Recipes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a recipe from ww, but perfectly fine on a red day

Egg and Bacon Salad
Salads & side dishes

Servings: 4

You'll love the combination of eggs and bacon in a salad - very tasty!

Ingredients
  • 4 medium egg(s)
  • 6 tablespoon natural low-fat yogurt
  • 2 level tablespoon wholegrain mustard
  • 1 teaspoon lemon(s), rind, finely grated
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
  • 1 small onion(s), red, thinly sliced
  • 200 g lettuce, or large bag mixed salad leaves
  • 2 tablespoon parsley, chopped fresh
  • 4 medium rasher lean back bacon
  • 2 tablespoon capers, drained
  • 1 pinch salt, to taste
  • 1/8 teaspoon pepper, freshly ground black, to taste
Instructions

Put the eggs on to hard boil for 12 minutes.

Meanwhile, mix together the yogurt, mustard, lemon rind and lemon juice in a large salad bowl.

Add the onion, salad leaves and parsley. Season with a little salt and plenty of black pepper, then toss together.

Shell the eggs and quarter them. Arrange on the salad.

Grill the bacon until crisp, then snip over the salad. Add the capers, if using. Serve at once, whilst the bacon is hot.

Made this the other day. It looked so pretty and tasted so good! Thanks for the recipe! The capers really added to it!

Attachments

• IMG_0414.JPG
    IMG_0414.JPG
    98 KB · Views: 205
ok well this is only an idea...I had it today and I loved it but then I could just be weird.

Laughing cow light ( healthy ex A) 1 per Ryvita
2x Ryvita ( healthy ex B) Any extras are 1.5 syns each
Thinly sliced spring onion
Thinly sliced mushrooms
Layer of thin chicken or turkey slice
Topped with Salad cress

I just placed them in the order above on te ryvita and viola- 3 minutes to make lunch and it taste great!!

p.s I used the Aldi ( oakhurst) mixed herb and pakrika chicken breast slices ( two slices per ryvita)

Very filling.

Ok ladies, Had a fantastic meal tonight, very cheap...OH made it up himself....All SYN FREE and the oil is a healthy extra ( extra virgin olive oil)

500g skinless chicken pieces ( or chicken breasts sliced)
150g very low fat natural yoghurt
1x tsp tumeric
1x tsp ground corriander
2 x tsp garam masala
1xtsp pakrika
1xtsp mild chili powder
1xtsp tikka curry powder
2cm fresh peeled garlic (finely grated)
1x large clove garlic crushed ( then finely chopped)
sea salt and black pepper to taste

Method:
Yoghurt in a bowl, add dry ingredients. Whisk to mix. add chicken and leave to marinate for at least 4 hours in the fridge.
Once stood, remove chicken the marinade and disgard marinade. Place pieces on a baking tray and cover with tin foil and bake in a preheated oven at 170C for 20-25 minutes. Once cooked remove from oven and let meat rest for few minutes.

Veg:
Asparagus tips, mushrooms, peppers, celery, spring onions (, half green chili pepper( deseeded), All vegs are chopped or sliced.
1x tsp tikka curry powder
1x tsp garam masala
1x tsp mild chili powder
salt and pepper to taste
1 tbs extra virgin olive oil.

Method:
Cook mushrooms in frylight until pink and softened. Remove from pan. Boil kettle and place asparagus tips in boiling water for 10 minutes...till soft but not cooked through. Add oil to pan and heat on high, add onions and heat till soft. Add remaining veg to include mushrooms and drained asparagus. Sprinkle spices over veg and stirfry 5 mins on med-low heat. Ensuring spices are mixed in....then return to very low heat to keep warm.

Finish cooking chicken on hot BBQ or hot griddle until slightly charred on both ( all) sides. Ensure chicken in piping hot all the way through. And prick with a skewer to ensure juices run dry. If juices still red continue to cook on low heat until juices are clear. ( try not to over cook though).

Plate up veg and place chicken on top. Season to taste.

All done. Sounds like a lot but it really only takes minutes.... ( apart from the initial marinating time.)

Good luck and let me know what you think.

J

My fave is the one from this months magazine.
Minced beef wraps

It is lovely, but i did adapt it a little

Minced beef (extra Lean )
1 onion
2 chopped carrots
2 plum tomatoes
oregano
mixed herbs
4 eggs
Quark
salt & Pepper
Frylight

Fry the onions in frylight
add carrots and mince, then add tomatoes and oregano.

Make the egg wraps when the mince has about 10 mins left to cook

Wisk by hand the eggs till fluffy add half a tub of quark and the mixed herbs
The magazine said it makes 4 wraps, but mine made 2. So divide the mixture into 2 and fry in a frying pan in frylight till golden brown both sides.

I really enjoyed this and will be having it again & Again !!!!! ENJOY

chili enchiladas
i had to make the normal version at work today for my residents and thought to myself "i would bloody love this for dinner if i hadn't had any sins all day!"

ingrediants:

homemade sin free quorn chili
2 x torilla wraps (12 sins)
passata
chili powder
salt/pepper/sweetener
42g finely grated low fat cheese (healthy extra a) ...could use 2 if you like melted cheese

how to make it:
  • turn the oven on!​
  • make quorn chili as you like it (not going to post the instructions as it's easy to make!)​
  • quickly warm passata in saucepan, adding chili, salt, pepper and sweetener to taste.​
  • heat 2 tortilla wraps in the microwave for 20 seconds to soften.​
  • pour passata (0.5 cms deep) into an oven dish​
  • spoon chili into the tortilla wraps and fold over into long tubes​
  • place on top of the pasata​
  • top with grated cheese​
  • bake in the oven until passata is bubbling and cheese has melted and starting to brown​
serve with rice and salad! if you're hungry after that then you've got worms!​

ROASTED VEG/CHICKEN LASAGNE

cooked chicken breast, cubed
various roasting veg (incl some whole garlic cloves)
tin of tomatoes with herbs
pack of Morrison's Instant Cheese sauce (38g pack - 5 syns)
cheddar cheese
6-7 lasagne sheets

1) Roast the veg for 20 mins (I used courgette, red onion, cherry toms, red pepper, orange pepper and mushrooms drizzles with balsamic vinegar)
2) Put the chicken and tinned tomatoes in a bowl and microwave until warmed through
3) Parboil lasagne sheets for 4-5 mins
4) Make up the cheese sauce as per instructions on pack

Spray a lasagne dish with Frylight. Squeeze the roasted garlic into the the chicken/tomato mixture and mix. Spoon into bottom of dish. Top with 3 lasagne sheets. Spoon all of the roasted veg over the lasagne and top with the remaining sheets. Pour the cheese sauce over the top and sprinkle with cheese. Bake until golden brown on top. Serve with salad, if desired.

Using the chicken and cheese as HEXs the dish is only 5 syns for the lot!

Quick and easy Chicken & Sweetcorn soup

My consultant gave me this recipe....I was a bit sceptical, but tried it today.

Ingredients

1 tin of sweetcorn
2 eggs
1 pint of water
black pepper
quorn chicken style pieces (optional)

1. Boil 1 pint of water in the kettle,add to a saucepan and keep on the boil

2. Add 2 good desert spoons of CHICKEN BOVRIL from the jar. Stir until it has dissolved

3. Add 1 tin of sweetcorn and stir for a while.

4. Beat 2 egs in a jug/cup and pour into pan.

5. Add black pepper to taste

6. stir and serve

Takes about 10 mins
Tip, I actually sliced and added some quorn chicken style pieces as well.

Eat as much as you like, it's totally free on a Green day!!!:D

I Have to say it was much nicer than I expected...... I ate the whole lot !!

Right I dont know what you call them but here goes:

Free on Red

Chicken breast
Garam masalla
Garlic
Mushrooms
Chilli Powder

You can make as much or as little as you like of this.

Put the chicken breast in the blender with a teaspoon of garam masalla, 1 garlic clove, a couple of mushrooms and chilli powder as much or as little as you like depending on how hot you like it.

Blend it all together to form a paste.

Take small amounts and make chicken nuggett size shapes out of them. Spray a tray with frylight and place the chicken shapes on. Stick on a medium oven for around 20 mins.

You could use these as nibbles on a red day or as part of a meal.

Right I dont know what you call them but here goes:​

Free on Red​

Chicken breast
Garam masalla
Garlic
Mushrooms
Chilli Powder​

You can make as much or as little as you like of this.​

Put the chicken breast in the blender with a teaspoon of garam masalla, 1 garlic clove, a couple of mushrooms and chilli powder as much or as little as you like depending on how hot you like it.​

Blend it all together to form a paste.​

Take small amounts and make chicken nuggett size shapes out of them. Spray a tray with frylight and place the chicken shapes on. Stick on a medium oven for around 20 mins.​

You could use these as nibbles on a red day or as part of a meal.​

Mmmm, they sound lovely

SHEPHERD'S PIE

I adapted the SW recipe from their mag. Had this last night and it was soooo good!

Serves 4
1 HEX A per serving

1 onion
1 clove garlic
2 carrots
500g lean pork mince
mushrooms (as many as you like)
tin of tomatoes with garlic
2tsp oregano
1tsp sweetener
2tsp fennel seeds
small swede
small butternut squash
6 tbsp Greek 0% yogurt
hand ful of fresh parsley (or any other fresh herb you have handy - I used rosemary)
168g Cathedral City Lighter cheese

1) Peel and chop the swede and squash and boil for 10-15 mins or until tender

2) Chop the onion, garlic, carrots and mushrooms. Spray a pan with Frylight and cook the veg with the pork for 4-5 mins. Add the tomatoes, oregano, sweetener and fennel seeds, salt & pepper. Bring to the boil then pour into a casserole dish.

3) Drain the swede and squash and mash with the fresh parsley and yogurt. Spread over the pork mixture. Top with cheddar cheese and fresh ground black pepper. Bake for 15-20 mins until golden and bubbly.

Ring the changes - try using different veg (tomatoes, celery, peppers, etc in the pork mix).

Has anyone tried the SW butternut squash and lentil curry receipe from the website?

It's bloody delicious!

I was a bit sceptical about the squash i must say, coz i've tried it before and i hated it - but I'm completely converted now - its gorgeous!

ok ladies, something to try. You will like it or you will hate it I guess. But I love it.

Feta Meatballs =1 HEX A and 1.5 syn for the whole lot ( but not too sure you want to eat them all it's a lot of food)

250g extra lean mince beef ( but you could use lamb too)
1 egg
7 whole olives ( or equivelent in sliced) black or green ( 1 syn)
42g Feta cheese (HEX A)
Fresh basil, parsley and oregano ( about 1 tablespoon each) or 1/4 dried ( I used fresh)
1 clove chopped garlic ( or add 1 syn if you used garlic puree)
1 tablespoon tomato puree ( .5 syn)
salt and pepper to taste

Mix all together ( I used a blender/handmixer thing) it made about 16 meat balls. Placed in the oven on 200C for 10 minutes and then turned again to cook on all sides. for a further 10 minutes until cooked.

Let cool and I had it on a bed of spinach/watercress/rocket salad with thinly sliced red onions and a little fat free vinegrette.

Hope you like it...let me know.

Jenn

Last edited:
Hot chilli lime sauce

I know somebody posted this, but I can't find.
Any chance of recipe please??

Thanks, Nicola

Got recipe thanks,
N

Glorious Green Day Shepard's Pie

• 2 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
  • 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
  • 2 tsp low fat margaine ( 1.5 syns)(flora-proavtive light)
  • 2 finely chopped spring onion
  • cloves of chopped garlic
  • 2 x ready frozen steam mixed veg (2 indivdual protions)
  • frylight
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 350g quorn mince
  • 1 tsp corn flour 1 syn( to make up enough to thicken the mixture=about 1/2 cup)
  • 2 tablespoon ketchup ( 2 syns)
  • 2 x tsp gravy granuales 3.5 syns( to make up 1 cup gravy)
  • 1/8 cup wocestershire sauce
  • 2 tsp of fajita seasoning
  • 42g cup shredded reduced fat Cheddar cheese (Healthy extra A)
DIRECTIONS

1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender but still firm, about 15 minutes. Drain and mash. Mix in margarine, spring onion and 1/2 amount shredded cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste; set aside.
  2. Pre cooked veg bags in the mircowave as instructed ( I used bird's eye ones with corn,peas and carrot battons for kids) Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C.)
  3. Heat the Kettle and using 2 tsp gravy granuales, add 1 cup boiling water.
  4. Using the boiled water also make up 1 tsp of cornflour with 1/2 cup water and set aside.
  5. Spray large frying pan with frylight. Add onion and garlic and cook until clear. Add quorn and cook for 3 minutes then add the wocester, and the ready made gravy, ketchup, gravy, fajita seasoning, and cornflour mixutre and veg mix. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
  6. Spread the mixture in an even layer on the bottom of a large casserole dish. Top with the mashed potato mixture and sprinkle with remaining shredded cheese.
  7. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
  8. Or you could pack them as I did in individual remkin dishes in single amounts and freeze.
Hope you enjoy it.

the whole thing is 7.5 syns...but is makes 4 servings...so I would say about 2 syns each. But you can work it out as you see fit...It was goreous.:D Let me know what you think.

Feta Cheese and Prawn pasta!

Nice alternative to Red sauce and takes next to no time.

• 35g wholemeal Pasta ( Hex B on red)
  • 2 teaspoons low fat margaine ( flora proactive light) (1.5 syns)
  • 1 1/2 springs onions
  • 42g crumbled feta cheese (hex A)
  • 113g prawns ( fresh or use frozen but defrost first) (Hex B on green)

1. Bring a medium pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Place pasta in the pot, cook 4 minutes, until al dente, and drain. Transfer to a medium bowl.
  2. Melt the margarine in a skillet over medium heat. Place onion in the skillet and cook until tender. Stir in shrimp, and cook 3 minutes, or until opaque or if they . Mix in feta cheese, and continue cooking 1 minute. Toss with the pasta and serve.
Takes about 10 minutes to make if you cooked the sauce/prawn mix whilst the pasta is cooking.
Salt as required.

ONLY 1.5 SYNS
Let me know what you think:D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back