Recipes that I love (updated often)

Ladym, you're a saviour, made the cheesecake topping last night and it helped give me something sweet but stay on track...felt so authentic 10/10!! Have made the BbQ sause for tonight yum, smells devine!! And just frozen loads of pepper &squAsh soup!!
If you have any top tips for minced turkey meat balls I'd love to know.
Thanks again for all the tips and meals fab fab fab xx

Oatbran Biscuits?
Can u use quark instead of Philly as this isn't a tolerated item and I generally have a tub to hand (when I can find it)

Hello Teddy,
I would imagine that quark would work just as well. You'll probay need to up the amount of sweetener as quarks a bit sour.
According to the tolerated food list from the dukan diet website extra light Philly is tolerated. From what I can understand from the members that subscribe to the website, the list is a work in progress : ) x

Thanks for this - I meant that quark not a tolerated item :)
I will try - adding extra sweetener as u suggest.

Ladymahayla, you are simply a genius, LOVED the Thai green curry. Ammended it slightly by adding some quark to make it more saucy!!! AMAZING - don't stop giving us these little gems. YOU ARE A LIFESAVER!!! LOL, going to try making the chilli tonight for tomorrow.
Thanks again.

PS - ur oatbran biscuits which I am interested to make, do you think you could substitute 2 spoons of oatbran for 2 of wheatbran so that it made 2 days supply of cookies???? My understanding is that you can have 2 oatbran and the occasional 1 tblsn wheatbran but I may be wrong! Thanks again.

I just made these - bit experimental as didn't have any baking powder - nor ginger - and I don't have dessertspoon - and I forgot to flatten out so bit thick/soft but v oaty in middle - and my estimate of splenda was way over!

Next time less splenda and maybe add Gogi berries?

Spanish style vegetables in tomato sauce

This is a beauty... Even if I do say so myself!!
I like a medium spice so use 1 tsp smoked paprika but adjust according to preferences :)
I eat this for lunch with some sliced prepacked chicken or turkey to make it a meal, but would be great served with meatballs or a roast chicken breast for dinner.

Serves one generously
1/2 red pepper thinly sliced
1/2 yellow pepper thinly sliced
1 onion (red or White) roughly sliced
A handful mushrooms sliced
1/2 tin chopped tomatoes
1 dessertspoon tomato purée
1 tsp sweetener
Salt & pepper
1 tsp smoked paprika

Fry the peppers and onions for 2-3 minutes. Add the mushrooms and fry until soft. Don't worry if the peppers char... This adds to the smokey flavour! Add the tomato purée and coat the vegetables. Add the sweetener and paprika and stir. Finally add the tomatoes and simmer. I add a splash of water if it starts to stick but you're looking for a thick sticky consistency. Season with salt & pepper.

This is the point to add your prepacked chicken/turkey if you're making a quick lunch. Warm the meat through for 4-5 minutes.
Alternatively serve on the side with roast chicken or meatballs

I totally adore this recipe!! Hope you guys do too xxxx

Hey, all your recipes look delicious - I've made the bbq sauce before with full-fat coke and that was great so am really looking forward to trying your dukan friendly version. You mentioned somewhere on the thread that you have a recipe for salsa? I'm thinking of enchiladas/fajitas soon and a salsa recipe would be great. Thanks.

Ladymahayla said:
Now, bear with me on this one... ;)

100ml diet coke
1 tbsp reduced sugar & salt tomato ketchup
2 tsp sweetner
Dash Worcestershire sauce
Dash red wine vinegar
Salt & pepper to taste
1/2 tsp cornflour (tolerated item)

Mix the cornflour with a little of the cola in cup.
Add all other ingredients to either a jug or small saucepan.
Add the cornflour liquid and heat for 5 minutes until thick and bubbling. If using a jug, microwave for 3 minutes until thick and bubbling.

I served with roast chicken... Yum!

oh my goodness why have i only just found you need?? i love you already!!!

I've just made the BBQ sauce for the first time also.

OMG it was sooo yumptious!!

@ Ladymahayla - :happy096: !

:thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou:

I keep looking at the BBQ recipe - everyone seems to love it.

I don't have any ketchup (yuck) - could it b made with any substitute? Tomato paste? Extra sweetener ? What else would b needed?

Hi Teddy, I have used a diet cola recipe similar but to be honest each time I do it, I just wing it. The last time used tomato concentrate mixed with liquid sweetener and a little garlic. I also sometimes dry fry onions before adding the chicken and tomato, diet coke.

This is definitely one of my favourite recipes but I have never used ketchup. I have also used passata/puree or tomato sauce instead of the tomato concentrate as well. It is sometimes difficult to find the tomato concentrate without added sugar.

By the way I use sweetened tomato concentrate on top of meatloaf before cooking, yum!

Thanks everyone... Your comments give me that warm fuzzy feeling :)
Keep trying them out and letting me know what you think.
When I started this thread I was really worried I'd be littering up the site with useless drivel!!
Xxx

Back