Reasons for disappointing weigh ins?

madmumof3

I'm feeling deflated today as I've been averaging 2-3lbs losses but today I only los 1/2 lb.

Now I know it's still a loss but I thought I'd start a thread for people who are a bit gutted to try to figure out what could have happened.

I've been 100% food wise this week so can only think of a few things it could be...

Starting exercise (water retention?)

Possibly * week next week (not regular so not sure)

A couple of days before last weeks weigh in (2 1/2lb) I went wrong (bbq and a meal out) so maybe that slip affecting this weeks loss instead of last weeks?

Anyone else need help figuring out what could have gone wrong?

I think we are all disappointed at times but a lot of the time there is a reason we need to stop and think and a loss is a loss so don't be disheartened ur body doesn't know what day is weigh day xx

I often only lose 1/2lb each week even though I'm 100% and occasionally have a 2-3lb loss. It can be very frustrating, especially when you see others losing 2-3lbs every week despite their big blowouts at the weekend. I try to stay positive and motivated and take comfort in the fact that I'm still losing and have never had a gain/maintain week.

It took me 16 months to lose 2 stone, so that averages out at 2lb per month or 0.5lb per week! For the first 2 months I was on plan 100% & then had the occasional meals out/alcohol fueled weekend throughout the summer, had a blip Aug - Oct as a friend was dying, but got back to it last October, with again a few meals out/alcohol related times & reached target a couple of weeks ago!
So the reason Im saying this, it takes time & I've had WI's where I've been 100% & lost very little/STS, but you just have to keeping plugging away because if you are committed to losing the weight, you will! Every little half a pound mounts up & you will naturally get fluctuations in your weight loss, so never be disappointed in them. If you look at it over a month, you will see a better result. You'll find on here, a lot of ladies who have slow losses, but they get there through grit & determination.
Just keep it going!!!

Hi, I know it's really hard when the scales STS or you have a small loss. These are the most challenging times, especially if you feel you have been on plan 100%.

I think the best thing may be to look back at the week (I assume you have all your food wrote down) and look at what's been eaten. Is there anywhere you think maybe you didn't include enough superfree? Did you eat until that just full feeling or carried on because it was on the plate (I have done this). If you can say hand on heart you couldn't have changed anything, then maybe you could look at mixing up the plans. Try Red or Green or a week of success express and see if this changes anything.

Also, I think exercise can have an effect and you may see the results of this next week (same with * week for definite). The other thing is we all lose at different rates and as Kim63 says every little bit that goes all adds up to getting to where you want to be. Don't let this feeling of frustration get the better of you as it is counterproductive. Good luck with next week. :)

Hi, I know it's really hard when the scales STS or you have a small loss. These are the most challenging times, especially if you feel you have been on plan 100%.

I think the best thing may be to look back at the week (I assume you have all your food wrote down) and look at what's been eaten. Is there anywhere you think maybe you didn't include enough superfree? Did you eat until that just full feeling or carried on because it was on the plate (I have done this). If you can say hand on heart you couldn't have changed anything, then maybe you could look at mixing up the plans. Try Red or Green or a week of success express and see if this changes anything.

Also, I think exercise can have an effect and you may see the results of this next week (same with * week for definite). The other thing is we all lose at different rates and as Kim63 says every little bit that goes all adds up to getting to where you want to be. Don't let this feeling of frustration get the better of you as it is counterproductive. Good luck with next week. :)

Yes definitely been 100%, I've had more superfree than 1/3 most days so it's defiitely not the diet, I always keep a diary so have every written down.

I'm sure it's the exercise and the fact it's most likely star week next week (so I'm bloated this week).

I'm not going to stop exercising, even though it'll probably mean a gain next week, exercising and healthy eating can't lose can it :D

Oh I agree don't stop the exercise, I bet you'll see a bigger loss next week for sure. I do know what you mean though it's just trying to figure out what happened and sometimes I think there just isn't an answer. Frustrating as that is.

Good luck for next week though, let us know how you get on :D

Back