Free on Green!

1 can black beans, rinsed
1 can sweetcorn with red & green peppers, drained
1/2 cup red onion, chopped
1/4 cup fresh coriander, chopped
2 tbsp fresh lime juice
1tsp ground cumin
salt & pepper

Combine all ingredients and refrigerate. I left mine overnight to let the flavours develop. It was sooo good! I mixed it with some couscous and gave it to some friends (who aren't doing SW) and they loved it!

You could also use pinto beans or other bean variations but I like it with mexican style beans (ie, pinto or black beans)

Home Made Chicken Kebabs

Serves 4
Free on Original (Red)

4 Chicken breasts
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tbsp ground coriander
1 tsp chilli flakes (adjust according to taste)
3 tbsp lemon juice (I use the jiffy ones)
2 tbsp v.low fat nat yougurt
Salt and Pepper

Chop the chicken into bite sized peices and add to a bowl.

Add all the other ingredients to the chicken, cover and marinate for at least 1/2 hr but the longer you can leave it the better.

Take the chicken out of the marinade and cook the chicken in a griddle pan or under the the grill. Serve with salad and, if you like, a HEXB of jacket potato.

crisps
syn free on green

slices some potatoes very thinly using a mandolin or slicing disc on a food processor
spray the plate of your microwave with frylight and lay potatoes on microwave plate do not over lap
cook on high power for approx 4 - 6 minutes or until them resemble walkers
if they still seem soft just keep doing them for 30 seconds until they are crispy

just keep cooking as many as you like no need to re apply frylight
sprinkle salt or low syn flavours on them , nobody will believe they aren't walkers !

crisps
syn free on green

slices some potatoes very thinly using a mandolin or slicing disc on a food processor
spray the plate of your microwave with frylight and lay potatoes on microwave plate do not over lap
cook on high power for approx 4 - 6 minutes or until them resemble walkers
if they still seem soft just keep doing them for 30 seconds until they are crispy

just keep cooking as many as you like no need to re apply frylight
sprinkle salt or low syn flavours on them , nobody will believe they aren't walkers !

:worthy:

I have just made these and they are just like Walkers. We tried a few different thicknesses of potato to get them perfect. The kids even prefer them too normal crisps. They want these for their packed lunch so it looks like I will be a microwave slave tonight!

I am also going to add some BBQ seasoning to see if they taste nice! I shall keep you posted.

Stacey's Singapore Style Noodles - forget the takeaway!

My version, adapted from the series 'Chinese Food Made Easy' - this is now my favourite stir-fry and tastes as good as a takeaway!

Serves 2 (very generous portions - can easily serve 3)

Syns - 0.5 per serving

Ingredients
1 tbsp grated fresh root ginger
1 red chilli, de-seeded, finely chopped
5 fresh shiitake mushrooms (or normal mushrooms), sliced
2 tsp ground turmeric
1 red pepper, de-seeded and sliced
1 handful julienned carrot strips
Pack of asparagus and baby corn, chopped
226g chicken breast or thigh (raw weight), boiled and sliced (HEX B)
250g/9oz dried vermicelli rice noodles, pre-soaked in hot water for 10 minutes and drained (found in Tesco ethnic section or just use egg noodles, cooked)
1 tsp crushed dried chillies
2 tbsp light soy sauce
2 tbsp oyster sauce (1 syn)
1 tbsp clear rice vinegar or cider vinegar
1 free-range egg, beaten
2 spring onions, sliced lengthways

Method

Prepare all the ingredients in advance - chop all the veg and cook the chicken, get the noodles on (if using the ones that need to soak for 10 mins)

1. Spray a wok with Frylight and heat until very hot, then stir fry the ginger, chilli, mushrooms and turmeric for a few seconds.

2. Add the red pepper, carrots, asparagus, baby corn. Add some boiling water a little bit at a time to help create steam and cook the veg. If your wok has a lid, cover it and let steam for a few minutes or until the veg is how you like it. Add the cooked chicken and mix.

3. Add the noodles to the wok and toss for 1-2 minutes, then season with the chillies, soy sauce, oyster sauce and vinegar. Stir well to combine.

4. Pour the beaten egg into the wok and stir gently for one minute, or until the egg is cooked through. Season with a dash of sesame oil (optional - add 2 syns per tsp), then pile the stir-fry onto a serving plate and garnish with the sliced spring onions.

Last edited:
Loaded Hashbrowns - American Style!

Serves 2

Free on Green (if using bacon and cheese as HEX's)

3 large Maris Piper potatoes
4 spring onions, chopped
170g lean bacon (raw weight), cooked and chopped (HEX B)
84g Cathedral City Light mature cheese, grated (HEX A or B)

1) Peel the potatoes, rinse and then coarsely grate. Using paper towel or tea cloth, squeeze out excess liquid. Preheat grill.

2) Heat a large frying pan and spray with Butter FryLight. Press the shredded potatoes into the pan, spreading it so it's the diameter of the pan (like a pancake). Season with salt & pepper.

3) Once golden underneath (will take about 10 mins), flip onto a plate, spray pan with more FryLight and transfer back to the pan to cook the other side. Cook for another 10 mins or until golden.

4) Scatter the spring onions and bacon over the 'pancake' and sprinkle with the cheese. Pop under the grill until melted and golden.

5) Cut in half and dollop with very low fat fromage frais. Serve with baked beans and 'fried' eggs.

Right I dont know what you call them but here goes:​

Free on Red​

Chicken breast
Garam masalla
Garlic
Mushrooms
Chilli Powder​

You can make as much or as little as you like of this.​

Put the chicken breast in the blender with a teaspoon of garam masalla, 1 garlic clove, a couple of mushrooms and chilli powder as much or as little as you like depending on how hot you like it.​

Blend it all together to form a paste.​

Take small amounts and make chicken nuggett size shapes out of them. Spray a tray with frylight and place the chicken shapes on. Stick on a medium oven for around 20 mins.​

You could use these as nibbles on a red day or as part of a meal.​

was gonna try this recipe but wondered if once the chicken is blended it remains free??
i know with fruit it doesnt and then there was the debate with the syn free crisps??

I think this would be safe! lol

Potatoes Boulangere

Free on green.

3lb flowery potatoes like Maris Piper
2 onions, finley sliced
600ml (1 pint) chicken or veg stock made from bovril or vecon
3 sprigs of fresh thyme or 2 tsp dried
Butter frylight

Heat oven to Gas 4, 180 degrees.

Peel and slice the potatoes thinly. Spray a baking dish with butter frylight and place a layer of potatoes on the bottom, the a layer of onions. Repeat and finish with a neat layer of potatoes.

Pour over the stock and sprinkle with the thyme. Spray the potatoes with butter frylight and then bake for 30 mins.

Cover with foil and then bake for a further 40 mins. Remove the foil and then test the potatoes with a knife. They should be soft. Return the dish to the oven for a further 10 mins until the potatoes are golden.

I have added this to the recipe sticky too.

Free on green.

3lb flowery potatoes like Maris Piper
2 onions, finley sliced
600ml (1 pint) chicken or veg stock made from bovril or vecon
3 sprigs of fresh thyme or 2 tsp dried
Butter frylight

Heat oven to Gas 4, 180 degrees.

Peel and slice the potatoes thinly. Spray a baking dish with butter frylight and place a layer of potatoes on the bottom, the a layer of onions. Repeat and finish with a neat layer of potatoes.

I have added this to the recipe sticky too.

this sounds nice, ive never used the butter fry light, does it actually make a difference to the taste?

ANYONE TRIED THIS BEFORE??
Pasta Cake

1/2 packet of Vermicelli Pasta
1 Tub of fromage frais (large)
2 eggs
1 tsp mixed spice (teaspoon)
2 oz of mixed fruit (optional)
1/2 cup sweetener to taste

Soften pasta in boiling water, mix all ingredients together and cook for 1 hour at 200c. Cover top with tinfoil or baking parchment until the last 10 mins to prevent overcooking or crisping.

this sounds nice, ive never used the butter fry light, does it actually make a difference to the taste?

Yea. It's ideal to sweat veggies in. It's also great for cooking mushrooms in too.

ROOT VEGETABLE BIRYANI

Serves 4 - Free on Green

1 onion
2 pots
2 sweet pots
1 swede
2 garlic cloves
4 carrots
4 parsnips
1tbsp medium curry powder
1 tbsp chat masala
12oz/340g dried rice

1. Chop onion, pots and swede. Crush garlic, slice carrots and parnips. Put in large pan, cover with 1.5pts of boiling water, bring to boil then reduce heat and simmer for 15 mins.

2. Add the curry powder and chat masala, stir and cook for a further 2 mins. Add rice and cook for 20 min stirring often. The rice should be cooked and the liquid absorbed.

3. To serve divide between 4 serving plates and sprinkle with chopped coriander.

YUM YUM AND BLOOMING YUM!

XX

Hi does anyone have a recipe for syn free rice pudding. I saw one recipe on here using pudding rice but then in another thread someone said pudding rice has syns. I'm soooo confused and don't want to make it if it has syns :confused:

I found this:-

Another version of SW rice pudding...... I've just made it to have for breakfast tomorrow.

Serves 2 - for one heA each
700mls skimmed milk
200mls water
112g pudding rice
3tbspn sweetner

mix all the ingredients together in a pot - bring to the boil stirring constantly. When it's boiled, simmer until the rice has absorbed most of the liquid, stirring occasionally and if you can wait that long - eat.

you can add a tbspn of jam for 2 syns or chopped fruit. yum

Goulash

Fry Light
12 Shallots
2chopped garlic cloves
bay leaf
2 tsp Paprika
12oz beef cubed
2 red peppers cut into bite size
can of chopped toms
7 fl oz Beef bovril (made with1tbspn)
salt pepper
Low fat yogurt to serve

In fry light brown shallotts then add garlic and bay leaf then stir for 2-3 mins. Add Paprika, beef and peppers then stir fry 6-8 mins. Add Toms and stock then bring to the boil. Reduce heat and cook for 1 1/2 -2 hours untill beef is melting and sauce is thick and delicious!

Hope you enjoy it!

I found this:-

Another version of SW rice pudding...... I've just made it to have for breakfast tomorrow.

Serves 2 - for one heA each
700mls skimmed milk
200mls water
112g pudding rice
3tbspn sweetner

mix all the ingredients together in a pot - bring to the boil stirring constantly. When it's boiled, simmer until the rice has absorbed most of the liquid, stirring occasionally and if you can wait that long - eat.

you can add a tbspn of jam for 2 syns or chopped fruit. yum

add a load of nutmeg and this would be gorgeous :D

my fav recipe i used alllll the time

Bacon Tomatoe Pasta

Bacon lean 28g is 2 syns or free on red or you can use 100g as a healthy extra on green
Tin of chopped tomatoes free on green and red
Pasta free on green 1 and half syns on red per 28g
Onion free
Mushrooms babycorn any other veg depending on your day

1. Chop up bacon and onion and fry with frylight 5 mins
2. Once browned add vegtables and put your pasta into boiling water.
3. add the tin of chop tomatoes
4. season add herbs and leave to simmer for 10 minutes
5. pour cooked pasta onto plates/bowls and add the bacon mixture

Add cheese if you want as a healthy extra!?

its yummy and easyyyyy

kat xx

easy meal and free on green

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back