Rebounding: Body Magic for everyone

I got the mirafit 40" now, already day used it today haha, can't wait to properly get into it and use it

Cavegirl I use trainers as if I'm working out for 30 mins plus I find I need more support for my feet than going barefoot

I have a question - what's the noise like with this? I live on an upper level with a wooden floor with people below me, is there much noise in terms of thudding and squeaks? (I realise this sounds like it would get the wrong impression... but obviously don't want to annoy anyone!)

Mine squeaks too, I'm not sure there would be any thudding but the squeaking might carry through the floor

I can't find one of these that will work for somebody larger, they all have weight limits darnit! However, I used to have one last time I lost a lot of weight, and rather than do a structured workout I kept it in the corner of the kitchen and just used it while waiting for the microwave, kettle etc to finish. Every little helps!!!

Swansong: Urban Rebounder do one that takes up to 280lbs, and I believe they have distributors in Oz, take a look here: HUGE APRIL SAVING! EXTENDED OFFER UNTIL END OF APRIL 2015! Top Seller Home Urban Rebounder Mini Trampoline As used by Madonna - Over 2 million sold word wide! | rebound-uk.com

Storm: this one is roped instead of sprung, so no squeaking. It gives a softer bounce but has excellent reviews: JumpSport Fitness Trampoline Model 220 best buy at - Sport-Tiedje

Both are pricey however!

I tried to lift my knees higher while I was jogging on my rebounder last night to increase the intensity of my workout. I do about 5 minutes of my routine with ankle weights on as well. It definitely did something because omg my thigh muscles are definitely complaining this morning!

I can't find one of these that will work for somebody larger, they all have weight limits darnit! However, I used to have one last time I lost a lot of weight, and rather than do a structured workout I kept it in the corner of the kitchen and just used it while waiting for the microwave, kettle etc to finish. Every little helps!!!
Hi I have the Argos one that I got yesterday an weigh more than you I have just used it an omg I didn't fall through the floor an it took my weight but think I must of died at least 3x while doing one of the videos but it held my weight

Well done sexyshell! :)

Thanks for that Clair, will look for one over here but not sure where I'd put it as space is somewhat limited currently. I'll definitely bookmark that link though, who knows, I may even be able to get back to civilisation soon and that will be on my shopping list then for sure!

Right... I have my rebounder/trampette... I have my Sex and The City full boxsets, I intend to bounce through one episode each evening. :D I'll let you know how my bum and thighs feel about it tomorrow. xx

Thanks for that Clair, will look for one over here but not sure where I'd put it as space is somewhat limited currently. I'll definitely bookmark that link though, who knows, I may even be able to get back to civilisation soon and that will be on my shopping list then for sure!

One of the good things about the Urban Rebounder is that it folds for storage, so it doesn't take up a lot of room, unlike mine which doesn't fold or collapse at all, legs sticking out everywhere lol

Hoping you all have a great bounce-day on your rebounders!! :)

Hoping you all have a great bounce-day on your rebounders!! :)
I am in agony my thighs hurt an my stomach well I think I used muscles that have not been found in many years lol only managed 15mins this morning but I love it had never heard of it till I read your thread thanks for the new fitness craze

that's brilliant sexyshell :) When I started I could only manage 7 minutes lol

My thighs were killing yesterday after stepping up my workout a notch on Monday night. And yes it does also give your abs and stomach muscles a good workout as you bring your knees up :D

If you're still hurting tomorrow then keep your workout gentle, muscles that haven't been used in a while need to acclimatise slowly :)

My son gave me a cuddle this morning and said "I can get my arms all the way round you now mummy!" SUCH an amazing feeling :D :D

That's why I joined s/w many years ago because kids used to taunt my son at school saying you have a fat mum it's a shame an there is to much stigma in the world just wish I had kept my 5stine of but I'm a classic case of life an more kids got in the way now I'm back where I started not as heavy but not far of

well done one flashharry I bet your boy is proud of you x

I've just ordered myself one, found this thread really helpful,,, i had one years ago , never really knew what to do with it , never realised you could get dvds,, so i sold it on a carboot ,,, just ordered a body sculpture one, and a basic dvd ,, can't wait for it to arrive xxxxx

I had one of these years ago and got rid of it because, at the time, there were no decent workouts to follow!

Might need to invest in a new one!!! Perfect for when the baby is in bed ?

That's great Julie :)

Hayley I do mine once my son is in bed :)

Well two days of rebounding had my weigh in to day an 2 n half pound of I got my half a stone award an I'm gonna bounce all the way to my stone one lol

Back