Reasons to enjoy doing the Cambridge Diet!

Great thread... even those of us not on CD can relate to most of it :)

The good feeling when you look in the mirror and see the butterfly coming out.....

Being able to wear a bikini on the beach on holidays!

:cry: GREAT THREAD, got tears in my eyes to hear all your points.

1) looking in the mirror and thinking "I can't believe it, I look so much better, where has my AR$e GONE TO??":D

2) Not feeling like a failure and a weakling for not being able to lose as much weight as this in the past on regular diets.

3) Feeling in control of what you eat (or not) for the first time.

4) Walking about my City Centre yesterday feeling normal (although I'm not at goal I look more normal than I did 9 weeks ago).

5) Going into a changing room in a REGULAR CLOTHES SHOP and not thinking that the assistant will be thinking "what's she doing with them, they won't go anywhere near her, who's she kidding?"

X SJ XX (THANKS FOR ANOTHER GREAT THREAD MIKE)

Knowing that you can actually control your eating and that food DOES NOT govern your life

Appreciate other things in life. I.e go to a nice place an appreciate it for what it is and not just for which fast food place is near by.

Your willy grows :D - It does seriously :D

1. Catching sight of me in a shop window - WOW, I'm hot!!!! :D

2. Finding that a man I've just smiled at has paid for my coffee!

3. Having left home without a warm top and not breaking into a cold sweat when a friend offers to lend you hers - it fits!!!!

4. All of my husbands shirts and t-shirts are miles too big. Before I used to wear them because I needed to now I wear them just to look cute!

4. Cheek bones, hip bones and sculpted shoulders to die for.

4. Finding I have a waist.

5. Shopping in elite boutiques and not having to stick to the 'big girl shops.

6. Standing next to a slim person and noticing that actually they are bigger than I am!!!!!!!!! (that one is a real buzz).

7. Me in photos - I look good from any angle!!

8. Me in a recent photo standing next to my size 8 friend - she no longer makes me look like Bessie Bunter!

I could go on ...........................!!!!!

Being able to walk up stairs without being out of breath

Knowing that people aren't pointing and staring at you

Being able to wear Levi 501's with your size on the outside label without being embarassed

Being able to get undressed in the gym without being in a cubicle hiding!

Being able to sit on the floor with your legs out in fron of you

Being able to sit in achair with your legs together

** No longer being the 'biggest girl' in the Spinning class - finding that you are in fact often the slimmest girl there - bliss!!

** Looking younger

** nice undies

** all the arm chairs are "bigger"!!

** Having to tighten that life jacket because you are smaller than the last time you wore it.

** Being able to eat a cake in public without worrying that people will be looking and thinking "bet she eats a lot of those in a day"!!

** Not flinching when someone goes to hug you because you know that when they do they wont be feeling flab.

** Being stuck for choice while out shopping.

Being able to run around and play football with my little boy

Being told "you've lost alot of weight - you look great!"

Being able to fit into all of my old clothes

Feeling my confidence returning after being hidden for so long

Feeling in control around food for the first time in ages

I love this thread:)

Actually look forward to going out (not making excuses not to go):)
Getting dressed - takes less time:)

Mike, I am looking forward to buy a pair of Levi's with my size showing (in two months time):)

Not make excuses to daughter about not going to the beach:)

Feeling great and "meeting" all you wonderful people in the same boat.

I'm looking forward to wearing size 12, buying clothes and actually trying them on in the shop - I stopped doing that - just pulled big stuff off the rack.

To be able to paint my toenails without passing out from lack of air due to my big belly preventing me from breathing when bent over!

Plus everything everone else has said.

To be able to paint my toenails without passing out from lack of air due to my big belly preventing me from breathing when bent over!

Yep. The first morning I put my jeans on, zipped, buttoned and then tied the laces on my plimsolls without going purple, I had to stop and think.

I knew something had changed, but I wasn't quite sure what.

Leaving the light on!!! Cos I'm no longer embarassed for my husband to see me naked

You get to stand back from food and reevaluate your relationship with it and that you can be happy without having to eat to supress your bad feelings.

Back