Desserts

Syn free lemon meringue pies
Ingredients:
300g quark
1 lemon, grate rind and juice
3 medium eggs, separated
4 tablespoons powdered artificial sweetener
Directions:
Preheat oven to 180°C / 350°F / Gas Mark 4.
Beat the Quark in a bowl to make it smooth and creamy. Add lemon rind and juice, egg yolks and 2 tbsp of powdered sweetener. Share between 4 small heatproof dishes or ramekins. Stand on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, whip egg whites in a grease-free bowl until they hold their shape. Whisk in remaining powdered sweetener.
Remove desserts from oven and put meringue mixture on top. Return to oven to bake for 5 more minutes, until golden brown.
If you dont fancy that you can go to the search bar (top of the message board) and type in dessert or cake etc and recipes will come up hun

---------
Choc amaretto mousse

found it on the SW web site.....
This chocolatey pud is perfect for rounding off a Food Optimising meal
and it's just 4½ Syns on both choices!
Serves: 4
Syns per serving: 4½ Syns on Green and Original
ingredients
57g/2oz plain chocolate
2 tablespoons Amaretto liqueur
170g/6oz quark skimmed milk soft cheese
3 eggs, separated
1 tablespoon Canderel
fresh mint leaves and raspberries to decorate
method
1. Place the chocolate and Amaretto liqueur in a small mixing bowl with 1 tablespoon of water, place over a pan of simmering water until the chocolate has melted. Leave to cool for about 5 minutes.
2. In a separate bowl, beat together the quark, egg yolks and Canderel until smooth, then fold into the cooled chocolate and Amaretto mixture.
3. Whisk the egg whites until they form soft peaks, then carefully fold into the chocolate mixture. Pour into 4 individual serving bowls and chill for 2 hours or until set.
4. Serve decorated with fresh mint leaves and a few raspberries.
Please note: The government advises that because of a very slight risk of salmonella, vulnerable people such as the elderly, babies and pregnant woman should not eat
raw eggs.

mmmm StephCracknell that sounds gorgeous :) i tried the Chocolate mousse and that is really nice!

The lemon meringue pies sounds lovely, might try that over the weekend!

KAHARI CHICKEN CURRY - Free on Red (as far as I know!)

450g Chicken Breasts - Skinned and Cut into Strips
1/2 Pint of Water
Fry Light (Or you can use Veg Oil if you want to use a few syns)
2 sml Bunches of Spring Onions Roughly Chopped
1tsp Grated Ginger
1tsp Crushed Dried Red Chilli
2tbsp Lemon Juice
2tbsp Chopped Corriander
2tbsp Mint
3 Tomatoes Seeded and Roughly Chopped
1tsp Salt

Put Chicken and Water into a large pan, bring to boil and lower heat to medium, cook for about 10 mins or until water has evaparated and the chicken is cooked. Remove pan from heat and set aside.

Spray large pan with fry light or oil (whichever your using) add spring onions and stir fry for about 2 mins until soft, add the boiled chicken strips and stir over medium heat for about 3 mins or until chicken has browned.
Add ginger, chilli, lemon juice, corriander, mint, toms and salt and stir gently for a few mins!
Serve with Rice (HEB) or treat yourself to some poppadoms or naan as syns!

Hope you enjoy - I'm cooking this for the first time myself tonight so hope it tastes as good as my dad's!

Will definitely try that curry soon! Yum :)

Ooh what lovely recipes you've all got! I love the sound of the Chicken Milanese someone posted earlier - my favourite restaurant does garlicky chicken milanese with chips and spaghetti dripping in olive oil...honestly it is absolutely gorgeous! So its great to have a free version of it!
I sturggle on Red and am a terrible cook so tend to make this quick and easy club sandwich for 2 syns and 1 HEB:

3 x slices WW bread (HEB)
Heaps of bacon
Chicken breast
Hellmans Extra light mayo (2 syns)
Lettuce
Tomato

Just grill your bacon and chicken, toast the bread, spread with 1 tbsp Hellmans X light and then stuff it in in layers of chicken, bacon and salad.
Sorry it's not very complex, like I said, not exactly a domestic goddess!

Hey all...not sure if anyone has seen this website b4???? It's a little old by the looks of it so it would be worth rechecking syn/HE values but some great ideas here...Vxx
143 Slimming World Recipes

Found this earlier.....
Vanilla Pannacotta
Serves 4
Syns per serving: Green FREE, Original FREE

Ingredients:
200g/7oz Quark
5tbsp artificial sweetener
1tsp vanilla extract
2 x 200g pots Mullerlight vanilla
1 x 10g sachet gelatine
1 egg white
Mint leaves to garnish

1. Whisk Quark, sweetener, vanilla extract and yogurt in a bowl until smooth
2. Put 2tbsp hot water in a small heatproof bowl and sprinkle with the gelatine. Stand the bowl in a saucepan of hot water and stir until the gelatine has dissolved. Cool slightly then whisk into the yogurt mixture.
3. Beat the egg white to soft peaks. Gently fold through the yogurt mixture then spoon into 4 individual moulds. Chill in the fridge 3-4 hours until set.
4. When ready dip moulds in hot water for a few seconds the unmould onto individual plates. Garnish with mint leaves.

"quick" Pasta Cake

serves 4
syns per serving with parmasan
original:8
green: 1
without parmasan
original:7
green: free

preparation time: 10mins
cooking time: about 20 mins

ingrediants
Fry Light
6 spring onions trimmed and finely sliced
2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
2 tomatoes, deseeded and finely chopped
1 red pepper deseeded and finely sliced
200g/7oz fresh or frozen peas
25g/1oz fresh basil leaves chopped
400g/14oz cooked short shape pasta such as penne, fusilli, farfalle
6 eggs
4 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
2 tbsp finely grated parmasan cheese optional salt and freshly ground black pepper

to serve
green salad

1. spray a non stick lidded pan with fry light and add the spring onions and garlic. stir-fry over a medium heat for 1 minute and then add the tomatoes, red pepper and peas. stir-fry for 4-5 minutes and then add the basil leaves and cooked pasta.

2. beat the eggs in a large bowl, stir in the shopped herbs and parmasan cheese, if using. season well and pour over the pasta mixture, cover the pan and cook for 10minutes or until the base is set.

3. pre-heat the grill to medium hot, place the pan under the grill and cook for 4-5 minutes or until the top is set and golden. remove and allow to sit for 5 minutes before carefully turning out onto a hopping board. serve warm or cold, cut into wedges and with a crisp salad.

sounds lovely might give that a go on my next green day. Thanks for that. xxx Loobylou

Bombay Bhajis & Cucumber Raita.

Bhajis
Fry Light
1 medium onion, chopped
170g/6oz potatoes, cooked and chopped
227g/8oz canned chickpeas, drained
1 egg beaten
1/2 tsp baking powder
2tsp dried Bombay mixed spice
1 tsp dried mixed herbs
salt and freshly ground black pepper

Raita
1/2 cucumber, chopped
Salt
113g/4oz very low fat natural yogurt
4 spring onions, chopped

Instructions
1. To make the raita, place the cucumber in a colander, sprinkle with salt and leave for 30 minuites. Dry well and transfer into a bowl. Stir in the yogurt and spring onions and chill until ready to serve.

2. To make the bhajis spray a non-stick frying pan with Fry Light and cook the onion for approximately 5 minutes until tender. Transfer to a bowl, add the potato and chickpeas and mash together. Stir in the remaining ingredients and form into 20 small balls.

3. Arrange the bhajis on a baking tray that has been sprayed with Fry Light. Bake in a preheated oven at 220 C / Gas 7 for approximately 15 minutes until golden. Serve immediately with the cucumber raita.

This is out of the 100 green recipes book.

Mmmmmmm These Recipes Sound Delicious I've Got My Shopping List Ready As I'm Starting The Diet Today And Going To Join A Class On Wednesday With All This Jummy Food I'm Actually Looking Forward To The Diet:) And My Whole Family Will Eat This With Great Pleasure......no More Me Serving Myself A Pathetic Looking Ww Meal And Staring Longingly At What I've Cooked For Everyone Else These Ideas Are Defineatly Family Favourites Xx

cous cous cake make up some cous cous till soft add sweetner to how sweet you want it , vanilla muiller yogurt, beaten egg and mix well. pour into a cake tin sprayed with fry light and level off and cook in med oven till browned. [sin free without toppingon green day] topping vlf creme fraiche mixed with 1 tspn lemon curd and spread over cooled cake:D

:gimi:Lasagne [meat sauce] dry fry some onions till golden add garlic, italian herbs and beef stock cube and passatta and stir well simmer 10 mins. [cheeses sauce] in a blender mix a tub of cottage cheese or quark with a beaten egg 3 vlf laughing cow and a little milk . To assemble pour some meat sauce on bottom of dish spread over some cheese sauce then lasagne sheets continue finishing with lasagne and a layer of cheese sauce on top, sprinkle with 1oz of mature cheese then place in oven till bubbling and golden on top.

That sounds so nice, will try it on my next green day. Thanks for posting it. xxx Loobylou

Ok.... I'm slightly tempted by the cous cous cake, but is it actually nice or will it taste like poo??

Louise I thought it was awful, but others in my class thought it was lovely so give it a go!

I made a lemon couscous cake with quark a few weeks ago and it was ok. Better than nothing and it was free

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back