• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Recommend a quick meal...

sus_murf

Silver Member
S: 13st9lb C: 11st2.5lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 25.3 Loss: 2st6.5lb(18.06%)
I'm planning my meals for the week, and I will be late home Wednesday - my husband will be home before me - rarely happens, so I need a dinner for Weds night that I can either prepare the night before, or get out quickly as soon as I arrive home - any suggestions??

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

lolacola

Silver Member
S: 12st0lb C: 9st11lb G: 9st7lb BMI: 21.5 Loss: 2st3lb(18.45%)
I'd say go for an omelette. Chop all the veg for it the night before and put it in a tupperware box in the fridge, grate the cheese, and then all you have to do is crack a few eggs, throw it all in the pan and stick it on the hob. :D

WelshCake

Silver Member
S: 21st2lb C: 14st9lb G: 11st6lb BMI: 35.2 Loss: 6st7lb(30.74%)
Make up a batch of the bbq sauce, take a chicken breast per person wrap in bacon/ham add a generous dollop of sauce and a sprinkling of reduced fat cheddar, pop on a baking tray leave in fridge overnight - get hubby to make a bowl of salad and to pop 2 jacket spuds in the oven with the chicken (micro them first for a few mins)

sus_murf

Silver Member
S: 13st9lb C: 11st2.5lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 25.3 Loss: 2st6.5lb(18.06%)
Can hubby cook? Yeah, but he doesn't know he's on a diet!!!! I think I'll go with Welshcake's suggestion - I made up some BBQ sauce yesterday - he'll manage to put them in the oven.

fillymum

synful soul
S: 107kg C: 85kg G: 79kg BMI: 33.2 Loss: 22kg(20.56%)
Green day speedy supper or lunch............

1 tin chopped tomatoes, 1 tin baked beans, previously cooked potatoes and onions, 5 spice paste or powder to taste, dash of cumin, few chili flakes. Throw the lot in a pan, heat up.....instant meal and lush !!!

eternity

Gold Member
S: 16st6lb C: 9st6lb G: 9st6lb BMI: 24.1 Loss: 7st0lb(42.61%)
Spaghetti bolognese or chilli. Make up the meat sauce beforehand and cook the rice or pasta when you get home.

fillymum

synful soul
S: 107kg C: 85kg G: 79kg BMI: 33.2 Loss: 22kg(20.56%)
Spaghetti bolognese or chilli. Make up the meat sauce beforehand and cook the rice or pasta when you get home.

Good idea and if it is a green day use quorn mince.

Thanks Eternity, know what we are having tonight now.

my most fave quick meal is king prawn stir fry , bung a pack of beansprout and veg stir fry in a pan / wok with a bit of fry light and garlic , then add cooked king prawns , 4 laughing cow light (HE A) .. stir till melted .. yum yum ... and if you are on EE you could add some noodles too :)

Lumps

S: 12st0.5lb C: 12st0.5lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 26.4 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
My favourite quick meal : cook spaghetti, drain, add chopped green beans, cherry tomatoes, ham, and a spoonful of light philadelphia (needs to be synned). stir until heated through...yum!

You can buy SW one pot recipe book and pretty much most of the recipes you can do in the slow cooker!!!

Spag bol in the slow cooker after a long day coming home to the smells are amazing as is lamb shank, yum, yum :)

lolacola

Silver Member
S: 12st0lb C: 9st11lb G: 9st7lb BMI: 21.5 Loss: 2st3lb(18.45%)
Green day speedy supper or lunch............

1 tin chopped tomatoes, 1 tin baked beans, previously cooked potatoes and onions, 5 spice paste or powder to taste, dash of cumin, few chili flakes. Throw the lot in a pan, heat up.....instant meal and lush !!!
This sounds absolutely delish!!! I'll be making this for dinner one night this week for sure!