Recipes for foodpack, Muffin,crisps,fudge cake!

Finally cracked making the crisps so sat enjoying Oriental chilli crisps for pm snack. Got some baking parchment, and need to put in my 800 w microwave for 1 mins 40 secs :cool:

Mike these recipes saved me during week 9 when I was starting to get fed up...the crisps are the dogs. I love them. I also have a choc muffin most days...fantastic.

This morning I added a butterscotch shake to 200mls of water and about 11 cubes of ice. Result thick 'McDonalds' shake, I was in my element and because I slowed to enjoy, I missed my 7.35am bus, but it was worth it. :p

I just made myself black forest trifle, mmmm I love trifle. A lot of messing about, what with making muffin for the cake, FOF jelly and chocolate custard, but it was worth it. Still got one in the fridge - I wonder how long it will stay there.

How did it go?

Tried making the banana chips, but added to much water and they turned into scrummy little "sugar" cookies. Kinda crunchy on the edges but soft in the center. I am going to try to make "banana bread" with 1/2 a pack and 1/4 of a chockie bar chopped up into it for choco chips tomorrow.

This sounded yum .. how did youget on?
x

I make muffins most mornings with my cuppa! I mix
butterscotch + banana = "banoffee" choc+strawberry+banana = "neopolitan"
choc+cappuccino = mocha
choc+strawberry = chocberry
banana+choc = chocbanana

I mix the powder shake mix with a drizzle of cold water (in an expresso cup) until really thick, gooey, with a few dots of powder still showing, shove in microwave for 55secs, then leave to "cool down" for a min! Yummy! I find if mixed until smooth paste, they don't rise as well, and end up like flat pancakes! I've never tried using the sweeteners, but then the flavours I mix are usually sweet enough!;)
Also, if you make a Choc Velvet or Banana Bliss mousse, they last ages in the fridge - well, eat within 12 hours or so, but at least you don't have to consume a.s.a.p, which can lead to waste when you get a full-up tum! I guess it's because of the long-life milk base to the cartons. We need more tetra flavours - NOW!!!! :(

Lainey xxx

Hey guys I've just noticed this thread and thought I'd post an excerpt from a post I made a while ago over on the DH boards, none of these recipes are my creation, and have been plagiarized from various people LOL but I hope they come in handy for you guys!

RECIPES:

Muffin
Put a little boiling water into a ramekin dish or whatever you have - thick mug or similar (about 2 dessert spoons to begin with - you can add more later if necessary).
Add the choc pack (or whatever flavour you desire) and mix it to a thick paste so thick you think it’s too thick.
Put into the microwave on high for just over a minute-if it looks soggy in the middle put it back for about 10 secs or so.. BE CAREFUL IT DOESN'T BURN

ICE CREAM
Put 11 ice cubes in a liquidiser (a strong one) and crush the ice. Add a food pack (chocolate is a good one) - add a small amount of water (about 2tbsp) and liquidise for 5 mins. You end up with a big bowl of "ice cream". (The texture resembles more of frozen yoghurt, but it is still very nice)

Alternatively if you have tetra packs (pre made shakes) these are delicious frozen overnight and then allowed to thaw for 30mins – 1 hour) they taste exactly like a block of ice-cream!

JELLY
1/2 litre water
1 & 1/2 scoops of mix a mousse
few drops of food colouring (optional)
1 teaspoon of water favouring
Blend then put in ramekins or bowl. Chill for 2-4 hours until set.

MOUSSE
Put 150mls of water into a Pyrex Jug and put into the freezer compartment for 15 to 20 minutes. Take out the water as soon as crystals start to form on the surface.
pour the shake pack onto the surface of the water.
Without stirring pour the scoop of Mix-A-Mousse onto the top of the shake pack.
Put a high quality hand blender (500 watts or more recommended) into the mixture and blend for 60 seconds
Pull out the blender and scrape the remaining powder and mixture back into the mixture with a spoon and blend for a further 15 seconds
Return the pyrex jug to the freezer compartment for 10 minutes (you can leave for longer if you want a more ice cream texture).

SMOOTHIE
Place 10-16 ice cubes (depending on your preference), a pint of water and your food pack in a smoothie maker and blend for approx 3 mins. Makes about 2 pints of delicious,cold,frothy drink in whatever flavour you like.

BAR OF CHOCOLATE
You can make chocolate out of a chocolate pack-or choc mint. Mix pack with a bit of water until you have a thick paste, then spread on some tin foil and put in the freezer for an hour or more.
Variation: use half chocolate and half vanilla for a mars bar.

CHRISTMASSY
HOT NOGGINS
hot vanilla shake with a sprinkle of cinammon OR nutmeg

split a vanilla pack in half, add 2 tsps of coffee and 1 sweetner and a sprinkle of either cinnamon of mixed spice. Add just over half pint of hot water whizz up and and then add cold to top up. Sit backand thnk you are in starbucks and then have another one!!

READY BREK!
Hot toffee walnut shake (or vanilla shake) with a sprinkle of cinnamon and a tea spoon of psyllium husks (NOT
TOO MANY PSYLLIUM HUSKS OR IT GOES LIKE WALLPAPER PASTE)!

BLACK FOREST GATEAU
10 ice cubes, chocolate pack, 8oz water and 1.5tsp of summer fruit (in the smoothie maker).

CHEESECAKE SMOOTHIE
Vanilla pack, 10 ice cubes, 8oz water, tsp sunshine orange flavouring all in smoothie maker.

CHEESECAKE MOUSSE
Vanilla pack, 1 tsp sunshine orange and mix-a-mousse in 2 ramekin dishes, set in fridge.

CHOCOLATE BISCUIT
Put sparkling water into a chocolate pack and then add a pinch of salt. Put this on a small plate on a piece of greaseproof paper, round it into a biscuit shape and bake it in the microwave for about 2.5 minutes. The result is a crunchy chocolaty biscuit with a "dunking" texture.

BLACK FOREST COOKIE
Add 1 choc pack to sparkling water(3 tbs give and take) add fruits of the forest flavour(half a teaspoon) put in the microwave for one minute(let it settle) and

you have the fluffiest cookie ever.

CHOCOLATE FUDGE
1 chocolate pack, 1/4 cup of hot water,2 or more crushed sweeteners, 1tsp of coffee(if you like), mix well it should look like a thick chocolate soup. Microwave it for 2 mins. It comes out as a thick gooey mess which tastes like fudge.

LOLLIES
Try one of the sweet milkshake packs mixed with 200-300mls sparkling water and pour into lollipop moulds and freeze overnight. Bear in mind that to eat the whole food pack you will have to eat all the lollies. (The fruit flavoured ones are best i.e. strawberry,fruits of the forest, banana etc)

CAFFE LATTE
Mix a hot vanilla shake add a teaspoon of coffee and some sweeteners if required.

(This can also be adapted to allow for people who do not like drinking black coffee, but need a daily caffeine fix, just add a teaspoon of vanilla pack to your coffee to whiten it).

CHOCOLATE PUDDING
AND CHOCOLATE SAUCE
Microwave most of the choc pack like a muffin but keep some aside and mix into a thick paste whilst the muffin is cooking. Take muffin out and smear with thick choc goo and eat. This can be done with vanilla 'icing' too.

CHOCOLATE CUSTARD
Dissolve a sweetener in approx 70mls hot water. Add a chocolate pack. Microwave for approx 40 secs. Makes lovely hot choc custard, a whole pack can be sickly so use half the quantities and have it on top of a choc muffin.

HOT CHOCO MINT
Make up some strong peppermint tea. Mix a choc pack with hot water and a couple of sweeteners (depending on your taste) add the tea. Microwave for approx 20 secs and stir(better if you whisk with an aero latte)

CHICKEN STUFFING
Mix as you would do for a muffin but use a chicken and mushroom pack instead. Cook in microwave for 1min 40 secs approx depending on how dry you like it.

POPPADOMS
Mix a soup pack into a smooth paste, spread on a plate or greaseproof paper and microwave for 1.5 mins. When it starts to bubble open up the micro and let is settle for a sec. Keep opening and letting it settle until(the poppadom) starts to turn golden(don't take your eyes off it) when it is golden brown take it out and let it cool then peel it off and enjoy.
Be careful of overcooking as this will make it taste bitter.

CRISPS
Recipe as for poppadom above but make them into smaller bite size pieces, (and be careful when using the veg flavour as the larger carrotty bits can burn). You can add pepper or tabasco sauce to liven up the packs.

ICE LOLLIES
Make up the water flavouring (any flavour) a bit stronger than you'd normally make-again in its all to your tasting - put into ice lolly moulds and freeze.

LEMON SORBET
Ice cubes in the smoothie maker with some water to make it slushy, add water flavouring to your tasting and hey presto you have a sorbet/slush puppy.

BISCUITS
Cut up a bar into 8-10 pieces. Arrange on a microwave plate, usually only put 3 in at a time to give them the space they need to expand. Microwave approx 1.5 mins or until you can see that they have stopped bubbling. Be careful as they may start burning from the inside out. Use a knife under the biscuits to prize them off the plate and turn them onto their backs (onto a cold plate) and leave until cooled and hardened.

-------------------------

CHOCOLATE BISCUIT
Put sparkling water into a chocolate pack and then add a pinch of salt. Put this on a small plate on a piece of greaseproof paper, round it into a biscuit shape and bake it in the microwave for about 2.5 minutes. The result is a crunchy chocolaty biscuit with a "dunking" texture.

Those recipes are ace but are we allowed to add salt whilst on SS on CD?? I love the sound of this recipe and am dying to try it but don't want to risk kicking meself out of ketosis...

Hi hun, not sure if a pinch will matter once in a while but like I say I have taken the recipes from all over the place and haven't tried all of them myself, I suppose we could risk a pinch?

I don't think salt would knock you out of ketosis but may cause water retention,
*please dont hold me responsible if you suddenly get water retention though * LOL

Has anyone got any pics of these? I'm looking to see what the crisps will look like. I've tried twice and they turned out wrong :(

Hiya Sonkie,

Yes the receipes would be ok to use with the lipotrim packs - don't know what they're like as never tried lipotrim - try one and see and let us know what you think...

good luck - :D

Hi Sonkie,

I've tried only one recipie with Lipotrim. I used to hate the peanut and coconut bar but did not want to avoid it because that's only solid pack we can have.

So I used to put the bar into to boiling water with little of choclate powder and two sweetner tablets and leave it on the microwave for a min.I didn't like it to be very hard so I would have it little runny. I used to carry the this to work and eat it with the spoon. Because It used to taste really good.

Bumping for Wannabeslim! :D
i definately dont wanna rain on anybodys parade, but i tried to make the crisps with a chicken and mushroom soup, not only did it not resemble crisps at all, i found the salty mush totally inedible. therefore, i was a meal down that day. please be aware of this, if u dont like the new format then its a waste of a meal.
sorry to post a negative.
well done to those of of u who successfully make the recipes!

:(

Toffee Walnut Muffins

OMG! I have just had a toffee and walnut muffin fromthe recipe on here! Although it would not have been something I would buy out, but when you have not chewed for 4 days! HEAVEN :)

The only thing that worries me is now I have EATEN this, will it put me out of ketosis, or make me want to eat again?

Ive just baked a banana and chocolate muffin with a hot choc sauce!! :p

Back