Red Days Red Meal ideas!

On Red days I would normally have either...

Chilli with ryvita (HE B) and Philadelphia (HE A)

Bowl of chicken curry/jalfrezi with lots of chicken & veg

Chicken breasts coated in Schwartz Chargrilled Seasoning with lots of veg (brocolli, B.sprouts, carrots, butternut squash etc and some gravy

Chicken/ham salad

Bolognese with Ryvita & Philadelphia

Can't think of anything else at the minute :)

I think using Ryvita & Philadelphia alongside chilli or spag bol is ingenious!

Thanks Cupcake!

Me too re the rivita and philly idea. Fantastic. Never thought of it.

I often make chips from bns and celeriac. I love them and feel like I'm having chips :D I also make roasties with bns and celeriac to fool my mind into thinking I am having potatoes :)

A lazy red day tea for me a sw quiche made with bacon and onion, bns and celeriac chips nom nom nom

I also love chilli with bns wedges

(this is from a person that had never tried bns or celeriac before)

I made a chicken and bacon dish last night that took in one HEA and one HEB. It was delicious and I'm planning it again tomorrow night.

Chicken, bacon, asparagus, onion, mushrooms and garlic frylighted together. Melt a HEA of laughing cow lights in microwave with a spoonful of water till it goes 'saucy'. Mix the chicken and veg with the melted cheese and a HEB of pasta. Yum. It was gorgeous!

On teh subject of the pasta - I always have the tiny wholemeal pastas aimed at kids from Asda, rather than full size ones on a red day as they go further when mixed into something.

JackieN said:
Me too re the rivita and philly idea. Fantastic. Never thought of it.

I often make chips from bns and celeriac. I love them and feel like I'm having chips :D I also make roasties with bns and celeriac to fool my mind into thinking I am having potatoes :)

A lazy red day tea for me a sw quiche made with bacon and onion, bns and celeriac chips nom nom nom

I also love chilli with bns wedges

(this is from a person that had never tried bns or celeriac before)

I hated BNS the first tine I had it, then someone told me to roast it and now I think I'm addicted! In fact I get panicky when I haven't got one in, so I order another even I'd there's one n the fruit bowl lol!
Makes a lovely curry as it soaks up the flavours mmmm

I'm with the others on BNS - I often use it as mash or chips on a red day. Even make roasties out of it for my Sunday dinner! My fave red day meal is homemade burgers with cheese in the middle - it all melts and oozes out when you're eating it tastes really naughty! I have theses with an M&S w/m bun (57g each) and BNS wedges - AMAZING!

On Red days I would normally have either...

Chilli with ryvita (HE B) and Philadelphia (HE A)

Bowl of chicken curry/jalfrezi with lots of chicken & veg

Chicken breasts coated in Schwartz Chargrilled Seasoning with lots of veg (brocolli, B.sprouts, carrots, butternut squash etc and some gravy

Chicken/ham salad

Bolognese with Ryvita & Philadelphia

Can't think of anything else at the minute :)

never thought of having ryvitas instead, im not a great pasta lover
thankyou

HE all the time, you can have 4 original ryvita cripsbreads or 6 ryvita crackerbreads (yellow box) feel like i'm eating loads its great!

sorry if i have this wrong but it is the wholegrain crackerbreads that you can have 6 of as a healthy extra in a smaller brownish box not the yellow box

metrognome said:
sorry if i have this wrong but it is the wholegrain crackerbreads that you can have 6 of as a healthy extra in a smaller brownish box not the yellow box

No the box is definitely yellow, there are lots of other crackers you can have but the 2 mentioned are the ones I use :)

Do you use SW Online? This will tell you all the crackers you can have :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

vanilla_cupcake said:
No the box is definitely yellow, there are lots of other crackers you can have but the 2 mentioned are the ones I use :)

Do you use SW Online? This will tell you all the crackers you can have :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Are they the Ryvita crackerbreads you eat? As if so, the previous poster was correct-it's the original ones in the yellow box, and the Wholegrain ones come in a smaller box! And I'm not sure if the HEb allowance is different for them :)

**Have just double checked on lifeline online as you made me doubt myself, and I was correct! As was the previous poster-the original Ryvita crackerbreads, that come in the long yellow box are NOT a B choice! It IS the Wholegrain ones which come in the smaller dark box that are 6 for a HEb! Just be careful with things like this-what can seem like a small thing could make a difference! :)

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/187905-jos-journey-infinity-beyond.html

Last edited:
On teh subject of the pasta - I always have the tiny wholemeal pastas aimed at kids from Asda, rather than full size ones on a red day as they go further when mixed into something.

Great idea! Never thought of that!!

OK so these arent a HEB?

BRE006.JPG

I'm with the others on BNS - I often use it as mash or chips on a red day. Even make roasties out of it for my Sunday dinner! My fave red day meal is homemade burgers with cheese in the middle - it all melts and oozes out when you're eating it tastes really naughty! I have theses with an M&S w/m bun (57g each) and BNS wedges - AMAZING!

Silly question but how do you mash it?? lol just like you would potatoes: boil and then mash??

I had a similar burger with a babybel in the middle the other day, very yummy!

Are they the Ryvita crackerbreads you eat? As if so, the previous poster was correct-it's the original ones in the yellow box, and the Wholegrain ones come in a smaller box! And I'm not sure if the HEb allowance is different for them :)

**Have just double checked on lifeline online as you made me doubt myself, and I was correct! As was the previous poster-the original Ryvita crackerbreads, that come in the long yellow box are NOT a B choice! It IS the Wholegrain ones which come in the smaller dark box that are 6 for a HEb! Just be careful with things like this-what can seem like a small thing could make a difference! :)

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/187905-jos-journey-infinity-beyond.html

OMG!!!! :eek: You are so right!!!!! I'm going to have to text my consultant, she told me only last week they were 6 as a HE B and she even has them sitting on the table with a 6 sticker on them, thank God i've only used them once as a HE B, I always used the Original red packet as my HE B!

So sorry for misinforming everyone :eek:

thanks!!

Back