Recipes that I love (updated often)

Hi LadyM,

Ive moved over from SW and was worried that it may be a bit of a struggle for me with only protein - i am so glad ive found your thread, you've got such brilliant ideas!!

Can i ask a question that most will find silly!! I am in day 2 of attack, i know i am allowed spices but does this include things such as garlic, tomato ketchup (low salt/sugar), etc?

Thanks in advance - cant wait to try the bbq sauce!!

Hello Pesty

Hello Pesty,
Firstly... Welcome to Dukan :)
This is the easiest diet plan I have EVER done and have lost 34lbs and reached my goal weight with ease.
During attack, stick religiously to the list of items that are allowed. Any spices (dried or fresh) are fine as are herbs. Garlic, ginger, tomato purée are also fine but not ketchup (you can have this after attack). I used soy sauce regularly during attack but there seems to be some disagreement about its use due to its salt level. If I'm honest, it never caused me any problems.
Artificial sweetener can be used freely but avoid cornflour and reduced fat cocoa powder during attack. Again, you can have these in moderation after attack.
I hope this helps and that you find some recipes on here that will help you through.
Let me know if I can help you anymore xxxx

Hello Pesty,
Firstly... Welcome to Dukan :)
This is the easiest diet plan I have EVER done and have lost 34lbs and reached my goal weight with ease.
During attack, stick religiously to the list of items that are allowed. Any spices (dried or fresh) are fine as are herbs. Garlic, ginger, tomato purée are also fine but not ketchup (you can have this after attack). I used soy sauce regularly during attack but there seems to be some disagreement about its use due to its salt level. If I'm honest, it never caused me any problems.
Artificial sweetener can be used freely but avoid cornflour and reduced fat cocoa powder during attack. Again, you can have these in moderation after attack.
I hope this helps and that you find some recipes on here that will help you through.
Let me know if I can help you anymore xxxx

Hi LadyM, thanks for your help!! Is garlic allowed then, sorry if that is a stupid question!! I have ordered my book but couldnt wait for it to arrive before i got going :D

So if i wanted a bbq sauce for my dinner tonight could i switch the tbsp of tomato ketchup for tomato puree, not add the cornflower and let it simmer for longer to thicken? Would the worcestershire sauce and vinegar be ok?

Thanks again for your help! x

lady m's chilli recipe

well Lady M,

i take my hat off to you :worthy:

i made chilli today, following your recipe and have to say it's the nicest chilli i've ever had. I've had 3 bowls of it today, it is sooo tasty. I doubled the quantities and made a big pan of chilli with every intention of freezing some of it but now on conso so on PV almost every day- it's not gonna last long enough to freeze any!

:thankyou:

Now, bear with me on this one... ;)

100ml diet coke
1 tbsp reduced sugar & salt tomato ketchup
2 tsp sweetner
Dash Worcestershire sauce
Dash red wine vinegar
Salt & pepper to taste
1/2 tsp cornflour (tolerated item)

Mix the cornflour with a little of the cola in cup.
Add all other ingredients to either a jug or small saucepan.
Add the cornflour liquid and heat for 5 minutes until thick and bubbling. If using a jug, microwave for 3 minutes until thick and bubbling.

I served with roast chicken... Yum!
Tried this last night (same as you with roast chicken!) and it was truely fab!! Am going to try the courgette lasagne tonight as it a PV day.....mmmmmmmmmmmmm :D
Jackie xx

Lady M you are ace and a saviour!! Love love love BBQ sauce and now I have seen other delicious recipes I want to try them all!!

Keep them coming they are great :D

Just had the BBQ sauce at lunchtime - still warm - with spicy oatbran coated chicken strips. Was yummy.

My absolute favourite Teddy67! Yum yum double yum as my three year old says!!! LOL

I tried the bbq sauce last night, it tasted more like brown sauce to me, somewhere i went wrong!!! lol x
I think it's because of the worchester sauce??? Maybe add less? I don't like Brown sauce but love this bbq one....yummy
Jackie xx

I found out that I liked the sauce hot when just made - but wasn't keen when it had cooled down - on reheating was ok, but not as good as when just made - think I might be too fussy!

Hiya!

I made the BBQ sauce to go with some homemade burgers last night and it was absolutely delicious!!!
I also made the BNS/Red Pepper Soup for tomorrow when im at work and I have the Chilli & Wedges and Courgette/Bolegnese Lasagne on my list too!

Thanks for all of your hard work :D

Ruth
x

Happy new year

Happy new year to all my lovely dukanites!!

I am officially back on dukan today after a Christmas lapse (of epic proportions!!)
Keep checking for updates & Letting me know how you get on with the recipes I write.
Any new dukanites... Welcome & I hope you enjoy any recipes you try.
Big love,
Mahayla x

LadyM, made your bolognese tonight & it was delicious! I really havent done much "cooking" on Dukan & admittedly, probably haven't eaten enough veg.. So it felt strangely naughty! Look forward to seeing some more recipes from you soon x

Creamy poached salmon

Just made this up... And really liked it!!
2 salmon fillets
1 low salt vegetable cube
1 tbsp (30g) extra light Philadelphia
1/2 pint water
Salt & pepper
Generous handful broccoli

Boil the kettle.
Pan fry the salmons on all sides until lovely and golden.
Dissolve the stock cube with 1/2 pint of boiling water
Pour the stock into the pan to half cover the salmon.
Poach for 5 minutes then add the broccoli florets.
Poach for a further 10-15 minutes on a medium to high heat.
Remove the salmon and check cooked through ( should be a milky pink colour, not fleshy). Remove the broccoli.
Turn the stock down to simmer and remove about 1/2 by pouring away. Stir in the Philly until all mixed.
Serve and enjoy.:)

If you like thicker sauces just remove a little more liquid.

Love these recipes Ladymahayla! Moving to Cruise tomorrow and needing inspiration (not as gung-ho as last time, I'm afraid!) This was just what I needed and just in time to amend my Tesco order :) Trying the peppercorn sauce, the chili sauce, and DEFINITELY the lasagna. Will report back next week with how I get on.

Thanks for posting!

If, like me you like a bit of a dessert... This ones a winner!

2 generous dessertspoons quark
1 dessertspoon vanilla yoghurt or skimmed milk
1 dessertspoon sweetner

Choose a flavouring...
1/2 tsp low fat cocoa powder (I use green & blacks as it's the lowest I can find. Plus, it's such a low quantity it's fine) (tolerated item)
Splash vanilla flavouring
1/2 tsp coffee dissolved in a little water
1/2 tsp lemon juice

Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
It should be thick and creamy and as sweet as you like cheesecakes to be
(for me, very sweet :p )
Place in a small ramekin and allow to set in the fridge for 2 hours but could
be eaten straight away :rolleyes:

Fine for attack but avoid the cocoa until in cruise.

Wow, totally not a sweets person but this is SUPER YUM!!! Tastes absolutely decadent (used coffee flavoring). I may be able to get my sugar-holic hubby on Dukan with puddings like this :) Thank you!!

Back