1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

Red Day Red day dinner - Chicken with wholegrain mustard (and optional honey) sauce

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by Sticky, 10 June 2009 Social URL.

1. Sticky

Sticky I will succeed!!!

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World
    Chicken/turkey breast (to suit however many eating) - FREE
    Chicken stock made with oxo cube – FREE
    Wholegrain mustard – ½ syn per tbsp (this is plenty when I make it)
    Plain flour – 3.5 syns per tbsp (should be plenty to coat enough meat for two)
    Honey – 1 syn per tsp – I only use 1 tsp (optional extra – tastes good with or without)
    Garlic –FREE
    Salt – FREE
    Pepper – FREE
    Celeriac – FREE
    Carrots – FREE
    Frylight - FREE
    Flora Extra Light – ½ syn per tsp (I usually use 3 tsps)

• Put flour in a bowl and mix in some salt and pepper
    • Dice meat and roll in the flour mix (light coat only)
    • Heat some frylight in a deep frying pan and add garlic meat and gently fry until golden
    • Make some chicken stock with chicken oxo cubes (I’d say ½ pint per two people)
    • Add stock to the pan
    • Add mustard (to taste)
    • Add honey (optional)
    • Simmer together until the sauce thickens – add more stock as needed
    • Meanwhile boil some diced celeriac and carrots
    • Mash with some Flora Extra Light
    • Serve

TOTAL SYNS (for me): 6.5 syns

Hope you enjoy- it’s one of my faves and brilliant for a family meal too. It’s nice with mashed potatoes on green day, if you have enough syns left to cover the meat.

Plus, I suppose the flour can be cut out too – but I prefer it with (think it thickens the sauce)
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.