1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

Original Red Packed Lunch Ideas?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by MidwifeKim, 20 May 2009 Social URL.

1. MidwifeKim

MidwifeKim Full Member

Slimming World
    Hi All,

I am trying to do some weekly plans to help me when i "can't decide" and i am doing a EE, Green and Red weekly plan. I have done EE and Green but red i am stuck on for what to have for my lunch at work.

We have a microwave, toaster and fridge so just need some red packed lunch ideas.

I tend to use 1 HEa and HEb for breakfast on work days (cereal and milk!) so still have 2 HE's to go, but do try to avoid using them with lunch if i can avoid so i can have a little potato or pasta with dinner!

Anyone care to share their red lunch ideas? :)
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

How about crab sticks? I love these with rocket, boiled eggs and a bit of sweet chilli sauce ( 2 syns )

How about left over bolognaise? This doesn't have to be eaten with pasta, it just as good with a bit of salad or in a bowl on it's own.

I'm not brill with red lunches and they do tend to be left over casseroles/soups/or salad based.

There was a recipe for a beef goulash soup in one of the mags recently, I think this was chunks of beef with tomatoes and veg and it looked lovely.

Hope that gives you a few ideas!
  4. henna!

henna! I can do this............

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    slimming world
    i have a great big salad with chicken and bacon pieces or ham or even tuna. Sometimes i try not to have hex a or b at breakfast then i can make a nice BLT sandwich for lunch with cherry tomatoes and pickled onions to pick at!
  5. Andy R.

Andy R. Time for a change

Slimming World
    on red i sometimes prepare morrisons free sauages and bacon rashers the night before and throw them in 2 brown slices of bread for ur other HEb. or make a SW quiche with ham and bacon, its all free and very tasty
  6. MidwifeKim

MidwifeKim Full Member

Slimming World
    Thanks for the ideas!
    I am not a fan of fish - which doesn't help, but the BLT and sausage sandwich sound good! As does the quiche...will have to have a hunt round for recipies! I think i need plenty of variation -there is only so much lettuce one can eat in a week! lol
  7. Frontier-Phil

Frontier-Phil Silver Member

Cooked chicken breast with L/cow and herb& garlic. Eaten cold sliced.
    These are great for pack ups

Phil x
  8. StaceyUK

StaceyUK Gold Member

Start Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World
  9. victorial85

victorial85 A moaning old boot!!!!

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming world
    I think I may have to pinch a few of these suggestions. They all sound so yummy!! :)
  10. moideux

moideux Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Slimming World Red
    Thought I'd bump this one up to as it from 2009!! anyone have any other ideas??
  11. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Weight Watchers
    Try searching for lunch threads there are around 400 there's also a sticky thresd in the recipe section
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.