Rebounding/Mini Trampoline -- Does Anybody Do This?

missfortissimo

addicted to minimins
Hi all,

I have been using a stationary Schwinn bike with pump handles for most of my exercise because I struggle with joint and foot problems. The bike is in my basement, and I can't much afford a gym membership, otherwise I would and I would swim! (I used to be a varisty swimmer in HS, I miss it!)

I have become interested in purchasing a mini trampoline to exercise on. There are some really expensive ones, but I have heard that the $30-$40 mini tramps that can be found at WalMart and such do fine for many people.

I am here to ask:

1. Does anybody do rebounding/mini trampoline exercises?
2. What do you jump on (brand name, etc) and how has that held up for you?
3. Has this exercise been effective for your weight loss and fitness?

I grew up jumping on our family's big trampoline until I actually broke it after we'd had it for a number of years... I would love to have this as an alternate option to using the bike, which gets boring sometimes.

:gimi:

Thanks for your input!!

Hi all,

I have been using a stationary Schwinn bike with pump handles for most of my exercise because I struggle with joint and foot problems. The bike is in my basement, and I can't much afford a gym membership, otherwise I would and I would swim! (I used to be a varisty swimmer in HS, I miss it!)

I have become interested in purchasing a mini trampoline to exercise on. There are some really expensive ones, but I have heard that the $30-$40 mini tramps that can be found at WalMart and such do fine for many people.

I am here to ask:

1. Does anybody do rebounding/mini trampoline exercises?
2. What do you jump on (brand name, etc) and how has that held up for you?
3. Has this exercise been effective for your weight loss and fitness?

I grew up jumping on our family's big trampoline until I actually broke it after we'd had it for a number of years... I would love to have this as an alternate option to using the bike, which gets boring sometimes.

:gimi:

Thanks for your input!!

I do :D I've got a V-Fit "tramp jogger", which I bought at the start of last year. I think it was about £20. I used it for several months at the start of last year, then put it away for a while but have begun using it again. I really enjoy it and I think it did help with my weight loss and definitely helped to improve my fitness. No idea what it's like if you've got foot/ankle issues, but if you're fine on a normal trampoline and that doesn't make it worse then maybe you're ok.

Rigby,

Thanks so much for your informative response. Yesterday I went to the store to pick up a binder for an assignment and I picked up a mini trampoline with resistance bands for about $34. My hubby helped me assemble it last night and in about fifteen minutes I'll hop on it. ;)

I enjoy using mine. I normally put my favourite music on and jump about!!

Shaz, that is what I did today. :D I just need to make sure I'm wearing an excellent bra! ;)

And an empty bladder :rolleyes: Seriously tho we used to use these trampettes for rehab in ankle injuries.

I think it's quite fun as indoor exercise goes. Bit of music on and I find it more enjoyable than using an exercise bike, I suppose because it can be a bit more varied.

Back