

7. Mrs V

Mrs V Loves Life!

Start Weight:
    21st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    9st2lb(42.52%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    It is strange isnt it???

My hip bones are begining to stick out, as well as my shoulders and I love that feeling!

8. VITFA

VITFA Full Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    i agree with every1 it took me a long time to accept that i looked the way i did sometimes i look in the mirror and still see the 14.8 stone girl but i need to remind myself daily how far ive came -

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.