Red and Green

If you do red you can still have some syn free chips. Just use one of your b choices for wedges. Yummmmmmmmmm :)

But you have to keep the skins on Holly's nan! LoL.

i LOVE Green days, having one now :) as long as you eat eggs and meat free products then you're still getting protein, and pasta/potatoes are really filling. You can make lots of naughty feeling foods on green days. I've never done a red day though

But you have to keep the skins on Holly's nan! LoL.

i LOVE Green days, having one now :) as long as you eat eggs and meat free products then you're still getting protein, and pasta/potatoes are really filling. You can make lots of naughty feeling foods on green days. I've never done a red day though

Yeh, in theory. I did say wedges which implies skins on but to be honest I always take the skins off and its never affected weight loss. (or should I be saying that)!!! :)

Hi everyone,
Me and my OH started SW yesterday from home, we have the most recent magazine and we are using the books from about a year ago. We are sticking to red and green (basically because this is what we feel comfortable with and know we can stick to) and i wondered if anyone could tell me whether the new books are still split into red and green days or is the extra easy the only focus?
does anyone else still do red and green days or am i just stuck in old ways?
Thanks in advance x

ive done purely red/green days and tried the e/e approach but in all honestly i think adding the e/e is just too blimmin confusing and have chosen to ignore it and stick the red/green.

xxx

I do only green days, not because I'm a vegetarian (because you can have meat on this plan or at least from the info I have you can and it's counted as a Hexb) but because if I eat too much meat I gain it all as weight.

I can't figure out EE for the life of me and it contains meat so it's not as if I would consider it even if I could actually work it out (slowly figuring it out though). Meat isn't a really big thing for me, and I don't miss it usually. I have never been a red meat eater and don't eat pork as such so that's pretty most meat other than poultry and fish which I can eat an not gain weight with.

I occasionally crave chorizo which will be my downfall, but I can incorporate it into my meals by using it as syns. I am a big carb eater and crave carbs a lot more then I do for meat based protein.

Being green fits into my life as that is what I do normally and I can follow the plan 100%. I guess if you try the plans and you find one or two work better for you then stick with those, everyone is different so what works for me may not work for someone else.

Only ever done extra easy, I though red and green were too confusing

muymmyclark, you have just proved my point, one size does not fit all. We are all different with differing tastes. I think we can all agree though that S W is so very good and healthy, and sustainable for life no matter which plan we follow :)

muymmyclark, you have just proved my point, one size does not fit all. We are all different with differing tastes. I think we can all agree though that S W is so very good and healthy, and sustainable for life no matter which plan we follow :)

I totally agree with you!! I have 2 teenagers at home one (my son) who loves his food and the other (my daughter) who is a strict vegetarian. I do mostly green days because I find it works out cheaper if you don't mind making a lot of stuff from scratch for a family with big appetites. My son will eat quorn and pasta and I don't think he really cares as long as his plates full and his belly is at the end.My hubbs thankfully will eat anything put in front of him. I get bored of original days and usually save them for Sundays when I do a big family roast and my other son and his partner come round to eat.

I think Slimming World is actually the only organisation in the diet industry that doesn't try to fit everyone into the same slot....and it's still working after all these years.

I totally agree with you!! I have 2 teenagers at home one (my son) who loves his food and the other (my daughter) who is a strict vegetarian. I do mostly green days because I find it works out cheaper if you don't mind making a lot of stuff from scratch for a family with big appetites. My son will eat quorn and pasta and I don't think he really cares as long as his plates full and his belly is at the end.My hubbs thankfully will eat anything put in front of him. I get bored of original days and usually save them for Sundays when I do a big family roast and my other son and his partner come round to eat.

I think Slimming World is actually the only organisation in the diet industry that doesn't try to fit everyone into the same slot....and it's still working after all these years.

100% agree there mrs x

I was going to try an extra easy day today but I just couldnt do it, it didnt feel right!
I've only had 1 green day this week, I love meat but I am starting to miss carbs a little. I think we are on green tomorrow, OH's sister is coming for tea and OH is making fish pie.... unfortunatly not SW friendly at all (lots of butter in the mash, very cheesy and a home made parsley sauce) so me and him are going to have something different. We will have pasta with a tomatoe and vegetable sauce :)

I think I would feel really deprived if I couldn't have me mega loads of taters and pasta. I always do a red day on a sunday for the roast and if I eat out because I normally have fish or steak with a massive salad....think my head would burst if I was forced to do EE not because I can't get my head around it but because it just doesn't feel right...not one bit!. Strange I know lol but I'm just from the old school :D xx

Hi
Just reading through this post as I lost 3 stone on green. Have put a stone back on but I am back on green again.
Just wanted to say you are amazing!!
Do you do a diary...would be interested to read your 'main' meals
Well done!!!
Julie x

Hi hun,
I did start a diary but I am rubbish at keeping it going.
If you have a look at my weight loss diary there are some bits and pieces in there. I eat very basic food to be honest, nothing fancy as I am funny with textures and I don't really like food in sauces either unless its a home made pasta sauce :)

Hi!

I'm starting SW on Monday and am following the old plan of green and red days. I tried SW a while ago when this was the only option and am now doing it from home so don't want to try the EE just yet!

Just wanted to say hello as this seems to be a good place to chat about green and red days!

Can you swap day to day? So I could have Monday as red and Tuesday as Green?

Thanks

:)

Back