Snacks RED PEPPER HOUMOUS

LittleMissCupcake

Minimins is the best!
I made a lovely red pepper houmous earlier....

- tin of chick peas (drained)
- 1 large red pepper (chopped) You can roast this in the oven first if you prefer, to make it even tastier!!
- 3 cloves of garlic
- Juice of half a large lemon
- 1.5 tbsp's of Very low fat fromage frais
- salt and pepper to taste

bung it all in the food blender and ..

BLITZ!!!

Enjoy! :)

Im doing EE and this is free, not sure about the other plans....

:)

Last edited:
never really tried humous, what does one do with it, is it a sauce or do we use it like a side salad?

sounds yummy what does EE stand for please?

Chickpeas are free on green and EE (extra easy) but you'd have to syn them on red ...... unless they're a HE on red??!?

Sounds lovely, I'll definitely give it a try.

J x

Hello,
Sorry I am french and do not understand everything.
Are chick peas that?

Do you cook them before blitz them?
How many grams is a tin of chick peas?
Thank you very much.

They look like chickpeas to me, yes :) From a tin you don't need to cook them. As for the weight I'm not sure because they weight on the can would be with the liquid and you drain them before using them. Sorry!

I love red pepper hummous, so much nice than the normal stuff.
If you have the time, I would recommend roasting the peppers in the oven first, peeling off the skins when cool and then blitzing together. It makes it really sweet.

I've not used fromage frais in it before but will try this. Thank you!

I love red pepper hummous, so much nice than the normal stuff.
If you have the time, I would recommend roasting the peppers in the oven first, peeling off the skins when cool and then blitzing together. It makes it really sweet.

I've not used fromage frais in it before but will try this. Thank you!

hi jaylou, yes you are right, ive cooked the pepper on every occassion since writing this thread...it tastes much nicer!! :)

I bought the ingredients for this today and will try and make some tonight - if I can find our blender - oops!

Houmous is great! I love that Ican have it with veg sticks whilst others dip crisps in and not feel like I am missing out (too much!).
Thanks for the recipe, I will try it tomorrow!

I had this tonight with ryvitas what a lovely recipe. I still have loads left to take to work tomorrow with veg sticks to snack on.

Do you think you would be able to use the grilled red peppers you get in the jar?? Would they still be free also?

As long as the peppers are those in brine and not in oil, then yep, free :)

I get my peppers from Lidl, can't find them in tesco or any of the other big supermarket unless they are in oil!

Yeah they are the ones I have too. It's a pretty big jar and it's pretty cheap! Have peppers in the oven to make the hummus so will try them this time and maybe try the grilled ones from the jar next time

Thanks a mil for the reply :)

I love this recipe, l used a red pepper with the skin on unroasted And added some yellow n red jalapenos and a sprinkle of cumin too. Omitted the fromage frais as didn't have any,its in the fridge ready for green day tomorrow,goin to have it with a jacket potato n salad :) tastes lush already n will be even better tomorrow :) Thanks for recipe much better than shop bought :)

Back