Reasons!

princessria

is a pirate arrrgggghhhh
okey dokey everybody has a point were they sit down and think right enough is enough before they join slimming world, mine was a break up photo and seeing i was getting fat knees i got sooo upset i was nearly sick as i hadn't realised just how much weight i had put on i went straight out and found slimming world, i was just curious as to what point everyone else thought flippin eck best do something bout all this.

There were 2 reasons for me:
One was taking my little girl to Nursery and realising that I was the only fat Mummy. I dont want my Daughter to be picked on becasue of me.
The second one, was getting chest pains if I did anything that needed a little more effort.

Mine was when the consultant said that my weight was aggrevating my arthritis and that if I didn't lose weight I would be in a wheel chair by the time I am 25. Was also told that they won't give me medical treatment for infertility (I am 21, not actively trying for a baby but have had one ovary and fallopian tube removed when I was 17, then one miscarriage and then my whole system shut down and never have periods, produce eggs or ovulate) till I lose weight.

On a lighter note I was promised a holiday abroad for the first time in 10 years if I can lose 3 stone by end of Feb.

I always knew I had to lose weight but had tried so many times before but as I am a fussy eater most 'diets' contained all the foods I hated. It came to a head one day when my work trousers weren't dry in time for me to wear them and I literally had nothing else in the house that I could wear instead. I remember laying on the bed crying my eyes out cus I was so disgusted with myself that I was so fat that nothing fitted me. I had to phone in sick that day then I decided it was time to do something but I didn't know what. Then my friend joined SW and she lost a stone really quickly and she has less will power than me! So I thought if she can do it, I can do it! So I did!

Joining SW was the best thing I ever did and it has improved my life greatly

I know how you feel i remember looking in the mirror and thinking god when did i start looking like that lol and the realisation that my baggy pants were no longer baggy, and everytime i went out i didn't feel nice because no matter how much make up i wore it didn't hide the fact i was wearing baggy tops and long skirt. slimming world is the best thing i ever did too and i won't be ever putting this weight back on.

Well ever since i had my first child 7 years ago i have been big (the odd weightloss with pills etc but more went back on). However i didn't actually see myself as fat as i was, in my head i always looked normal if that made sense, i avoided mirrors and never had my photos taken.

I started getting really sore feet and ankles all the time and if i got up off the couch or out of bed i was in agony. That is when it sunk it it must be my weight. I also knew i didn't want to be the only fat mum at school and don't want my children to be embarrassed. But the most upsetting thing of all is, i don't have any photos of me with my daughter. She is going to be 1 on sunday and without even thinking about it i have taken loads of photos of her first year as her herself or her and my oh and her and my son. There is none of me and her (well only 1 in hospital). I will never get that time back. My sis in law keeps asking for photos of us all, and i keep puting it off, she lives in oz and i don't want to let her see how much weight i have gained.

Thanks for this post, it has made me type this and made me realise i need to get back on track today 100%

I am fed up with being fat lol. No excuses but my thyroid levels have been up and down for the past 6 years and I could only lose so much weight. I lost 2 stone for my wedding (I got down to 14 stone 4) and I couldn't lose any more :( My thyroid levels are now level (at last lol) but my reasons for really needing to lose weight is because I am starting university in April to do children's nursing and I need to be healthy to be able to do my job properly. (I will need all the energy I can get lol). Just awaiting my medical. Also it is my step daughters wedding in May so I want to be able to buy something nice to wear for that. xx

I got sick of being fat. Only being able to shop in one or two places. I'm 18 but I avoid going out at all costs. I never want to go clubbing or to the pub, I just feel so self concious. I comfort ate for a good 7years, with horrible things that happened in my family life and I learned that being fat is making me sad, so i'm eating more and its a vicious circle. Also, I have a gorgeous guy who i'm so bloody lucky to have, he could do miles better than me and i want to make him proud. He says he isn't bothered what i look like etc, he loves me for me and thinks i am gorgeous, but I dont want to be thinking in my head 'i wonder if hes embarrassed of introducing me to people'. lastly, my lovely uncle died just after christmas, he was only in his 40s. It just made me realise that i am wasting my life being unhappy, and life is too short to just waste it.
:)
xxxxxxxxx

I've had several photo moments when I can't believe I'm really the size I am. Last November was my Gran's 80th birthday celebration and the whole (skinny) family were going to be there. I hadn't seen most of them for years but instead of looking forward to it I remember in the morning sitting on my bed crying because I desperately didn't want to go. I was convinced everyone would be whispering "hasn't she put on weight" etc.

But my breaking point was slightly more positive as, like ikkle87, I have fertility problems and know that I won't get help until I help myself. I've been told by the doctor that I am running out of time if I wish to conceive, and that was the goal I needed to make a positive effort to lose weight.

it's so nice to know your not the only one that makes your self miserable thinking bout it, life is far too short isn't it, i feel like i wasted alot of my early twnties not looking as good as i could and you never get that time back so it makes me more determined. i think it's good to remind yourself why your doing this in the first place ladies and were all doing so well XXXXX

I think mine was the thought of another horrible sweaty uncomfortable summer hating myself for being so bloody greedy.

And also my graduation photos- I look like a mountain in my gown and I've got about 7 chins :(

after having my 3 kids i was a size 22 i lost my weight with ww and got down to a size 10. i found it so hard to maintain it and in the end i have put half of the weight back on,i want to lose weight cos i want to look nice in clothes again and not just put something on cos it fits me.
i am aiming to have lost a majority by xmas and am going to buy a lovely new outfit or get hubby to buy me one!!:D

The thought of another summer hiding my lumps and bumps in clothes that make me too hot is a big enough reason. But got weddings coming up and being a bridesmaid- don't want to ruin my friend's wedding pics! Also just want to go out and let off steam on a Saturday night by dancing the night away in gorgeous clothes, instead of sitting in eating a takeaway because I don't feel nice enough to go out and worry my 'nice' clothes won't fit. The thought of shopping for clothes (other than slouchy clothes and pjs!) makes me feel sick- I can't wait to go out and start buying my new wardrobe! xx

When I had to buy size 16 clothes - that was my turning point. I didnt want to buy size 16 jeans so I joined SW! Also loads of shops I love to shop in like H&M, Zara, Oasis, Warehouse were not worth going in anymore because they don't do bigger sizes (apart from H&M which sometimes has big sizes). I gradually put on about 3 stone in the last 4 years which is terrible and it's since I got an office job with a canteen in the building! I'm in a new(ish) job now with NO canteen and therfore no temptation unless I go outside to find it, which I never do because I'm not in walking distance of shops.

For me it was two things. First, the realisation that I absolutely loathed every single photograph we have of me, including all my wedding photographs. When I look at my wedding photos I see a gold barrage balloon with a tiara on the top, basically.

Second, I have a list of medical ailments as long as your arm including one very serious one, and almost everything will be helped by me losing weight. I feel as though it's a very key component in taking care of myself and starting again as it were - having a body the right shape and size gives me the best possible chance of a full recovery.

i hav put on 2 and a half since i had my daughter 2 years ago, it wasnt bein pregnant as i didnt put any weight on, it was after sittin about the house just eatin crap bein Bored!! i'v had enough now we got engaged in October and we'r planning a holiday this year so i want to be thinner for it and THIN for our wedding!! i also dont want my daughter to be teased about havin a fat mummy :( xx

mines was not fitting into my size 16 jeans - thinking there is no way im going to buy up a size, enough was enough. also hated having to raked for sizes in shops and seen as the 'bigger' girls, people can be cruel and id had enough

I decided to go to slimming world after losing 2 stone by myself, I was living in fear of putting it back on again, I then lost another 1.5 stone.

Back