Puddings Red Velvet Brownies

joclairey

Oh No.. not another scan bran recipe!

But bear with me - a healthy B choice, plus a decent whack of superfree, plus three syns for the lot (or 8 syns if not using the SB as your B choice!).

Ingredients

5 Scan Bran or 5 oat bran
2 eggs
80g cooked plain beetroot (not pickled though lol!)
3 level tablespoons of cocoa powder
5 heaped dessert spoons of sweetener
Frylight

Method

Boil the kettle and break up the scan/oat bran and cover in boiling water to soften.

While that is doing put the eggs, cocoa powder, sweetener and beetroot into the food processor and blend to a puree (beetroot doesn't have syns when pureed remember as it is a veg!).

Drain scan/oat bran off and add to the processor and blend again.

Spray a microwavable dish liberally with frylight and pour the mixture in which will look a deep pinky purple colour.

Microwave on high for about 8 minutes. Eat with a spoon. :eek:

Personally I prefer this done with Oat Bran, but then I prefer all SB recipes made with oat bran!

I can really recommend this recipe, thanks joclairey :D

IMAG1819-1-1.jpg

Definitely going to make this for my choc-obsessed sister! She's also doing SW and lost 6.5lbs in her first week! She deserves a (syn free) treat :) x

MissLMWilson said:
Definitely going to make this for my choc-obsessed sister! She's also doing SW and lost 6.5lbs in her first week! She deserves a (syn free) treat :) x

I wish I had a sister that made me lovely treats!

Quick question!!! I don't have a microwave (shock horror) do you think it'll work in the oven :) THX

I've cooked scan bran cake in the oven before even though the recipe says to microwave it, so you should be ok - it will just take longer :)

Cooks fine in the oven, I'd say about 25-30 mins on 180. Just make sure it's not squidgy in the middle :)

Stupid question from moi, do I have to buy a 'real dirty' lol beetroot and cook it? Or can you buy ready made beetroot minus vinegar? 'has never bought a real beetroot :0

Bunnylush said:
Stupid question from moi, do I have to buy a 'real dirty' lol beetroot and cook it? Or can you buy ready made beetroot minus vinegar? 'has never bought a real beetroot :0

I bought it ready cooked, you can get them most super markets or veg shops

It's coming up with advert Binty because I'm not registered probably. I picked some up in salad bit today and put it down lol, but I didn't read if vinegar or not, because I was contemplating it for salads not cake. Then I decided to use the jar I had at home for salads instead. I'll look next week x

Back