Reasons it's crap being fat!!!

Snap on both of them Bellyflop!!!!!!!!!! lol A jacket on the arris is not a good look!

The things we do, eh? *le sigh*

:) Yeah it is, I'm having a bit of a funny five minutes :)

Snap
Ditto
Snap
Ditto
Oh and sweating like a hog roast when all I've done is stand up!!!:eek:
T x

I can relate to most of the things mentioned! For me the main things are:

- Not being able to eat what I want in public, because of the 'no wonder you're fat' looks.
- Not being able to buy lovely clothes!
- Being the fattest person in a room/at work/in the pub etc.
- Having an anorexic friend... Although standing next to her does have a certain comedy value...
- Big boobs. I hate them. Can never lay on my front at night, and small bras are much nicer than big ones.
- Not wanting to go to the gym or swimming because I'll be so much fatter than everyone else there.
- Feeling tired and lethargic all the time.
- Heartburn and hiatus hernia... which I'm told will go if I lose weight
- luxating patella, giving me knee pain (and my knee gives way), which should also go if I lose weight.
- feeling guilty for eating anything nice. Mentally beating myself up over a sausage roll or bag of crisps.
- Not being able to see my feet!
- Having to lift up my belly in the bath/shower to wash properly.
- Fear of not fitting in the seats at the cinema properly... it's a snug fit at the moment.
- None of the wolf whistles I used to get when I was 8.5 stone!
- Wearing long sleeves all summer to hide my bingo wings!
- Wearing long skirts to hide my thighs and knees.

I could go on. This is really giving me more motivation to keep going! First weigh in tomorrow - been on LT for 5 days! I've weighed myself on the scales at home, and I've already lost 4kg/8lbs!

The same as all the above plus.....
  • Thinking that my OH is embarrassed to be with me, when all he's friends wives are curvy and fashionable.
  • Worrying that i am making my young girls worry about their weight.
  • When people say "but your beautiful" when they mean 'FAT'.
  • Also "Your not fat your cuddly"
etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc

Reason it's crap to be fat!!!

Agree with all of the above.
1. Making excuses not to go to family functions, as my husbands sisters, sisters in law and brothers are all slim, and I am like an elephant in the room.
2. I have not had a photo of my children and I taken together in years, as my kids are so gorgeous I would ruin the photo!!
3. Feeling guilty for not taking my children to the swimming pool, as I could not bear to get into a swim suit, and because of this many of my children cannot swim, the guilt!
4. Buying clothes for myself is a chore rathar than an enjoyable experience, as clothes are functional to cover the body.
5. Only looking in the mirror to brush my teeth, mirrors and shop window reflection are worse enemies.
6. Feeling uncomfortable in the school yards as there is so many "yummy mummys".
7. Boobs so big they are like melons, and bras so big they could hold a bowl of fruit including water melons.
8. Pulling up your knickers and they rip at the sides.
9. Self esteem being significantly affected and living on anti-depressant medication to get through the day.

Granny style knickers in 'sweaty arse inducing reinforced nylon/lycra/scaffolding' to hold it in and up.....and they still don't work!

Oh, and they also tuck into your bra!:D

Granny style knickers in 'sweaty arse inducing reinforced nylon/lycra/scaffolding' to hold it in and up.....and they still don't work!

Oh, and they also tuck into your bra!:D

That's super sexy ;):D

hey welcome xox

-only just joined, hope you dont mind me joining in-

bumping into people you havent seen in a while
constantly being on some sort of diet
having lovely skinny clothes in the wardrobe which used to fit.
Not being one of those cute yummy mummy
Hate having pictures taken of me.
Seeing pictures of a former skinny me.
Having to see ex boyfriend (vists to see our daughter) knowing he has a gorgeous girlfriend waiting for him.

hey - good to see u have joined us! :) Have u started LT? You are on way to becoming a yummy mummy soon then! ;)
xoxoxox

Oh my goodness, you do make me giggle :)

I don't know if I can think of anything to add. This exhaustive list touches many of my sore points! I'll add two:
1. Kids pointing and saying 'Mummy, Mummy, look at that fat man!' It's so rare that the parents ever chastice their child on such occasions.
2. Knowing that when I go for a job interview I start with one hand tied behind my back due to my size! I'm sure I have a great CV and have been invited for several interviews over the years where I felt I was the best candidate only to be snubbed for some skinny bugger who is less well qualified or experienced than me!

i hate being fat

I hate being fat cos it is the first thing that comes into my head everytime I should be happy about something....

I was recently invited to a black tie do which meant i would have to wear a cocktail dress. I refused the offer purely on the basis of my fatness. :(

A man I really like, was showing interest in me a couple of months ago and I completley backed off because I feel so bad about how I look. I havent a boyfriend for over 2 years as I cant bring myself to feel happy with how I look.

I am growing a small business and I dont want to meet clients or get my photo taken, or go to events, because all my nice suits dont fit me and I feel awful.

I AM SO GLAD THESE REASONS ARE ALL GOING TO BE IN THE PAST.... FROM NOW ON I AM GOING TO TAKE EVERY OPPORTUNITY THAT LIFE GIVES ME BY BOTH HANDS AND IM NOT HIDING AWAY OR FEELING BAD ABOUT MYSELF EVER EVER EVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AMEN! LOL XOX

:party0023:

The evilness that was a fashion must last year......SMOCKS!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Only succeeded in making a nation of 'big lasses' resemble the Carry On legend that was HATTIE JACQUES!!:D:D:D;););)

Back