Red and Green

Red and green are still plans you can follow but they are not explained at the new member talk. EE is the main focus of SW.

Consultants receive ongoing training and they must run groups as trained! I'm sure if you had a chat that green would be explained, it's just the main focus is EE.

I'm a new member and doing it at home because I can't afford the meetings, but I can't get my head around EE at all, I know the amount of superfree foods on your plate limits the carbs and meats and stuff, but still to me that would be eating basically like normal, and theres a reason i didnt lose the weight in the first place! I'm sticking with the green days, because I don't enjoy too much meat, and it allows me to eat carbs, but not the tons of bread and cake and sweet stuff i did before, which is what was making me gain the weight! If people like the green and red plans then deffo ignore the consultants, it has to work for you, not them!! :) x

I'm a new member and doing it at home because I can't afford the meetings, but I can't get my head around EE at all, I know the amount of superfree foods on your plate limits the carbs and meats and stuff, but still to me that would be eating basically like normal, and theres a reason i didnt lose the weight in the first place! I'm sticking with the green days, because I don't enjoy too much meat, and it allows me to eat carbs, but not the tons of bread and cake and sweet stuff i did before, which is what was making me gain the weight! If people like the green and red plans then deffo ignore the consultants, it has to work for you, not them!! :) x

No, don't ignore your consultant, talk to them!

I dont go to the groups as I'm too poor! But from other peoples stories I've read in this thread of their consultants making them feel bad about what they are doing even when they have talked to them, then they should ignore them if they don't listen! Of course chat to them first, but overall you have to do what makes you feel you can lose weight the best!

I dont go to the groups as I'm too poor! But from other peoples stories I've read in this thread of their consultants making them feel bad about what they are doing even when they have talked to them, then they should ignore them if they don't listen! Of course chat to them first, but overall you have to do what makes you feel you can lose weight the best!

It's perception though isn't it? Consultants are trained to do a job and red and green should be discussed as an option. I don't think a consultant would really make anyone feel bad but I think people may perceive it as being made to feel bad.

Oh of course they wouldnt do it intentionally, but someone can make someone feel bad about something without realising they are doing it. Its subjective, if that's how a person is made to feel, even unintentionally, it can make it difficult for some people to approach a topic again because they aren't confident. I totally agree with you there. :)

i really need the books! gonna have to bite the bullet and join a group for a week. do consultants get measured on attendance or numbers of people retaining membership or anything? i would only go for the book and wouldnt want to effect a consultants stats or anything?!

Why are you worried about affecting a Consultant's stats? :confused:You're paying for the books, so it's not like you'd be doing anything underhand!

I did S W years ago when it was only red and green, got to target beautifully then stopped going. Yes, I put it all back on plus interest! Started again Jan 2011 and got to target November 2011 and been at target ever since. I only do red and green, dont like salad and not too clever with veg. I tried ee for a week and just struggled so much decided to do red and green. Lost no problem. It is frustrating that these plans seem to be not mentioned anymore, certainly not in the new members talk and IT. And I totally agree, if it aint broke dont fix it. My c knows I got to target and still within target on red and green plans and she said it obviously works for me so to carry on, which I obviously am doing. Its not a one size fits all, we are all different and have different likes and dislikes. Tell your c you will be continuing with red and green as it suits you better. It is still used otherwise the new packs would no longer mention them. If you do a plan you are happy with you are far more likely to continue and have good results :)

It's perception though isn't it? Consultants are trained to do a job and red and green should be discussed as an option. I don't think a consultant would really make anyone feel bad but I think people may perceive it as being made to feel bad.

Its not as though she made me feel bad - just awkward. They are only trained to a certain ability and each consultant is obviously going to come across differently when trying to encourage something new or different, that's personality.
But in my experience the Consultants I had made positive points about EE and would sometimes it seemed quite deliberately skip over any chat about green and original days. Every person I come across was always confused with EE and wasn't convinced by it. But if the consultant is told to push something hard and encourage it no matter what some people can come over a little demoralising and harsh whilst others have the natural ability to convince without the domineering attitude. EE never worked for me simply because I don't want to eat a one third of veg/fruit with or in every meal...I got sick of it. But for some it seems to suit :)

Why are you worried about affecting a Consultant's stats? :confused:You're paying for the books, so it's not like you'd be doing anything underhand!

I know I wouldn't be doing anything wrong but I would feel bad if the consultant was trying to keep their stats up... I'm the kinds person who feels bad a lot LOL x

I know I wouldn't be doing anything wrong but I would feel bad if the consultant was trying to keep their stats up... I'm the kinds person who feels bad a lot LOL x

Im a little like that Nettie I always feel guilty for nothing and look guilty when I'm innocent lol xx

Im a little like that Nettie I always feel guilty for nothing and look guilty when I'm innocent lol xx

Lol me too. And I am a rubbish liar. Even if I'm messing about and trying to wind someone up they know straight away x

I always do red or green, may have the occasional ee day. I prefer red or green for more healthy extras :)

Last edited:
Although i've only just started this time, on my numerous previous trips through SW, red and green has always worked best for me - actually first time round I used to do 'gold' - which was alternate red and green days (anyone remember that lol?!) and I lost 3 stone. When I've done EE, I have lost, just not as quickly. This is just my opinion but i think that EE is designed a bit more to reflect a way of eating for life - not as structured so is easier in the real world and not as much of a shock when you get to target if that makes sense?

I'm going to do a mix of all 3 I think and see how I get on!

It makes perfect sense and I can imagine doing EE when I get to target as I think seems like a good tool to use that will keep me on track and keep myself in the SW frame of mind, I never want to put any of this weight back on, once it's gone it's staying away this time :)

I often alternated red and green but I don't remember anyone calling it gold :) was that just your consultant. It worked really well for me though. I see EE as more of a maintenance thing as well. I think it's something to do with the carbs for me that stop me losing

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

When I did red and green first time round I used to alternate between each every day. I dont remember it being called gold either! But hey, it was and still is gold to me as it works really well. Hubby is doing it too, tonight its Linda McCartney sausages (free), syn free chips, beans, and eggs. Who says you cant eat chips and be on a weight loss plan at the same time?? Not us S W ers eh :)

When I did red and green first time round I used to alternate between each every day. I dont remember it being called gold either! But hey, it was and still is gold to me as it works really well. Hubby is doing it too, tonight its Linda McCartney sausages (free), syn free chips, beans, and eggs. Who says you cant eat chips and be on a weight loss plan at the same time?? Not us S W ers eh :)

Which Linda McCartney sausages are free please? I've got an old book and it gives the value of 2 syns each. Thank you.

They are the red onion and rosemary ones, frozen. Best get to the shops before you get there I think ha ha. Asda and Tesco sell them! Believe they are lovely, hubby loves them. I dont like sausages myself but he says they are by far the best ones he has ever tasted. He is a meat eater but he says these are divine!

Really struggling to find these sausages! Will make it my mission when I get back to work on Thursday.....I have been on EE days most of the time, but after reading this thread I am considering alternating with red.....not a fan of pasta or rice ( chips my downfall!....try and stick to SWchips).

Back