Recipes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
My fav recipe for you

Heres something for you to cook this weekend

You will need to use healthy extras for bacon for it to be free on green!

my fav recipe i use alllll the time

Bacon Tomato Pasta

Bacon lean 28g is 2 syns on green or free on red or you can use 100g as a healthy extra on green
Tin of chopped tomatos free on green and red
Pasta free on green 1 and half syns on red per 28g
Onion free
Mushrooms babycorn any other veg depending on your day

1. Chop up bacon and onion and fry with frylight 5 mins
2. Once browned add vegtables and put your pasta into boiling water.
3. add the tin of chop tomatoes to bacon and onions
4. season add herbs and leave to simmer for 10 minutes
5. pour cooked pasta onto plates/bowls and add the bacon mixture

Add cheese if you want as a A healthy extra!?

its yummy and easyyyyy

kat xx

easy meal and free on green if using healthy extras

Chocolate couscous pudding

Serves 4 - syns per serving Green 1.5 Red 6.5

1 sachet of ovaltine options, chocolate
227ml/8fl oz boiled water
57g/2oz couscous
198g/7fl oz low fat vanilla yogurt
1 treat size flake

1 Make up the hot chocolate using the boiling water. Place in a heatproof dish and add the couscous. Cover and leave to stand for 15 mins, until all the liquid has been absorbed.
2 Spread the chocolate couscous mixture over the yogurt and decorate with the crumbled flake.

Hi Guys

Have just adapted this recipe, by using some coffee instead, i also made some coffee butter cream which then made the whole cake about 20 syns eeeekkk.
I used:
100g couscous
125ml boiled water
coffee mixed with boiled water (about 3 heaped teaspoons, depends on how much coffee you like)
300g icing sugar (5.5 syns forr 100g)
28g low fat spread/marg (5.5syns)
I Made the couscous according to the packet, i should have added more water to make it stick. ( haha) and added the coffee into couscous before it sets.

I made the buttercream by mixing the icing sugar with the marg/spread. Ithen added about 5 teaspoons of coffee(once mixed with water)

then put this on top. Not sure if this all makes sense.

I have also just made a chocolate cous cous cake, using dark highlights chocolate sachet, only 1.5 syns, so if you dont use the flake then its only 1.5 syns for whole cake on a green day.........
Will let you know what it tastes like

I know i'm mad haha.
I

Lentil Dahl

8 oz (250g) Red Lentils
3/4 pint water
1 bay leaf
1 Onion peeled and finely chopped
1 clove garlic
1/4 teaspoon grated ginger
1/4 teaspoon tumeric
1/2 teaspoon cumin
pinch of chilli powder

Place lentils in a large saucepan with the water .. bring to the boil.. Remove any scum that forms

Add the bay leaf, half the onion, the garlic, ginger and tumeric. Cook slowly for 1 hour until smooth.. Check the water content from time to time

Meanwhile cook the rest of the onion in Frylight add the cumin, chilli powder and season to taste.

Add this to the cooked lentils.

Ready to serve.. with veg curry and boiled rice on a green day

Chick pea and potato curry

Use whatever quantity you want cos its free

Potato diced
Onion finely chopped
Garlic
Chickpeas
Garam masala powder
Tumeric
Paprika
Water

Place the potatos in a microwavable bowl and cook for about 8-10 mins

Fry off the onions and garlic in frylight add the garam masala tumeric and paprika.. add a small amount of water.. stir in the chickpeas.. add the potatoes.. reduce down

Quorn

Make the basic mix

Quorn mince
Tinned tomatoes
Mushrooms
Peppers
onion
Garlic
Kidney Beans
Baked beans

Fry off the onion and garlic, add the quorn mince.. add all the other ingredients.

Then add herbs to make bolognaise

Chilli powder or chilli paste for chilli

And a small amount of stock made from bovril for shepherds pie.. just add a swede mash, or carrot and swede mash...for a change to plain mash

Out of one packet of quorn mince I have made enough for 4 dinners 2 shepherds pies one chilli and one bolognaise

creamy scrambled eggs -

3 eggs, scrambled til 'almost' done (ie; still slightly runny)

put in a dish and add half a tub of quark, and loads of peeper and some salt.

yummmm!!! and free too :D

Free Green Day Recipes

Hi all,

Does anyone have any tastey recipes which are either free or low syns on a green day?

They all sound lovely, will have to give them a go. I make the same quorn base as Emski and add different flavours. Added pickled beetroot the other day and it was lovely, sounds weird but very nice. xxx

Hummous and Quick recipes asap pls

Im going shopping in an hour or so, and wondered does anyone have a exact recipe for syn free hummous as we want to give it a go.

Also were at the end of week 1, too many muller lights I think but all in all ok, just need to cut down on the yogs lol. But were struggling for meal ideas, I know there are recipes but can someone give me some quick meals you can throw together on both green and red days, something easy to make, but filling, not bothered if syns are included, as long as not many, just need more ideas, we spent the first week having lots of bacon, mushrooms, eggs and Potatoes. Fancy a change

Im going shopping in an hour or so, and wondered does anyone have a exact recipe for syn free hummous as we want to give it a go.

Also were at the end of week 1, too many muller lights I think but all in all ok, just need to cut down on the yogs lol. But were struggling for meal ideas, I know there are recipes but can someone give me some quick meals you can throw together on both green and red days, something easy to make, but filling, not bothered if syns are included, as long as not many, just need more ideas, we spent the first week having lots of bacon, mushrooms, eggs and Potatoes. Fancy a change

Quick Beef Stew:-

2 cans of stewing steak
2 cans of baby carrots
2 cans green beans
1 can sliced mushrooms

Open and the cans and combine all the ingredients. Heat. Serve with HEXB of jacket wedges (Free on Red)

Chicken Kebabs:-

2 tbsp l.f.n.yogurt
2 tbsp lemon juice (I use bottled lemon juice)
2 tsp ground coriander
2 tsp Cajun Seasoning
some chilli flakes (to your liking)
1 tsp garlic salt
1/2 tsp ground ginger.
4 chicken breasts
(serves 2 or 4)

Cut chicken breasts into bite sized peices. Place in a bowl and then add all the other ingredients. Marinate for as long as possible. Then cook under the grill, or in a griddle pan until cooked through. Serve with salad and HEXB jacket wedges. (Free on Red)

Quorn Shepherds Pie

1 pack quorn mince
1 onion finely diced
2 cans baby carrots
1 can sliced mushrooms
1/2 pint stock made from beef bovril
1 tbsp tom puree
1 tbsp gravy granuals (2 syns)
5 potatoes to make mash
Grated cheese (HEXA), optional
salt and pepper

Pre heat oven to 180 degrees. Fry the onion in frylight until soft, then add the quorn mince. Cook over a med heat until mince is defrosted and cooked through. Then add the carrots, mushrooms, and enough stock until it's at the consistency you like. Then add the tom puree and then the gravy granuals. Cook for about 5 mins until everything is cooked through. Then put the mixture into an oven proof dish and top with your mash. Sprinkle your cheese on top of the mash (optional), then cook in the oven for about 1/2 hr. (Serves 2-4)

It's not a recipe, but Birds Eye do a frozen pasta meal which is free on green and is quite good.

The Penne Arrabiatta one is free on green but they also do one with meatballs and spaghetti which is only 5 syns.

Farmfoods has them for £1 each. They are handy if you are in a rush or can't be bothered cooking.

Hi all,

Does anyone have any tastey recipes which are either free or low syns on a green day?

I bought a SW mag ages ago with this recipe for Lentil soup in. Its so easy, quick and really delish...

Dice 1 large onion and 1 large carrot and fry in Fry Light for about 5mins until soft. Add 4oz no-soak Red Lentils and 2pts of veg stock plus 1tsp paprika, ½tsp garam masala and a pinch of cayenne pepper. Simmer for about 20mins till everything is cooked and then buzz with a thingy till smooth.
In the recipe it said to add left over veg like cooked broc or cauli but I like to add a tin of chick peas. Even my children like this soup. You only have to count the points for the stock, I worked it out as 3 syns for the whole batch and its very filling so one bowl is definitely enough!
Piglet x

Quick Chinese Noodles:-

ingredients

• 225g rice noodles
  • Frylight
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1 tablespoon soy sauce
  • 1/2 tablespoon chilli sauce
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 spring onion, chopped
preparation method

1. Bring a large pot of water to the boil. Add noodles, and cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until al dente; drain.
  2. Heat a large frying pan over medium heat and then spray with frylight. Sauté garlic until tender. Stir in noodles, and season with soy sauce, chilli sauce, salt and pepper. Sprinkle top with chopped spring onion.

Quick Chinese Noodles

Quick Chinese Noodles:-

ingredients

• 225g rice noodles
  • Frylight
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1 tablespoon soy sauce
  • 1/2 tablespoon chilli sauce
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 spring onion, chopped
preparation method

1. Bring a large pot of water to the boil. Add noodles, and cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until al dente; drain.
  2. Heat a large frying pan over medium heat and then spray with frylight. Sauté garlic until tender. Stir in noodles, and season with soy sauce, chilli sauce, salt and pepper. Sprinkle top with chopped spring onion.
Free on green

chicken & bacon quiche

enough cooked chicken and bacon to cover bottom of dish chop one onion sprinkle over it whisk 4 eggs and 1 tub cottage cheese with onion & chives or original and pour over add salt & pepper cook in oven for 30 mins or until set and brown this can be adapted by substituting chicken & bacon for anything else

its free on a red day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back