Red Day Help please?

iowsara

Hi everyone, I've not posted for ages after a long time being bad! But, I'm back on plan for the last week or so (lost 5lbs :D).

I've been doing extra easy which suits me well, I love lots of pasta, rice and potato and meat. However, my BF is coming for the weekend next week and he is doing a low carb diet. I'm thinking of doing red days as hopefully that will work well for both of us but I'm a bit stuck as what to cook, especially for lunches I think.

Any ideas would be gratefully received. Thank you :)

Sara

well, how about some homemade, syn free soup, either just veg, whizzed up so it's thick, or strain the veg out so you have a thin soup and add some shredded chicken. Maybe a big prawn & egg salad, or ham, beef etc - you don't need to stick to just one flavour.
Dinner, how about a casserole, leaving out the potatoes or (some don't like it) liver & bacon, big juicy steak and 'nice' veg, baby corns, mange toute, asparagus etc, you can often get a small mixed tray at the supermarket. A nice piece of fish cooked in foil in the oven.
That's all I can think of ag the mo - hope it spurrs you on to some other ideas.
Enjoy you're time together

How about homemade burgers, griddled mushrooms & salad/roasted veg....one of my fave meals on a red day

How about stuffed peppers? I usually chuck in whatever I've got home from lean mince, quorn, onions, garlic, tomatoes...

Back