Reasons not to cheat

thembie

I thought I would start a topic where everyone can put their reasons why cheating ain't cool. I am hoping that in a time of crisis , when the food devil is on our shoulders and we are tempted, we can always come to this topic and it will stop us in our tracks. I will lead the way:

1) The guilt you feel after cheating is so not worth it.
2) You don't enjoy the food as you know you are committing a crime, so why bother.
3) By cheating you are only delaying yourself in reaching your goal weight.
4) Whatever food you eat when cheating will still be there 10 years from now so it can wait.
5) You are only giving the VLCD critics a platform to say how bad and unsustainable this diet is ? Do u really want to do that?

Please add more reasons why CHEATING is bad?

Much love

Last edited:
The best bit about wanting the food is looking forward to eating it, once you have eaten it then you have nothing else to look forward to - except a lower weight loss!

ur only cheating urself

If you cheat, you will feel good for a matter of seconds, then comes the guilt! If you dont cheat, you will feel good for a longgg time, when you have your WI and also at how good you are at resisting temptation!

1. if you cheat and give up you may aswel have thrown your £36-00 down the drain.
2; it is not that you are hungre it is habbit you have ate all ya life.
3; why let the people who slate lt win.
4; you will just feel crap after you have done it
5;it will take you longer to reach your goal weight
6;knock you out of kentonic state
7;eat the food and i bet you dont enjoy it as much as you thought you would!

good thread hun xx

the food generally doesn't taste as good as it smells, and never will. Bread doesn't taste as nice as the smell of baking, that smell comes from a combination of baking several different items, same for fried food, take aways and cakes. Its The smell that tempts you, the taste just leaves you disappointed, fat and with the same craving un-satisfied. Have a sniff instead!

Great thread!

If you cheat, you lose your will to continue. It's harder and harder to get back into it. Think of the time you were following it successfully and being so good. Then think of the short time it took you to cheat. Then think of the pain and willpower you will need to get back on track.

Because it's bloody pointless and a pure waste of $$$

Because we want to be slim and healthy for life,more than we want to taste something for a few lousy seconds.
Because we all want to do this for ourselves and all our mates here on Minimins (group power)

cos you dont want to hear your pharmacist say..."did you cheat...??":mad: aarrggh!!

Okay,simple for me,I dont want to feel everything wobble when I walk,dont want to have an ass which does its own thing,neither do I want to look in the mirror and see several michelin tyres staring back.I dont want a moon face or that much fat on my back that I look like esmerelda!
I just want to be slim and be proud of how I look and not feel self conscious when I eat food in front of other people because I'm a fat bird.Plus,£44 per wk is alot to waste x

I'm loving this thread:

I don't want to be limited as to where I shop. I want to be able to go into any shop and pick what I want not what is available in the plus range.

all of the above, what can i say.....well said everybody !!

although i am on refeed there is still a feeling of not wanting to cheat especially in the first week as it will stuff everything up ! saying that guys i really DO NOT feel tempted whatsoever, being on lipotrim for 5 and a half months has completely changed my outlook on food, i can't believe it, i know i am only on day four but i haven't felt hungry one bit, i feel completely satisfied by my small,healthy meals and dont want to snack and i could never imagine eating the rubbish that got me fat in the first place ever again !

the way i see it is that my body has detoxed for all of that time only taking nourishment that it needs from my shakes and water so why go pumping rubbish back into it now?

i plan on sticking to healthy food,it is so tasty,you can make things taste so different just by adding a few spices etc and you never run out of variety but always have the peace of mind that you're not going to pile weight on from eating it.

that is the reason that i would tell you all not to cheat because if you are all successful on the diet like i have been it really does completely change your tastebuds etc and because you have been so long without the junk that got you into trouble in the first place you dont crave that food once you start to eat again, it is such a good feeling....so keep it up everybody,it really is life changing in more ways than one. here i am 8 stone 4lbs lighter and eating healthy food that i never ever thought i would enjoy ever again and it actually fills me up ! hehehehe anyway enough said from me i am rambling.

KEEP IT UP !! XxXxXxXxX BUT THE WEIGHT DOWN ;-)

Just think how good you will feel when someone says, "WOW, LOOK AT YOU" i ant wait for that. hehe

all of the above, what can i say.....well said everybody !!

although i am on refeed there is still a feeling of not wanting to cheat especially in the first week as it will stuff everything up ! saying that guys i really DO NOT feel tempted whatsoever, being on lipotrim for 5 and a half months has completely changed my outlook on food, i can't believe it, i know i am only on day four but i haven't felt hungry one bit, i feel completely satisfied by my small,healthy meals and dont want to snack and i could never imagine eating the rubbish that got me fat in the first place ever again !

the way i see it is that my body has detoxed for all of that time only taking nourishment that it needs from my shakes and water so why go pumping rubbish back into it now?

i plan on sticking to healthy food,it is so tasty,you can make things taste so different just by adding a few spices etc and you never run out of variety but always have the peace of mind that you're not going to pile weight on from eating it.

that is the reason that i would tell you all not to cheat because if you are all successful on the diet like i have been it really does completely change your tastebuds etc and because you have been so long without the junk that got you into trouble in the first place you dont crave that food once you start to eat again, it is such a good feeling....so keep it up everybody,it really is life changing in more ways than one. here i am 8 stone 4lbs lighter and eating healthy food that i never ever thought i would enjoy ever again and it actually fills me up ! hehehehe anyway enough said from me i am rambling.

KEEP IT UP !! XxXxXxXxX BUT THE WEIGHT DOWN ;-)

Thanks for sharing your story with us. I can't believe that 5 and a half months is all it's taken to change your life. All the more reason for me not to cheat.

Because I will be ashamed to tell the people who know I'm doing LT I failed.
Complete waste of money.
Letting yourself down and you will be stuck in the vicious circle longer than anticipated

Back