• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Red Day Help please?

iowsara

Hi everyone, I've not posted for ages after a long time being bad! But, I'm back on plan for the last week or so (lost 5lbs :D).

I've been doing extra easy which suits me well, I love lots of pasta, rice and potato and meat. However, my BF is coming for the weekend next week and he is doing a low carb diet. I'm thinking of doing red days as hopefully that will work well for both of us but I'm a bit stuck as what to cook, especially for lunches I think.

Any ideas would be gratefully received. Thank you :)

Sara

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

Debridger

Getting back to Target
well, how about some homemade, syn free soup, either just veg, whizzed up so it's thick, or strain the veg out so you have a thin soup and add some shredded chicken. Maybe a big prawn & egg salad, or ham, beef etc - you don't need to stick to just one flavour.
Dinner, how about a casserole, leaving out the potatoes or (some don't like it) liver & bacon, big juicy steak and 'nice' veg, baby corns, mange toute, asparagus etc, you can often get a small mixed tray at the supermarket. A nice piece of fish cooked in foil in the oven.
That's all I can think of ag the mo - hope it spurrs you on to some other ideas.
Enjoy you're time together

kim63

Gold Member
How about homemade burgers, griddled mushrooms & salad/roasted veg....one of my fave meals on a red day

Kristel

How about stuffed peppers? I usually chuck in whatever I've got home from lean mince, quorn, onions, garlic, tomatoes...