Total Solution Rea's Radical New Routine

Hi Les - sounds like a great start! I had great results in my first week despite some naughty meals and going off diet so I hope you do too!

Re

Oh thanks for replying. It's gonna b good having someone to chat to. Fingers crossed for a good week x

More. How are u today. I am just getting organised for my day ahead. For breakfast to day I am going to have Apple crumble and custard , so looking forward to trying this☺For lunch I think I might have the soup today. Have a great day .les x

⬇️0.2

Slow and steady. I'll take that. Especially since I caved and ate a kinder egg last night. Hormones. It's all damn hormones. Can't wait to get this out of the way and get going. Discussed joining the gym with the boy tonight. Boy is supportive. This is positive. I will definitely do so, possibly this month or definitely when I get paid.

Hope you're both doing well today - or at least better than me!! Which soup did you have for lunch, Les? And freefall the exercise is less diet related than fear at the bad knee. I'm 28 and I'm pretty sure it's absolutely done in. You can just hear the bones grinding together. Most likely no cartilage left in it. So need to keep the muscle around it working to support it! But I guess it can't hurt the diet either!

Breakfast
Chocolate orange shake for breakfast. It was ok but I wouldn't order it again. Will drink the rest but they're just a little odd tasting to be honest.

Lunch
Double chocolate bar. Love these. Can't wait til more arrive tomorrow. They're just yum. A cross between a mars bar and a Milky Way, kind of. I was weak and had a packet of BBQ pop chips too, 70 extra calories. It's really hard not to eat at work with everyone constantly munching around me, and major period pains kicked in so I also had 2 fruit pastilles and 1 celebration at around 4.30 because I was just craving sugar.

Tea
I was planning on a Compromise tea - one sandwich thin with half a pack of sausage mix. Made it into a patty rather than sausage shapes and enjoyed with lots of raw onion (I have a love hate relationship with onion depending on where I am in my cycle, oddly!) however I had a coffee and danced around for half an hour like a maniac, and then I just wasn't hungry anymore so I rooted out that half a cookie I had knocking about and nibbled on that instead.

Day 11 Verdict:
Today was tough. Hormones and work environment made me snack. Need to get on top of that, even if it was only 150 calories and I was only 50cals over target. That's 150 too many. It's so much easier to diet at home without outside influence. Plus do you have any idea how much carbs are in 2 fruit pastilles? If I'd known that I wouldn't have TOUCHED the damn things. Wish I weren't working. Also left the stepper til the end of the day - really didn't feel like doing it at all but had to force myself. Knee was slightly better at work today - forced myself to use the stairs normally (not one-step one-step like a granny) and coped okay for the most part so maybe the stepper is helping. Will keep it up and see.

899 active calories burnt according to my watch. 624 consumed according to MyFitnessPal

◀️▶️ equal

That's really disappointing. Despite my dodgy snacking I thought I did really well yesterday. I only had 650 calories and I did 40mins of light exercise. Watch said I burnt a total of 3.750 calories, so I thought I'd be fine. My motivation to continue is fine, but just a little disappointed. That said, my delightful monthly visitor is really amping up the pressure this morning so you never know - it could all magically disappear when it does. Who knows.

Breakfast
Vanilla shake with a big spoon of Nescafé azera spooned into it. Nice. Like a latte frappuccino. Not as good as the strawberry and the chocolate, which are firm favourites, but definitely up there in the top three id say. Enjoyed it and will have it again.

Lunch
Made some strawberry delight in my exante bowl (the nifty one with the lid and spoon) this morning before work and it kept surprisingly well until 1pm. Will employ this technique again for sure. Might make a chocolate one or a butterscotch one for tomorrow's lunch.

Tea
Arrived home at 5pm to find my order of bars has come. Just bars. Lots and lots of bars. In my excitement I opened the cookies and cream bar I've been planning on having all day and nibbled a third of it. I actually adore these things. They're my favourite of all the products. I'll be doing my stepper shortly and I'll have the rest of it after that.

Day 12 Verdict:
Disappointing about the lack of loss today but it could be worse - it could have gone up!! First non-snacking day managed at work, so big thumbs up to me for that! Only managed 6 mins on the stepper (leg pain) so danced around a bit instead. Closed all rings on my watch. It's currently saying 800 active calories (3000 overall today, with 610 consumed excluding squash, so call it 650). 31 mins of exercise. That'll do for today.

Sorry to read about your disappointment on the scales. It sounds like u r staying positive so well done.
I also love the cookie and cream bar and can't wait to have one of mine.
Like u my exercise has been good today

Sorry posted to quickly. 15k steps . The weather is so lovely hubby and I have just done another hours walk. Take care x les

Well done on your weight loss
If I got a stone off in a week I'd be over the moon
When I done the diet last year I lost 19lbs in 2 weeks but alas I didn't stick to it!!! I could have been super slim by now
In the plus side I don't have the dreaded time of the month and the cravings that go with it
Luckily I've sailed through the menopause without any hiccups apart from the middle age spread spreading a bit more my arms legs and ass are ok it's just my middle luckily I'm tall so I don't resemble a roly poly yet but the way I was eating it was getting to that as well as working In a Chinese for 9 years with food on tap No matter how many times you went to work and thought stop picking it always happened Now I'm at home all day alone I need to get out more instead of travelling everywhere in the car I need to start walking
Actually feeling a bit better now I've had my moan and let off steam
Good luck you you all
Anita

⬇️1kg

We're back on the move in the right direction. Hurray! Baby steps Anita - try parking the car a tiny bit further away from wherever you're going. That's what I'm trying to do. Every little helps! I wish I had the time and company to go for long walks Les-I'm really jealous!

Breakfast
Tried the vanilla cereal. Was quite palatable if very vanilla-y, though what would you expect with that name?! To be honest I expected it to be a little less so, more like milk. Maybe next time I have it I'll siphon off some of the vanilla milk powder and pop it in a little container to use like powdered milk in drinks on that day?

Lunch
Took a shake in my new cool bottle, which stayed icy cold til 2pm. Fab. What was less fab was the total loss of control where I ate the majority of a sharing bag of tortilla chips with garlic and herb dip. I'm thoroughly ashamed to say - so please don't judge me on it - that I promptly went to the privacy of the toilet at work and made myself throw it all up again. I've never done it before in my life and I feel that bad for having to do it, that I was weak and bad, that I will not be placing myself in that position again. I blame hormones and cravings.

Tea
Punishing myself for lunchtime and not having any tea. I've no idea how much of the crisps and dip stayed in my tummy, or how much badness was absorbed into my system in the 15 minutes of solid shovelling them into my greedy gob, so I'm doing without. I can't risk putting any more carbs in me today.

Day 13 Verdict:
I feel like a hideous human being. I don't really want to talk about it, but I'm doing this thing honestly so thought I'd better record it for posterity. Hope everyone else did better than me today.

Sorry to read that u stuffed yourself with crisp and that u had to make yourself sick after doing it. I can't imagine doing that to myself as being sick is my worst thought ever.
Take care of yourself and don't put yourself in that position again. Be positive and perhaps take a light snack with you in case you find yourself in that position again. If u don't mind me asking how much weight have u lost

Don't be too hard on yourself, you are doing so well and in the grand scheme of things a bag of tortillas is nothing. New day tomorrow and be careful the diet is not worth damaging your mental health.

I may not have mentioned it was a family sharing bag, which is what caused my drastic action. Still, I'm refusing to put myself in that position again. I've never done it before and I will never do it again. There's just no need. Hormones make me totally unstable. It's vile.

I've lost 7.9kg so far Les, (about 17lb I believe) which is a great start, but I can't jeopardise my progress. I have a hell of a lot more to lose (somewhere in the region of 60kg to be in a 'healthy weight' range for my height, though I'm only aiming for about 40kg more at present). I'm currently classed as 'very obese' despite being 5,9 and in a size 20-24 (depending on top or bottom!).

New day tomorrow. It'll all be fine.

On a side note, mini friends, can I ask your opinions on something? Have any of you bought something specific you'd like to fit into when you hit your target etc? I only ask because I'm a bit of a hoarder, and I have kept clothes in sizes 16-26 (I've been everything in between) so there's no point me doing this.

However, I have fallen in love with a gorgeous pair of knee high boots I've seen on eBay. And I'm considering buying them with the aim that I will fit into them. My calves will be too chunky to zip them up at present, but I like the idea of putting them on display on a chest of drawers in my bedroom as a motivator with the aim of finally getting into them. What do you all think??

Go for it. Having something to aim for is great. Well done on your weight loss so far u must b so proud of yourself. Give yourself mini targets to achieve u can do this xx les

Definitely buy, check length though as knee high on me would probably be more like ankle boots for you. I bought some UGG Wilcox as they were on sale they fit just (bit of a calf muffin top) but I am not wearing till I get the ankle gap and the biker boot look that they are supposed to give.

Last edited:
Thanks! good point on the length, though most of my leg length is in the knee to hip part, rather than the ankle to knee, so hopefully they should be fine with that. The boy also gave an encouraging response but it's not fit to be posted here, so it's safe to say i'll be buying them!!

Mine is simple I want to be able to go into any shop and buy a bra!!!
Might be a small thing to some but having to trail round shops trying them on only to find there like peas on drums Then having to go to marksies to get properly fitted and them only having maybe 2 bras suitable which resemble hammocks
I'd love to buy some nice feminine underwear without costing a fortune
Anita

I used to feel like that about underwear too Anita - I actually buy the majority of mine from Ann Summers on clearance now. They go up to a...44g i think and up to a size 24 bottoms in some of their stuff. I spend way too much money on their website considering the boy has no interest whatsoever in fancy underwear. Apparently he does have interest in boots, though, so i'm quite nibbling away on a quarter of a cookies and cream bar at present - i shall save the rest for later and get exercising when i get in!! ;)

Back