Thai Style Salmon en pappiotte

This is sooooo easy so give it a go!!

1 salmon fillet
2 handfuls king prawns
1/2 red onion, sliced
1/2 White onion, sliced
1/4 red pepper, thinly sliced
1/4 yellow pepper, thinly sliced
4-5 florets broccoli or pak choi or asparagus (or all!)
2 gloves garlic, crushed
Thumbnail piece ginger, thinly chopped
6 teaspoons soy sauce
Glug water
Salt & pepper

Large rectangle kitchen foil

Place the vegetables, garlic and Ginger in the middle of the foil. Lay the salmon on top and create a parcel by folding the foil edges over the top of the salmon. Then seal one end tightly ensuring the parcel is water tight. Next, pour the water in the open end of the parcel and carefully seal. Place on a baking tray and bake for 15 minutes on 200/gas 5.
After this time open the top of the parcel and add the prawns. Bake for a further 5 minutes open so the salmon browns. Finally, add the soy and cook for a further 5 minutes.
Season and enjoy!! : )

Wow I love this thread! Yum yum!

Will definitely be trying the cheesecake topping and adding it to some nas jelly I think!

Mmmm

Thanks again. will keep checking for updates and I will let you know how I get on with my dessert :) x

Veggie Wedges

You have probably already done this one but hey, thought I'd log in on the thread incase. I stumbled across it whilst cooking Chilli con Carne and spicy wedges for Saturday night dinner with friends. The chilli was dukan friendly (let me know if you want the recipe on here and I'll post it) but I didn't want to feel I was eating something different to everyone else so...

2 carrots, sliced lengthways into 'wedges'
1 butternut squash, sliced lengthways into 'wedges'
1 tsp smoked paprika
Salt and pepper
Few sprays of no cal cooking spray

Slice the carrot and squash into equal sized 'wedges'.
Place on a baking tray and spray with the no cal cooking spray.
Sprinkle with paprika and salt & pepper and shake the tray so everything is coated.
Cooked for 20-25 minutes until starting to brown. Shake the tray half way through cooking.

They won't come out 'crispy' like potato (ummmmm!) wedges do but they are a very good alternative (I think!)

I'd love to see the Chilli recipe please!
This is the perfect thread for me, I love to hear about which recipes work and especially ones I can give to my family too - with additions of course!!!

Chilli Con Carne... As promised

So, I make this as 'my' dinner and only need to tweak it slightly for non dukaners who are over for dinner (and my other half!).

Cruise- protein and veg day
Serves 4-6 and can be bulked out by adding more veggies

500g extra lean minced beef
1 large onion, diced
1 large carrot, diced
5-6 mushrooms, thinly sliced
3 peppers, diced (I use red, yellow & green for colour)
2 tins chopped tomatoes
1 beef oxo cube (tolerated item)
Dash Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp chilli powder (I use a medium heat)
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 dessertspoon tomato purée
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 dessertspoon sweetener

In a large frying pan, fry the carrots and onion in a little oil or no cal cooking spray until soft. Add the mince and brown. Next on a low heat stir in the spices, garlic, tomato purée, crumble over the beef oxo cube and add the sweetener. Stir until the mixture is coated in these flavours. Turn the heat back up and add the peppers and mix. Next add the mushrooms and stir and finally the tinned tomatoes and Worcestershire sauce. Stir everything together and simmer on a low heat for 25-30 minutes.

If cooking this for non dukaners I also prepare easy chilli beans which is combined with this once I have my portion.

Chilli beans
1 tin kidney beans drained
1 tin haricot beans drained
1 tin tomatoes
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp smoked paprika

In a saucepan place all the ingredients above and cook on a low heat for 20-25 minutes.

Once both dishes are ready, take your dukan portion first and then add the chilli beans to the remaining chilli. No one would know you were eating something slightly different!!!

Oooh... If either dish starts to look try add some water. I think I had about 100ml maybe throughout the cooking time x

Let me know what you think x

Thank you x

Just a big thank you to everyone that has looked at this thread and an even bigger thank you to those that have tried one of my recipes.

Please keep looking back as I try and update everytime I stumble across something that I have made and loved. My logic is that if I like it, you guys might do too.

I'd love to hear more about whether you have enjoyed anything I've posted and also, any alterations/tweaks you may have made.

Thank you again for trusting me.
I hope you haven't been disappointed.

Lots of love
Mahayla xxx

Chilli sounds delicious, I haven't added paprika before but will now as I love it. I do add ground cumin to mine which gives it another edge.... Try it and see what you think xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Creamy chicken curry

Cruise protein only day but add green beans, squash etc for a PV day:)

1-2 large chicken breasts, cut into chunks
2 tablespoons fat free natural yoghurt
1/4 tsp cornflour (tolerated item)
1 dessertspoon sweetener
2 tsp curry powder (I use a medium heat)
2 tsp tandoori powder
Salt & pepper

Fry the chicken in a frying pan until cooked all the way through.
In a bowl, mix all other ingredients until smooth.
Turn the heat off the chicken and stir in the curry sauce. The heat from the chicken will be enough to warm the sauce. Don't heat it as the yoghurt will split.
Enjoy :p

Chilli here I come!

Well i cooked the Chilli tonight and it was delicious! I had it with cabbage and Leek and a blob of 0% greek yoghurt, big thanks for the recipe:flowers:

Like the look of your Chicken Curry too!

Thank you Thank you THANK YOU for your awesome recipes! I have just written most of them down as I start cruise phase tomorrow and would like to make the most of veggies etc! Cannot wait to get started, thank you again :) x

Last edited:
Ah AnnaJayne that's so lovely. Thank you :)
Good luck with cruise. It is such a welcome addition to have veggies!!
Let me know how you get on x

Thank you to everyone for all the lovely comments.
Currently working on a foolproof meringue so watch this space ;)
Lots of cuddles x

Shepherds Pie

Give this ago... :)
Cruise PV
Serves 4

500g extra lean minced beef
1 onion, diced
1 carrot, diced
Handful green beans, diced
2 large butternut squashes, peeled, deseeded and chopped into large ish chunks
2 beef oxo cubes (tolerated item)
Dash Worcestershire sauce
Salt and pepper
1 teaspoon tomato purée
Approximately 350ml water

In a large saucepan, boil the butternut squash until soft.
Meanwhile, fry the carrot and onion until soft. Add the minced beef and fry until brown. Crumble over the oxo cubes and stir in
the tomato purée and dash of Worcestershire sauce. Add the water and simmer for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes your squash should be soft so drain. Add the diced green beans to the beef mixture at this point and continue to simmer.
Once squash is drained, add a splash of milk and mash until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
In a large oven proof dish pour the beef mixture. Add the squash mash on top and spread evenly.
Bake in a preheated oven at gas 5/200c for 20-30 minutes or until the starts to bubble at the sides.
Enjoy!!

As always, if the beef mixture starts to look dry when simmering add a splash more water.

Serve with extra veggies :)

Butternut squash and red pepper soup

This is an adapted weight watchers recipe that I make quite often. Intact, it was our 'starter' for Christmas dinner last year. It's just occurred to me that it's dukan friendly so thought I'd share it with you. Great for work and can be frozen and heated as needed :cool:

1 large butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and chopped into chunks
2 Red peppers, chopped into chunks
1 chicken or vegetable low sodium stick cube (can be left out)
1 carrot, chopped into chunks
1 onion, chopped into chunks
1 tsp tomato purée
Salt & pepper
1 tsp dried herbs or spices (sage, Rosemary, smoked paprika, cumin, coriander all work well)
Boiling water

Put everything in a large saucepan. Cover with water and bring to boil. Once boiling, turn down and simmer for 20 minutes or until all vegetables are soft. Add more water if needed but I try and keep an eye on it as I like thick soup.
Now, either leave chunky or use a handblender to make a thick, creamy soup. Add salt and pepper to taste.
You could add a tsp natural yoghurt to make it really creamy and a bit special.

Hope you enjoy :)

Mullerlight Toffee

Does anyone know if we can have Mullerlight toffee? Or any Mullerlights?
I've always avoided based on the fact they contain fructose or that toffee is pretty much sugar?!
I reckon I could come up with something nice using them.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts on this one
Love
Mahayla x

Last edited:
1 clove garlic crushed
Thumbnail sized piece fresh Ginger finely chopped
1/2 red chilli
1/4 tsp mustard
6 tbsp soy sauce
Sweetner to taste (I used about 2 tsp)

Place in a bowl and mix well. It should taste sweet and spicy.
Use to either marinade meat or fish or pour over at the end of cooking for a sticky sauce.

I used this whilst on attack but probably technically a cruise sauce due to the soy sauce.
This was amazing with king prawns but equally as good with chicken or beef.
:)
made this the other day and it was lovely. thanks for posting these lovely recipes, i will work my way through them. x

Back