Red Days RED DAYS

amyz247

Hello can anyone help me, i have always done green days and managed to get shut of 5 stone 9 1/2 lb but iv come to a stand still over the past month. Im going to try a few red days see if that helps but iv no ideas on wot to eat as iv never done it on red before.
Please can i have some basic food ideas from you all xxx:eek:

breakfast options:

heb of toast with scrambled eggs with peppers,onion, mushrooms etc mixed in

poached egg on heb toast, a pear and an apple

soft boiled egg with marmite soldiers, 2 satsumas

Bacon (fat removed), egg, weight watchers sausages (half a syn each, there are various low syn sausages), cherry tomatoes, grilled mushrooms,

chopped up fruit and yogurt, you can add a heb of cereal too if you like

field mushroom grilled, add wilted spinach and sliced leeks cooked in fry light on top, pop on some ham, top with a poached egg.

Lunches:

Club salad (in the current issue of sw magazine)

mini chicken fillets, cooked in fry light, layer on left over pasta sauce (I always have some in the fridge), top with a hea of cheese and pop under the grill to melt. serve with a big leafy salad.

tuna or salmon nicouise (yep, i can spell it, a salad with lettuce, tinned tuna, hard boiled eggs, green beans a heb of new potatoes- 200g raw weight, other superfree salad items)

chicken thighs, remove skin and roast in the oven, you can use various marinades, i tend to sling on some lemon juice and oregano usually, serve with steamed broccoli, carrots and any other superfree veg you like. you can add a heb of a 230g (raw weight) baking potato :)

A superfree stir fry topped with grilled fish or meat, or slice up beef/pork/chicken and add when stir frying.

sw quiche, I like adding chopped up cooked bacon, onions and a hea of feta cheese (50g per serving) topped with slices of tomato. Again, serve it with any superfree veg/salad you like. just as good cold as hot.

Slices of ham, stuff with grated cheese (hea) and salad rolled up

Sorry most of my lunches are hot, I'm a stay at home mum so it is just an example of things i like to make.

Dinner:

roast chicken, a 230g raw weight baking potato, or 200g raw weight new potato, par boiled then roasted, carrots, cauliflower and broccoli

various casseroles, chicken, bacon, celery, onion, carrot, stock, baby mushrooms, a tin of tomatoes, and other superfree veg I have lying around to throw in the pot.

grilled seabream, (about 4-6 minutes each side for an average sized one, i pop in some lemon slices and fresh dill), a heb of new potatoes, boiled, green beans and broccoli.

Soup, there are a lot of soups that are just superfree vegetables. my favourite soup is the italian chicken one, it is chopped up bacon, diced onion, crushed garlic, cooked chicken torn into strips, grated carrot, i like to pop in grated courgette too, tinned tomatoes, lemon juice and oregano. it's lovely.

Hope these are a few ideas, i tend to always save a heb for my evening meal. That's just how i prefer it... i love potatoes.

Oh those ideas are fantastic. I have been doing EE but really want 2lb at least off this week to get my 1stone award so might try red for a change ;)

amyz247 said:
Hello can anyone help me, i have always done green days and managed to get shut of 5 stone 9 1/2 lb but iv come to a stand still over the past month. Im going to try a few red days see if that helps but iv no ideas on wot to eat as iv never done it on red before.
Please can i have some basic food ideas from you all xxx:eek:

That's great for your weight loss so far, well done! How long did it take so far? I have 7 st to lose.
For red my typical day would be -

B - fruit salad, Muller yogurt

L - beans on toast heb x 2, grapefruit

T - pork loin/chicken, couple low syn sausages, and veg x

I switch sometimes between EE and Red! I love doing EE but find i lose more when i am doing Red but i cant do Red all the time because i miss my carbs lol!!
I lost a stone in May going between EE and Red but put it all back on :sigh: no ones fault other than my own but workin hard to get it back off and guna try do more red and some of the above meals sounds gawjus!
xx

breakfast???

I switch sometimes between EE and Red! I love doing EE but find i lose more when i am doing Red but i cant do Red all the time because i miss my carbs lol!!
I lost a stone in May going between EE and Red but put it all back on :sigh: no ones fault other than my own but workin hard to get it back off and guna try do more red and some of the above meals sounds gawjus!
xx

what could i have for breakfast that avoids using my hb? xx

That's great for your weight loss so far, well done! How long did it take so far? I have 7 st to lose.
For red my typical day would be -

B - fruit salad, Muller yogurt

L - beans on toast heb x 2, grapefruit

T - pork loin/chicken, couple low syn sausages, and veg x

Hello oasis, how are you? i started on 11th aug 2011 so its a year exactly xx

That's great, you've done so well. Me not so much, I only lost a lb this week. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, I have so much to lose I thought I'd atleast get a couple of good losses in the beginning but I'm not giving up x

That's great, you've done so well. Me not so much, I only lost a lb this week. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, I have so much to lose I thought I'd atleast get a couple of good losses in the beginning but I'm not giving up x

Keep at it chick and u will see results, iv also come to a stand still iv not lost owt in a month thats why im trying some red days to try give me a boost, any breakfast ideas for me hunny without using hb x

why dont u try something like poached eggs and beans i love that and its like comfort food too me or how about a 'fry up' sausages bacon eggs mushrooms beans? if not i wud say maybe just fruit? i do like my cereal in a morning n normally on a weekend maybe have a cooked breakfast xxx oes that help?xxx

amyz247 said:
Keep at it chick and u will see results, iv also come to a stand still iv not lost owt in a month thats why im trying some red days to try give me a boost, any breakfast ideas for me hunny without using hb x

I like sausage, bacon, egg and you can add mushrooms, toms etc (I don't like them though) for breakfast on red day. Syn the sausage and it keeps me full for ages x

amyz, muller lights have the same value on all plans. most are free, the cherry underlay one is 1.5 and the cheesecake ones have syns too. On red and green you can choose once or twice from the healthy extra a section, and twice from the extended healthy extra b section, so you don't have to save your b. if you want to you could make an omlette, fill it with mushrooms or spring onions or use one of your healthy extra a choices on cheese, and then serve it with grilled mushrooms and tomatoes. The special eggs florentine i listed (field mushroom with leeks, spinach, ham and egg) doesn't use your heb, or simply fruit and yogurt :)

Yes I was going to say chopped up fresh fruit and yoghurt. I do a lot of red days and find a huge bowl of strawberries keeps me going until lunch with the yoghurt on top. I then have a b choice with tea, I also love potatoes, then 2 alpen lights before I go to bed with my hot choc options and rest of my milk allowance. Simples mwah x

well ladies iv manage a full day of being in control :D. For breakfast i had muller with blackberrys, dinner i had a cooked breakfast, bacon,mushrooms,sausages egg and toast as a hb. For tea iv had omelettes which i used onions and bits of gammom served with a big salad. In-between meals iv been snacking on fruit all day xx

amyz247 said:
well ladies iv manage a full day of being in control :D. For breakfast i had muller with blackberrys, dinner i had a cooked breakfast, bacon,mushrooms,sausages egg and toast as a hb. For tea iv had omelettes which i used onions and bits of gammom served with a big salad. In-between meals iv been snacking on fruit all day xx

Sounds good! I often have muller light, handful of blueberries, raspberries, blackcurrants and crumble an alpen light bar (3 syns or 1/2 hexb) for brekkie. Fills me right up!

Lunches are often salads with tuna, ham or boiled eggs. Or an omelette, or big mushrooms stuffed with fat free cottage cheese or cheese from hexa.

Dinners - fish & veg, shepherds pie with root veg mash, stir fry.

I use butternut squash as mash substitute, grated cauliflower can be rice substitute (nice with a curry), beansprouts as noodle substitute. Or obv you can have a small amount of 'real' carbs as hexb.

I've always done red days, working ok for me.

5 stone loss is A-MAZING!! :)

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MiniMins

Back