Recipes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this is the right place to reply/say....I tried the lasagne tonight, ad it was YUM! I made a couple of changes which worked amazingly well (But I haven't tried the exact recipe above, so I can't compare). I thought I would share them with you guys, hope no one minds?

OK, I made LOADS of the mince mixture (I used 3 bags of Quorn mince), planning to keep some leftover for lunch tomorrow. I discovered to my horror that I only had once can of tomatoes, so I thought on my feet and used one tin, plus quite a bit of passata, plus four grated beetroot (For colour, sweetness and moisture). And a good shake of lea perrins.
I made the macaroni with just water, as I've used todays HEs. It didn't look much when done, and I wondered how I could make it more cheese sauce like. So, in a bowl I mixed a tub of quark, a good dollop of fromage frais, and three egg yolks. I let the pasta cool a little, then mixed it all together. It resembled a REALLY lush, decadent cheese sauce ♥.
With the whites of the eggs, I whisked into semi-stiff peaks and laid aside.
I layered the lasagne as normal, and when I was ready to do the top layer I folded in the egg whites to the cheese mix, and spread it over the top. This gave the top a lovely golden, crunchy topping.
I didn't use any cheese, or any HEs at all, so the total syns would have been 2, I think, just for the pasta n sauce. This made enough for one large lasagne dish (4 servings) plus 2 individual lasagne dishes, so a very generous 6 in total.

Thanks so much to SpaceAngel for posting this recipe in the first place. It's already a favourite in this household! ♥

HI Guys

I ahve just made rice pudding but as i need a choccie fix, i decided to mix a options into it whilst it was cooking, and for 2 syns and loads of rice pudding its lovely. think this will have to be my choccie fix from now on, especially if im doing a green day. Not sure whether anyone else will like it. I did add a slpash of milk as it was too hot to eat and wanted to cool it down so i could eat it quickly.

Potato, cheese and onion bake

Potato, cheese and onion bake

2lbs/908g floury potatoes (king edwards/maris piper)
2 red onions
a bunch of spring onions
6oz/170g mozzarella
fresh dill
1/2 pt/284ml Skimmed milk
6oz/170g quark

Pre heat oven to 200 degrees/gas mark 6
Peel potatoes, slice red onion, chop the spring onions, slice mozzarella and chop dill.
Par boil potatoes for 5 min, drain, leave to cool and then slice.
Heat fry light in a pan and gently fry red onions and spring onions until slightly soft.
Arrange slices of potatoes and onions in a gratin dish.
In a jug, mix milk, quark and dill, season and pour over potato. Top with sliced mozzarella and bake for 40mins.

Serves 4

Syns 1 per serving (add 6 if not using cheese as hex)

Super Dooper Beany Pie

Hi Folks
Green day madness!!

Just had this for lunch and loved it ! made enough for 2 people dont know exact quantities of some things as im a bung it in cook so use how much you think you need for your dish when it comes to beans and taters , obviously weigh anything that needs to be weighed like cheese :)

1 tin of beans
4 veggie sausages (i use linda mccartney which are syn'd see below Thanks Loobylou! x)
3 largeish potatos boiled and mashed
3 Laughing Cow Extra Lights (1/2 HExA)
1 red pepper roasted
2 spring onions
1 or 2 tomatoes
salt n pepper to taste

Cook your veggie sausages as per the oven instructions on the packet, put the red pepper in the oven while the sausages are cooking to roast

boil the potatos and mash them with the Laughing Cow extra light and chop in the 2 spring onions (this is lovely on its own im suprised it got to the top of the pie!)

Place the sausages in the bottom of your pie dish and cover with the pre warmed up beans, chop up the roasted pepper into chunks about the size of a stamp and bung these in with the sausages and beans

Top with the laughing cow and spring onion mash and slices of tomato on the top, if you fancy being naughty add some grated cheese to your mash or sprinkle on the top but i find the laughing cow is enough.

place in the oven or under the grill until the tomatos and mash have a nice cooked look about them ! everything else is already cooked so it doesnt take that long, you could make this with cold beans and wait a bit longer but i get impatient!

I made mine in 2 individual lasagne dishes like you get in the pub (they have em in £land at the mo and the 99p shop) Had one microwaved for lunch today and am saving one for my tea later in the week by bunging it in the freezer

Enjoy !
Gen x

Last edited:
Hi Gene Genie, just checked the syn values on Linda Mccartney sausages for you:
Vegetarian sausages 6 pack frozen 50g = 2 syns each.
Vegetarian sausages 8 pack frozen 35g = 1 syns each
Sausages 8 pack frozen 35g = 1.5 syns.
Recipe sounds lovely, hope this helps. xxx Loobylou

Hi Gene Genie, just checked the syn values on Linda Mccartney sausages for you:
Vegetarian sausages 6 pack frozen 50g = 2 syns each.
Vegetarian sausages 8 pack frozen 35g = 1 syns each
Sausages 8 pack frozen 35g = 1.5 syns.
Recipe sounds lovely, hope this helps. xxx Loobylou

Hi hon

Thanks for that, I have used the 8 pack frozen so only a couple of syns could have got away with just the one sausage but i was being greedy!, I knew they were syn'd but couldnt remember i did check them last night as I was cooking it but didnt want to post the recipie till i had actually tasted it myself lol!
Gen x

3 bean chilli serves 4

1 onion
3 garlic cloves
400g kidney beans
400g mixed beans
200g chick peas
1-2tsp chilli
1tsp ground cinnamon
2tbsp cumin
2x400g chopped tomatoes
salt and pepper
4tbsp vlf fromage frais
pinch of paprika
frylight

finely chop onions,garlic fry in fry light for 2-3 mins
add all the spices and tomatoes
cook for 10 mins
wash and drain the beans and chickpeas and add to tomato mix
cook for a further 10 mins
serve with rice or cous cous and add a
dollap of fromage frais on top

filling, free and blooming lovelly

Creamy BBQ CHICKEN

You can use fry light to do this but prefer to fry in pasata just a touch with a yallow and green pepper and a red onion veggies are irrelevent really and chicken can be substituted with quorn so you can add pasta once everything has softened and cooked through add mixed herds and i like paprika and 3 spoons of heinz bbq sauce add more or less to taste each tbs is 1 syn so depends on how your day has been, i also like to throw in cherry toms and mushrooms , leave to cool slightly and pour in low fat fromage frais depending on how creamy you like it.

Hi Everyone

Please can you post your favourite recipes on this thread (including all those lovely cake one's!!) so that we can all enjoy them

Many thanks

Carrie x

Does anyone know the recipe for SW scotch eggs i had it when i did SW b4 and they were made with scan bran and i loved them have just started again and would like to make them

Does anyone know the recipe for SW scotch eggs i had it when i did SW b4 and they were made with scan bran and i loved them have just started again and would like to make them

Found this one - haven't tried it yet though.

Scotch Eggs

½ syn each

8 boiled eggs

8 syn free sausages

4 scan bran crushed – 2 sins

Method

Skin the sausages and mash each one individually into a ball, flatten down in your hand then wrap around an egg.

Roll onto scan bran till covered, place on a baking tray for 30 mins, gas mark 5.
Variations

On green days use potatoes instead of meat, to help bind the potato add a bit of grated cheese, but remember to sin accordingly.

:gimi::gimi::gimi::gimi::gimi:

Just to say that last night I also tried the lasagne and it was DEEEELISH.

I halved the quantities, and forgot to add sweetner. It was still really really really nice, and I ate about 2 servings... lol.

After that I had a slice of cous cous cake.

Possible the best meal ever?!?

Today I tried superfree quiche, as recommended by Loobylou. YUMMY. Moist and delicious and really tastes like proper quiche! I'm proud of myself, haha.

Not sure if this is the right place to reply/say....I tried the lasagne tonight, ad it was YUM! I made a couple of changes which worked amazingly well (But I haven't tried the exact recipe above, so I can't compare). I thought I would share them with you guys, hope no one minds?

OK, I made LOADS of the mince mixture (I used 3 bags of Quorn mince), planning to keep some leftover for lunch tomorrow. I discovered to my horror that I only had once can of tomatoes, so I thought on my feet and used one tin, plus quite a bit of passata, plus four grated beetroot (For colour, sweetness and moisture). And a good shake of lea perrins.
I made the macaroni with just water, as I've used todays HEs. It didn't look much when done, and I wondered how I could make it more cheese sauce like. So, in a bowl I mixed a tub of quark, a good dollop of fromage frais, and three egg yolks. I let the pasta cool a little, then mixed it all together. It resembled a REALLY lush, decadent cheese sauce ♥.
With the whites of the eggs, I whisked into semi-stiff peaks and laid aside.
I layered the lasagne as normal, and when I was ready to do the top layer I folded in the egg whites to the cheese mix, and spread it over the top. This gave the top a lovely golden, crunchy topping.
I didn't use any cheese, or any HEs at all, so the total syns would have been 2, I think, just for the pasta n sauce. This made enough for one large lasagne dish (4 servings) plus 2 individual lasagne dishes, so a very generous 6 in total.

Thanks so much to SpaceAngel for posting this recipe in the first place. It's already a favourite in this household! ♥

That sounds lovely! I must confess that I am not a quark fan. I actually made the lasange up just using stuff in the cupboard too. I tried adding red peppers to the quorn mix but I didn't like it. The egg whites sound like a great idea too! I will give it a go next time I make it!

Butternut Squash soup

Just made this today and its delicious.

1 butternut squash cubed
2 med potatoes cubed
1 onion chopped
2 cloves garlic chopped
1 stock cube
1 pint water
1 level teaspoon cinnamon (can use curry powder OR ground cumin if no cinnamon at hand)

Soften onion and garlic in fry light, add cinnamon. Add rest of ingredients, cook for 25 mins or until v soft. Blitz with blender. Add more stock if soup is too thick.

1 SYN on green for whole pan of soup on GREEN. (Not sure of syn value for red, is it still 1 SYN?)

:thankyou:I am going to love trying all these recipes, well the green ones any way. Can't wait to try all the cakes. Gonna give the couscous one a go tomorrow.
Sue

Sausage Rolls

Red Day:-

2 Bowyers sausages (1 syn each)
2 slices nimble bread
1 egg beaten
Cocktail sticks

Use a rolling pin to roll the bread until it's thin.

Wrap the bread around the sausage and secure with cocktail sticks

Brush the bread with some beaten egg

Bake in an oven at 180 degrees for about 20 mins until golden and cooked through.

2 Syns on Red. Add 6 syns if not using the bread as a HEX

Green Day

The same as above but use Quorn sausages instead. Free on green. Add 6 syns if not using bread as a HEX.

Eggy Bread

I've been making Eggy Bread for the last couple of mornings and find its a tasty, filling start to the day.

2 Eggs
1/2 tspn Sweetener
1/2 tspn Mixed Spice

Mix together and dip Wholemeal Bread x 2 from 400g loaf for a HEb.

I find there is enough mixture to make a third one for hubby:D

I'm going to try a Ham & Mustard Sandwich dipped in egg (without the sweetener and spice).
Would be good on a Original Day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back