Red Pepper soup

Giggles2080

I made this for dinner last night along with the cheese scones that are posted on this site. It was pretty good, very simple to make. I added more garlic than called for because I love garlic! ;) The recipe is from the SW website, I think next time I would add some fresh basil to add a bit more flavour!

Red Pepper soup
Serves 4

Ingredients:
6 red peppers
12 plum tomatoes
4 garlic cloves
2 tbsp soy sauce
salt and freshly ground black pepper
fresh parsley to garnish

1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6.
2. Halve and deseed the peppers, place on a separate baking sheet and roast for 10 minutes. Halve the tomatoes, add to the peppers with the whole garlic cloves and roast for a further 40 minutes.
3. Remove the skin from the peppers, place in a food processor with the tomatoes, ½ pint/284ml water, soy sauce and seasoning to taste. Gently pop open each garlic clove by squeezing and add the garlic puree. Blend until smooth then place in saucepan.
4. Warm the soup through. Serve garnished with parsley. :eat:

Last edited:
Giggles2080 said:
I made this for dinner last night along with the cheese scones that are posted on this site. It was pretty good, very simple to make. I added more garlic than called for because I love garlic! ;) The recipe is from the SW website, I think next time I would add some fresh basil to add a bit more flavour!

Red Pepper soup
Serves 4
Free on a Green Day
3 Syns on a Red

Ingredients:
6 red peppers
12 plum tomatoes
4 garlic cloves
2 tbsp soy sauce
fresh parsley to garnish

2. Halve and deseed the peppers, place on a separate baking sheet and roast for 10 minutes. Halve the tomatoes, add to the peppers with the whole garlic cloves and roast for a further 40 minutes.
3. Remove the skin from the peppers, place in a food processor with the tomatoes, ½ pint/284ml water, soy sauce and seasoning to taste. Gently pop open each garlic clove by squeezing and add the garlic puree. Blend until smooth then place in saucepan.

This looks nice, but can you please tell me why it's 3 syns on red? But free on green? As I can't see anything that wouldn't free on red! Thanks

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/187905-jos-journey-infinity-beyond.html

Giggles2080 said:

Red Pepper soup
Serves 4
Free on a Green Day
3 Syns on a Red

Ingredients:
6 red peppers
12 plum tomatoes
4 garlic cloves
2 tbsp soy sauce
fresh parsley to garnish

Have just found it on the SW website, and you've made a mistake in copying it! The recipe on the site serves it with potato wedges which is why it's 3 syns on original, and as you've not put the potato wedges in, it should read as bring syn free on all plans! :) hope this helps :)

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/187905-jos-journey-infinity-beyond.html

Giggles2080 said:
You're right Welshtigger! Oops, my bad! Sorry, I forgot to add that it is originally served with potato skins and that is why it is 3 syns! I had copied the recipe to my note pad and left out the potato skins because my OH is sick to death of eating potatoes...hehehe

Here is the recipe from the SW website:

Red pepper soup with potato skins - Recipes - Slimming World

Ha ha!! I really thought I was going mad to start with as couldn't see anything in it that would have been synful on red! x

Back