red and green days?

sweet-like-coco

Guys I still haven't joined slimming world as I am abroad till mid september but I have been reading up on it and the results seem amazing. The thing is I get that red days are meat and veg days and green is pasta days but what happens for example if you want a cheese sandwich? you couldn't eat that on either day could you? Or how about pizza? Or a chicken chow mein? Spaghetti bolognese? basically any dish that combines carbs and protein?

for spag bol and chow mein you would do extra easy, you are allowed carbs and meat/fish freely as long as each meal is 1/3 superfree (salad, most veg, fruit)

Your cheese would be a healthy extra a choice and your bread a healthy extra b choice. You get one of each on extra easy, or 2 of each on red and green.

I'm sure others will be able to give a longer reply, sat here with my 3 year old son atm! There's a lot more to it than this but on a red day you can have wholemeal pasta, beans, etc as a Healthy Extra, it's a measured amount. Similarly on a green day you can have lean meat as a HEX. On green and red days you get two HEXA (cheese and/or milk) and two HEXB which vary depending on the day. Your cheese sandwich would be a HEXA for the cheese and a HEXB for the bread, unless you didn't want wholemeal bread in which case you would have to count the bread as syns. Hope that helps a little!

Would i be able to do red and green days and count the beef in the spag bol as a sin? I dont think extra easy would be as good for me

you could do that but I think the meat would be quite high in syns on a green day (don't quote me on that though as I've never done it!) You could have spag bol on a red day though and use wholemeal pasta as a healthy extra b

sweet-like-coco said:
Would i be able to do red and green days and count the beef in the spag bol as a sin? I dont think extra easy would be as good for me

Yes it would be a lot if syns unless you only wanted a tiny portion of meat! I'd either use Quorn mince, free on both, then you can have as much spaghetti and bolgonase as you like or go red and have roasted butternut squash (halve a squash and roast it, then scoop out the flesh) with the bolognase, I do that with chilli too and it goes really nicely!

Guys I still haven't joined slimming world as I am abroad till mid september but I have been reading up on it and the results seem amazing. The thing is I get that red days are meat and veg days and green is pasta days but what happens for example if you want a cheese sandwich? you couldn't eat that on either day could you? Or how about pizza? Or a chicken chow mein? Spaghetti bolognese? basically any dish that combines carbs and protein?

I think that you might be making the mistake that lots of people make, in thinking that SW is similar to food combining (like the Hay Diet), where you are not supposed to have protein and carbohydrates together. With SW you can have the two together - as other people have mentioned above.

Back