red days

Dawnyo

anyone got any lunch ideas for a red day. never done it before always ee, trying to get my head round it..

When I used to do red days I would have scrambled egg & bacon, chicken & gammon loaf (think the recipe was in one of the mags), veg soup, any type of cooked meat with salad. You could also use one of your HeB's for a sandwich too

I'm trying to get my head round the red days too, I today had a baked potato with egg mayo (made with extra light salad cream) and salad I precooked the pot the night before and then reheated in microwave. Also a baked potato with coleslaw - which I made. Very filling and very tasty....

At least I hope these are ok on red days or I'm in trouble......

your jacket spuds would need to eb a heb hun so need weighing ...i used to have them on red plan with tuna and salad

Typical red day lunches for me are things like stuffed mushrooms, omelets, various kinds of salad, home made soups - I admit though, I find I get stuck with red days - I think I'm a bit of a carb-o-holic!

I'm trying to get my head round the red days too, I today had a baked potato with egg mayo (made with extra light salad cream) and salad I precooked the pot the night before and then reheated in microwave. Also a baked potato with coleslaw - which I made. Very filling and very tasty....

At least I hope these are ok on red days or I'm in trouble......

Think you're mixing up Red with Green. RED is for MEAT being free. Potatoes (and also pasta/rice etc ie carbs) need synning or HEXing and are definitely not free on Red. (They are free on Green, where you syn/HEX meat instead).

You get 230g baking potato including its skin, or 200g new potato including its skin as 1 HEXB, and you can have 2 HEXBs a day on Red :)

What about SW quiche - make night before
Add bacon or ham with mushrooms, onions & peppers

or what about leftovers from night before x

Often my lunches end up neutral/superfree for instance home made soup, cottage cheese, fruit, yogurt

Otherwise, slices of cold meat/chicken/prawn/tuna/boiled egg salad. Leftovers from main meals (yesterday I had spicy Italian meatballs)

If I'm at home, bacon and scrambled egg with tomatoes and mushrooms, or an omelette

Back