Recipes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oooo doing this from memory now.....

Original

Haricot beans ~ boil until cooked add a touch of salt.

Slice up a lemon into 1/4s this is to squeeze over the beans on the plate.

Sliced tomatoes.. to put on top of the beans.

Onion - cut in 1.4 to eat the beans. take off the silver lining as tastes better.

Oil.. to drizzle over.

Put beans in dish.. add oil.. and throw toms on top then drizzle with oil add salt. use the onion like a spoon and eat the onion too.

It is a very fresh and filling meal.

Also lovely with fresh corriander on the top and parsley.

But you could use a tin of tomatoes or puree and mix this in with the beans before serving add salt may want a small touch of sugar to take off that tartness of the tomato.... as carry on without the oil.

Lovely... deeeeeeelish!!!!!!

Lamb (or chicken) Rogan Josh

500g chicken or lamb diced. ( i used lamb shoulder)
2 small or 1 large onion
1 red pepper
1 tin tomatoes
passata/tomato puree
1 stock cube or chicken bovril
1/2 teaspoon whole coriander seeds
1/2 teaspoon whole cumin
1teaspoon hot curry powder
1-2 tablespoon fresh coriander
squeeze of lemon juice

Slice the onion, deseed and chop the peppers.

Spray some frylight on a pan and cook the onions til soft, add the spices and cook for a couple of minutes and the pepper and cook until soft.

Add the meat and brown. Make up the stock with boiling water to about 1/2 pint or a bit more so it covers the meat and bring to the boil.

Add the tomatoes, tablespoon of purée and mix together and turn down to simmer for about 25-30 minutes until sauce thickened and meat tender.If you have any fresh tomatoes around that need using up you can add them too, take the skins off when they get soft.

Add a handful of coriander leaving some back for garnish and cook for about 5 mins.

Serve with the remainder of coriander on top with a squeeze of lemon.

Serves 2 (generously)if on a red day and no rice and 4 if having rice and using the meat as an HEB.

Syns about 1.5 for the whole thing 0.5 if using the bovril.

Oh yeah having another blonde dumb moment haha...

Might try the rogan josh and put in slow cooker till tomorrow.

Will let you know what it is like!

Beef Goulash (free on red day)

For those of you that don’t have the goulash recipe I have raved about (from last SW mag) here it is.
Serves 4
Ready in about 2 ½ hours

2 large onions
4 large carrots
2 garlic cloves
2lb lean beef I used braising steak
3 red peppers
Handful fresh parsley to serve
Fry light
1 bay leaf
2tsp paprika
400grm chopped tomatoes
14fl oz sock made from beef Bovril
Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste

1. Peel and thickly slice the onions and carrots crush garlic. Cut beef into bite size cubes, deseed and chop up peppers.
2. Spray pan with fry light cook onions 2 to 3 mins add carrots, garlic and bay leaf stir fry 3 mins .
3. Add beef, peppers and paprika stir fry about 8 mins to seal the meat. Add tomatoes and stock and bring to the boil..Season well and cover tightly reduce the heat to low and cook gently for about 1 ½ to 2 hours stirring occasionally I took lid off for last half hour to allow it to thicken..
4. serve with sprinkled parsley on top
This can be frozen and is syn free on original day

This went down a storm here, a real comfort food on a cold evening ..enjoy x

Irene posted a Tomato soup recipe on another thread and i tried it today really really enjoyed it, it was so filling.
Irenes original thread says to blend 1 can of beans and 1 can of choped tomatoes together but i added some onion powder and some mild chilli powder, just heat up when required and enjoy. :bliss:
Thanks Irene. xxx Loobylou

anyone got any frittata recipes?

Also i have tonnes of carrots but not a fan of soup any ideas what i can do with them>?
x

If you're having a green day, you could always roast the carrots with fry light along with some herbs and with any other root vegetables? I'm pretty sure it's free depending on the vegetables.
I like swede, turnips and potatoes... You could always put it with something more substatial.
I had that today with my quorn sunday roast :) It was yummy.

Off the top of my head I don't know any recipies for just carrots!

2 small or 1 large onion
1 red pepper
1 tin tomatoes
passata/tomato puree
1/2 teaspoon whole cumin
squeeze of lemon juice

Spray some frylight on a pan and cook the onions til soft, add the spices and cook for a couple of minutes and the pepper and cook until soft.

Add the meat and brown. Make up the stock with boiling water to about 1/2 pint or a bit more so it covers the meat and bring to the boil.

Add the tomatoes, tablespoon of purée and mix together and turn down to simmer for about 25-30 minutes until sauce thickened and meat tender.If you have any fresh tomatoes around that need using up you can add them too, take the skins off when they get soft.

Add a handful of coriander leaving some back for garnish and cook for about 5 mins.

Serves 2 (generously)if on a red day and no rice and 4 if having rice and using the meat as an HEB.

Why does it have syns??

2 small or 1 large onion
1 red pepper
1 tin tomatoes
passata/tomato puree
1/2 teaspoon whole cumin
squeeze of lemon juice

OMG this sounds amazing i want it nowwwwwwwwwwwww

Spaceangel, did you say you started a seperate thread for just original recipes? I can't find it!

I think it's a great idea to have seperate threads for green and original. I do both days but find if I need a quick meal idea it takes me ages to trawl through everyone's recipes (fab though it is browsing through them all!)

I was sure i saw a thread for scan bran recipes but cant findj it lol:)

Made this today - yum yum with syn free chips.......:eat:

Garlic Chicken Lasagne

Servings | 2 (Very large servings)
Syns Per Serving | Green – 2 ½*
* Add 6 Syns if not using the Cheddar cheese as a Healthy Extra and a further 6 Syns if not using the chicken as a Healthy Extra

Ingredients
- Fry Light
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2tsp EPC Very Lazy Garlic or 2-4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 227gm (8oz) skinless chicken breasts, cut into small cubes*
- 400gm can chopped tomatoes
- 1tsp dried oregano
- black pepper
- 6 sheets dried no-need-to-pre-cook lasagne Verdi (spinach) sheets
- 38gm sachet Morrisons Instant Cheese Sauce mix (5 Syns)
- 85gm (3oz) reduced fat Cheddar cheese, grated*

Method
1. Pre-heat oven to 190C / 375F / Gas Mark 5.

2. Heat a large pan sprayed with Fry Light and cook the onion and garlic for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until soft.

3. Add the chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, for a further 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes, oregano and seasoning. Heat through.

4. Spoon half the chicken mixture into a shallow ovenproof dish and top with 3 sheets of lasagne. Repeat the layers.

5. Make up the cheese sauce mix with boiling water as per the packet instructions. Add half of the grated cheese to the cheese sauce. Pour the cheese sauce over the top of the lasagne & sprinkle with the remaining cheese.

6. Transfer the lasagne dish to the oven and bake for 30-40 minutes until the topping is golden brown, bubbling and cooked through.

great on a green day
Lime and Ginger Chicken
chicken hexb
Grated Ginger
Garlic
Peppers
Onions
(any other free stir fry veg you fancy)

Boil up some rice whilst the rice is cooking

spray a pan with fry light and add approx 2 tbsp water then fry off onion, garlic and ginger. once soft add peppers, chicken and cook then add juice of at least 2 lime but can add more if you want then once chicken is cooked through serve with Rice and enjoy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back