Recipes that I love (updated often)

I'm going to try a few of these recipes this week usually I'm a lazy cook and just used ready made cooking sauces which are a no no. I've never tried butternut squash what does it taste like?

I'm going to try a few of these reciepes this week, I'm usually a very lazy cook and use the ready made cooking sauces but these are full of sugar so that's a no no now. I'm embarrassed to say I've never tasted butternut squash what does it taste like?

BNS is lovely instead of potato mashed with cauliflower on a cottage pie. It has a sweet taste hard to describe really. My OH loves it roasted with other veg such as courgette. Try it you just might like it - I like all veg so ..........

I made soup today for lunch bunged everything in a pan with water and then simmered until soft and liquidised it. It was delicious enough for 2
2 small Courgettes
handful of Mushrooms
2 sticks of Celery
1 Leek
Loads of black pepper
pinch of chilli powder
pinch of lo-salt

LadyM I thought i was in the general recipe section I would delete from your thread but dont know how to .......... sorry

Creamy garlic salmon

Just had this for dinner on a protein only day.
1 salmon fillet
1 dessertspoon extra light Philadelphia (tolerated item)
1 clove garlic, crushed
Handful chives, chopped
Salt and pepper

Put the Philadelphia, garlic and chives in a bowl and mix well. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Spread on top of salmon fillet and place on a length of tin foil. Fold the tin foil into a parcel and bake for 15-20 minutes @gas mark 4/5.
Enjoy :p

Hi Cara

Cara,
I'm so sorry... I have only just checked the thread and I'm way late to answer your question. Sorry lady :cry:
Yes, pepsi max would probably be fine although I haven't tried it with pepsi. I'm firmly in the diet coke camp lol :rolleyes:
The red wine vinegar gives the sauce that 'sour' flavour which off sets the sweetness. I would imagine normal malt vinegar or probably even balsamic would do the same job. In fact, I think the balsamic would probably be very nice!!
Really sorry again,
Let me know how you get on,
Mahayla xxx

Salsa Salmon

This was born out of the need to use stuff up from the fridge/garden. I used a shop bought salsa, probably not technically 'allowed' but I do have a salsa recipe if anyone wants to give this a go. The reason I used the shop stuff is that it was left over from Mexican night and was incredibly low in fat and cals and not too bad on carbs (I have an app that logs my food which told me lol).
Anyway... I waffle...
1-2 salmon fillets
7-8 circles of courgette
1 red onion, sliced in rings
7-8 cherry tomatoes
Dash water
Salt & pepper
1 tbsp salsa

Layer the veggies in an oven proof dish.
Place salmon on top, season, add dash water and bake covered for 20 minutes at gas mark 4. After this time remove the foil/lid, spoon over the salsa and bake for a further 5 minutes.
Serve with green beans.

Cruise recipe PV day.

Just checking...

Hello everyone,
It seems to have gone very quiet on the thread.
Are you all still here?
I hope I haven't put anyone off (or worse! Lol) with these recipes?!
Xxx

No Please LadyMahayla... you and the others are the ones that give me the inspiration in my very insipid cooking ;)

Thai green curry

Again... Using up leftovers as I HATE waste!! As a result, massive cheat with the Thai green curry paste which is shop bought. You can easily make it from scratch but the one I use is really low fat and carbs anyway and even I can't be bothered with making my own!! Do check the labels but bear in mind that you only use 1 tablespoon in this recipe and even then you won't eat all the sauce so it's more like 1/2 tablespoon. :)

1 tablespoon Thai green curry paste
1/2 tablespoon extra light Philadelphia
1 tablespoon skimmed milk
Salt & pepper
Pinch sweetner

Meat or fish of your choice

So...
If using chicken, dice and fry until cooked through and golden.
Otherwise...
Add the Thai paste to a frying pan (with the chicken if using) and cook gently for 2-3 minutes. Add the Philadelphia and stir through. Finally season with S&P and sweetner. Turn off the heat and stir in the milk.

If using prawns, now add to the sauce and warm through.
I've just had this over baked salmon as a sauce... Yum!!

Cruise PP but add peppers for a PV day.

Oatbran biscuits

Straight from the kitchen...
Limited to 2 or 4 depending on the size of the biscuits you make. Basically, the recipe uses 3 days allowance of oatbran so limit yourself to a third of the amount you make.

6 tbsp oat bran
8 tbsp sweetener
1 egg yolk
1 tsp baking powder
1 dessertspoon extra light Philadelphia (tolerated item)
1 dessertspoon skimmed milk
1 tsp cinnamon or Ginger

Add all the dry ingredients to a bowl. Add the egg yolk and milk and mix to a stiff dough which is slightly sticky. Using a teaspoon, portion the mixture into small balls which can be shaped in your hand. Place on a baking tray and gently press flat. Bake for 10 minutes on 180c until golden brown. Loosen from the tray and leave to cool.

Let me know your thoughts : ) x

Ladymahayla, you are an official GENIUS! BBQ sauce such a life line - loooooooove it. Tried the peppercorn , not so keen but going to try the choc pudding tomorrow when I get some cocoa! THANK YOU. x

just made the salmon recipe -yummy

Hello everyone :)
Thank you so much for all the lovely comments!!
Keep em coming... My heads not quite big enough yet lol!!
Sorry I've been a bit absent lately. I've reached target but would really like to do another 7lbs. Seem to be wobbling a bit at the moment. No real excuse but I'll use work stresses, tiredness and not feeling very well as an excuse!!
Knowing that the stuff I put on here is helping you will be motivation enough to get back on it!!
Thank you again and much love xxx

Back