Redkoala's Weight Loss Mission 2009/10

Red you look fab in your before and after pics - what a difference 3 stones makes - truly inspired me now!! Day 1 of my "eating healthier and taking Xenical" - wish me luck!:p

Im doing good this week, although wish i never started to count calories just another thing i gotta manage now lol.

Well done mate 3 stone is a massive acheivment , do you think that the calorie counting is helping?? It's something I haven't done as yet but might start when the initial weight loss slows up.

Calorie counting is helping and im sure when i get to my goal and stop taking Xenical i can carry on with something that will keep me on the right track. So i'm finding it helpful to learn calorie counting.

Yeah, I find it useful to count calories too....although I'm not 100% strict about it. For instance, I don't measure the milk I have in my tea, or the portion of low-fat spread I might have on my toast.

I know a lot of people are succesful without counting calories, but I guess anything that teaches us a bit more about nutrition/portion control can only be a good thing :) After all, this is a lifestyle change, not a quick-fix.

I'd like to be able to get to a point where I can look at other things, like the amount of salt I'm eating, or the additives in my food, (as well as the calories and fat content) but for the moment I'm really not fussy - as long as it's low fat and not too high in calories, I'll eat it....:D

Hi, can I ask you experienced people whether you can take a day's break from the pill if you are having a special meal out? Or will you still get the side effects? Thanks, Ruth (Day 2 going well!)

I dont really believe in 'taking a day off' but i do how ever go out for lunches and meals with family and friends quiet alot. Best thing i find is to take a look before hand at their menu. And plan my meal, planning is the biggest factor of eating out this way you know what you're having and you dont have to worry about eating over.

Most places now a days will do a healthy option, if not stick to salad, jacket potatos veg lean meats you get the drift :)

Don't ever think cos you are dieting it has to effect your social life at all cos it doesnt. Aslong as you're aware of what you're eating you'll be fine.

Red

thats really great advice red!! thankyou

good luck for tomoz friday girl haha

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you katie :) I'll let you know how i get on :)

Couldnt get weighed yesterday i had whats known as winter sick bug. Feeling a lot better today thankfully its just a 24hr thing. I got weighed this morning and im pleased to say i have lost 5LBS!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe the bug helped lol.

Yay RK! dancey smiley for you!:greenapple:

woooop woooop big up to the red K woooooop!

nice one sunshine!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

That's fantastic Red, Well done You. x

I need glasses for driving! :( omg whats next a walking stick!!!!!!AHhhhhhh

ooooh red in glasses;);););)

how did weigh in go friday girl?

Back