Red and Green Vs Extra Easy

peachy7

Silver Member
Do any of you still do red and green days? I notice the new food diaries are set up for just extra easy which doesnt really work for me!! Would be interested to know peoples opinions

cant say much about red and green as i aint ever did it but ee works for me :)

I do a mixture - red, green, ee and even mix2max. I like the variety and decide from day to day which plan to follow.
On balance though most of my days are red or ee.

I do red and green days .... not a fruit and veg lover so EE is no good for me :)

I tend to have an even number of red and green days now, whereas last time I did SW I had mainly green days (for financial reasons, it seems a lot cheaper!!). I'm enjoying the balance of red and green days this time round xx

Loads of people around here do red and green for a variety of different reasons. They all work so basically you should do what is right for you and your lifestyle

I find red and green days take too much thinking about and only ever do EE now...did start with the red and green though as I didn't believe EE would work...it proved me wrong :)

Since starting to January my mum and eye have been doing EE, I have lost nearly 3 stone where as she has lost only 10lbs in comparison. After both her and I putting on 5 and half lbs in 2 weeks we decided we needed a change, so we have moved groups and from Monday we have been doing red and green, so far had 2 red, 2 green and 1 EE. Will see tomorrow how it works for us when we way in. I like doing the red and green because of the extra healthy extras.. but then I also like not having to weigh a potato or measure out meat on EE!
They both have their pros and cons, will let you know tomorrow evening!

Ive only ever done EE but I know my friend prefers red as she feels she loses more and my sis prefers green as she is a carbaholic and is less lightly to throw herself off the wagon lol.

When Im 'on it' i like to buy myself a funky notebook and pen and have that as my food/goal diary :D

I do green quite a lot, because I don't really care whether I have meat/fish or not. I also do green if I am economising, because I will not buy cheap meat or fish - I would rather have none at all than compromise on quality.

If I am feeling a bit more extravagant, then I will have red days and treat myself to some free-range chicken or nice fish.

I might do Extra Easy if I want something like a chilli con carne, which has to have rice with it as far as I am concerned.

The thing is to do what suits you best - we are all different and react differently to the various plans. They all work, you just have to find which one works best for you.

I definitely prefer red, too many carbs dont work for me, when I used to do green days id never really lose but always have good losses on red.

I'm a vegetarian so it makes sense for me to stay on the green plan. I find two Hex a's and b's enormously useful, and the plan is working for me. There is such a wide variety of food that is free I am really spoilt for choice.

My consultant wanted me to do EE, but that's before I told her I am a veggie. Good luck with whatever plan you choose. X

I TRY to do a mixture during the week but more often than not its EE. I think its because I know I dont have to think about it as much and weigh the HE's I just know that as long as 1/3 is superfree Im fine.

I dont eat a lot of bread either so I manage fine with 1 HexA and 1 HexB which is always milk and cereal!

xx

Since starting to January my mum and eye have been doing EE, I have lost nearly 3 stone where as she has lost only 10lbs in comparison. After both her and I putting on 5 and half lbs in 2 weeks we decided we needed a change, so we have moved groups and from Monday we have been doing red and green, so far had 2 red, 2 green and 1 EE. Will see tomorrow how it works for us when we way in. I like doing the red and green because of the extra healthy extras.. but then I also like not having to weigh a potato or measure out meat on EE!
They both have their pros and cons, will let you know tomorrow evening!

How did your week go? So far I have done all red, weigh in is sat morning!!

I started on EE and struggled, not with the plan but with getting losses out of it, so now I do mostly red and green (roughly 50/50 split), and tend to save EE for days when I'm eating out, just because I find it fits better when I'm picking off menus or if someone else is cooking for me (at least, without me being dead fussy and banging on about how I can't eat this, that and the other!)

I do mostly green but sometimes red & never EE. I find that EE leaves me open to lose portion control!! Its bad enough that I can eat a plateful of pasta, but to add the meat too would mean i would definately put weight on!
cx

ive mostly just followed ee but have more increasingly doing red or green so i get the extra he's!

Back