Recipes for foodpack, Muffin,crisps,fudge cake!

Hi guys! I know i'm stupid but what does VLCD stand for on the ingrediants lists?? I reeeeally want to try the recipes out but not sure if i've got the right stuff! Thanks xxxxx

I suggest everyone try doing the crisps! Even though I burnt mine they were still really nice.

Just so everyone knows I used 50 - 65ml or water to make the puree (as you can't see the images anymore)

Question though - does microwaving the puree effectively destroy the nutrition in the packs (the calories will still be there though :()?

I will try the other snacks over the next few days, but just worried about the nutritional value being a lot less once thrown in the microwave and really need to be careful on SS! If someone who knows that kinda stuff could fill me in that would be great.

how much sparkling water do you add to make the cookie?

Yep these look really good!! I'll save them to try when I get bored...Thanks all!!

Is there any reason why I can't see any of the pictures of the recipies? I'd love to make them and its sooooo much easier with pictures! Sorry being a bloke! Dan x

Not really a recipe as such but I've just made the most delicious iced coffee by accident!

I initially went to make one and have it black, but it was a bit ming so I added half a pack of vanilla shake!

When I blitzed the ice and coffee together it went really creamy and frothy, so that was really nice. Now I've added the vanilla pack it's like a iced latte!

Going to try the crisps tonight, as I have lots of soups to use and they're quite gross and powdery just as soups :eek:

This site is a mine of brilliant info! So glad I stumbled upon it! :party0011:

Yes - I regularly add coffee to my vanilla "ice cream", and also to banana.

The best has to be the St Clements (orange/lemon drink) added to vanilla "ice cream"

thanks for the ideas,
i made a strawberry muffin,
wasent bad, think ill try choc next time.
:D
i froze choc tetras they were nice once id defrosted them a bit
xx

just tried the bar of choc...luks tiny but hopefully will be nice and filling!!
thanx for all d receipes handy ta hav summat else oda dan plain shakes an bars

Im not sure if this has already been posted but when on LL i used to make a kind of ice cream...

You do need an old food processer cos it kills the blades unless you have ice crushing ones

Put 8 ice cubes per food pack in the processor and blitz til they are small bits then add the pack and blitz again adding upto 2 tablespoons of water to get to the right consistency.....

Yeah you get some crunchy bigish lumps of ice but its really nice!

Im not sure if this has already been posted but when on LL i used to make a kind of ice cream...

You do need an old food processer cos it kills the blades unless you have ice crushing ones

Put 8 ice cubes per food pack in the processor and blitz til they are small bits then add the pack and blitz again adding upto 2 tablespoons of water to get to the right consistency.....

Yeah you get some crunchy bigish lumps of ice but its really nice!

10 ice cubes (large ones as you get from a bag of ice cubes) plus 200 ml of cold water and a pack - zap it up in a jug blender and you get no lumps of ice at all - just nice soft ice cream!

Just thought I would share a pic of my crisp success (comes on the back of muffin failure and lumpy mousse incident). Feeling very proud of my self and my god they were delicious!!!!! Oriental Chilli Crisps pictures...
crisps.jpg

Edited to add I had eaten a few by the time I decided to picture them!! :D

Last edited:
oh wow. what do you put them on to cook them in the microwave? could i get away with doing them on a plate?

abz xx

Possibly, but it's easier with baking parchment. Not sure how you'd get them off a plate! :p
With baking parchment you just peel them off :)

Can you eat the majority of these recipies if on SS? Really fancy making the chrisps!

Yep, all of them :)
Though obviously ones made with bars have to wait til week 3 :D

Cambridge says to only 'cook' one pack per day as it kills some nutrients.
Though obviously ones where it's just pack + ice + water don't count as 'cooking'.

Charges for recipes on Ebay!!

Thanks for these, they will come in handy! I often look at Ebay and notice people have actually put 'recipes for meal replacements' on the dieting category .... and people buy them!! :eek:

It's amazing to know if people did their homework a little they can find out all this information for free on the internet!

Back