Red's food diary - advice very gratefully received

Hello everyone - ahhh lovely replies, so nice to come home to.

Britmum I can't beliieve it is just two weeks - that's incredibly exciting and I think at this stage loosely following SW is pretty damn good, it's just odd eating when all your organs and stomach are squished by a person, you just eat what you can and boy do I remember that heartburn with my second, I think I just ived on milk towards the end.

Thank you Sausage and Jules xx

funcurls! Great to see you - I love that Tiger Tiger dressing, must visit your diary after this.

So today I did have a green day. We took the kids to this huge park all day, we had a picnic - so in the morning I made myself a bulgar wheat salad and when I was making breakfast I just added a couple more quorn sausages and chopped them into it too - and it was lovely. We got back late so the kids and OH had pizza (which smelled so nice - I miss pizza) I did visit the massive Asda though on the way home and got some nice SW friendly things I can't get nearer home and so I had the Asda chickpea dahl with some rice - it was sooooooooo nice. I love that stuff and it didn't take long to get ready more to the point! - aaand I didn't feel deprived of pizza becasue it is so yummy. I very much enjoyed having a green day today. I didn't really have enough superfree (I like to get it in whatever day I'm following) but that's ok it's only one day and I'll probably do EE tomorrow so I'll get lots in then.

Lovely day with the kids and OH today and here is the food:

Friday 7th April - Green

Breakfast – . Quorn sausages, 2 eggs, beans, mushroom, onion tomatoes

Lunch – . bulgar wheat salad (salad veggies) and 2 chopped up Quorn sausages

Tea – . Asda Chickpea Dahl and rice. – Mullerlight and strawberries

Snacks - .Highlights drink (2syns) and Hex’s

Syns – 1 vodka (3syns) = 5syns

HexA – .Babybel Lights
HexB - .Alpen Lights, Pagen Krisprolls

eta: actually looking back the superfree wasn't too bad, it was there, just could have been better.

Yesterdays food: Didn't have all my Hex's, I was full or many syns which wasn't great. I'm going to have mroe today though. Doing EE today.

Saturday 14th April - Green

Breakfast – . quorn sausages, egg, mushroom, tomato, onion, beans

Lunch – . Small portion left over lentil dahl and rice and Thai mugshot ( ½ syn) – apple

Tea – . Lentil bolognaise – used a splash of wine conservative estimate (2syns) with RF cheese on top (HexA), Mullerlight (half of it)

Snacks - .Banana, Highlights drink (2syns)

Syns –4.5

HexA – .Reduced fat cheddar 42g
HexB - .Alpen Lights

I know people have raved about that butter chicken, well I won't be making it with turkey again and possibly not with chicken either! I think my stomach is a bit iffy didn't add any syns last night - didn't feel like it and am feeling odd again ... anyway this is today so far:

Suday 17th April – Extra Easy

Breakfast – . Bowl of fruit (strawberries, apple, pineapple) and half a muller light

Lunch – . Omelette with turkey rashers , large salad 28g Kerry low low spread (3syns) Mullerlight.

Tea – . Butter turkey, lentil dahl and rice with side salad.

Snacks - . Couple of slices of chicken breast, some strawberries, Highlights dark choc (1.5syns)

Syns –4.5

HexA – .
HexB - .

Not the most healthy of days today but since it is a blip rather than the norm I'll try not to get too annoyed with myself over it. My tummy has been feeling funny since Saturday so tonight I just wanted something erm, processed (yes odd I know but I did - you know kind of bland ...) so a pretty unhealthy tea and well an odd day food wise. Definately not enough fruit and veg but I couldn't stomach them for some reason. Lots of syns too. Hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow:

Monday 18th April - Green

Breakfast – . Banana

Lunch – . left over lentil dahl and rice, 3 Pagen krisprolls (HexB) with 28g Kerry low low cheese spread (3syns), mug shot.

Tea – . 2 Quorn southern style burgers (5 syns) and pasta n’ sauce

Snacks - .Highlights dark choc (1.5syns), weetos bar (5syns)

Syns –14.5
HexA – .2 Babybel lights and 1 Laughing cow light
HexB - .Pagen krisprolls, Alpen Lights

Hey Red, don't feel bad! That all looks fine to me. Your Quorn burgers with pasta n sauce sounds dead yummy- proper studenty comfort food! MMMM!

I don't feel too bad - not really expecting a loss this week though. I'm doing EE today so am getting plenty of superfree in today, once in a while without it isn't a bad thing at all :D. I hardly ever use all my syns and it felt really bad, but what's the point in not ever using them fully?? So I did :)

I am totally loving that Kerry low low cheddar spread though for 3 syns - well worth it to me and today I had a Muller chocolate sprinkles with cherry underlayer for 2 and it was totally gorgeous!

Oooh I haven't tried the Kerry Low Low spread!! Must add to list!! So it's not a HEXa then is it?!!?!

Thanks for your support re my 1/2 lb loss hun!! I'm OK with it, it's just annoying when it takes 3 weeks to get rid of just 1 week's worth of over-indulgence!! Ha, a lesson learned!!!X

No not a HexA sadly - it's yummy though.

3 days worth of food then, I have been negecting my diary - I keep the diary on a document on my computer though so here they are:

Tuesday 19th April - Extra Easy

Breakfast – . Banana

Lunch – . Large mixed salad, jacket potato with tin of mackerel in tomato sauce mixed with ff fromage frais and chilli – Mullerlight choc. sprinkles and black cherry (2syns)

Tea – . Pork stirfry and noodles – garlic, ginger, chilli, soy marinade, lots of stirfry veg.

Snacks - . Mugshot, 3 Wholewheat crispbread (3syns) with laughing cow (HexA), Highlights drink (2syns)

Syns – 7

HexA – .Laughing cow
HexB - .Alpen Lights

Wednesday 20th April - Red

Breakfast – . Pink Lady apple

Lunch – . Superfree butternut squash soup, salad, wholemeal pitta (HexB) feta (HexA) olives (1syn) Tiger Tiger Dressing (1syn), some chicken breast slices. Mullerlight

Tea – . Cup superfree soup, salad, ½ small SW smoked salmon quiche (used 42g RF Cheddar on top as HexA) served with salad.

Snacks - . Highlights drink dark choc. (1.5syns)

Syns – 3.5

HexA – .Feta, RF cheddar
HexB - .wholewheat pitta, Alpen light

Thursday 21st April - Red

Breakfast – . Banana, 2 slices last night’s quiche (½ HexA)

Lunch – . Superfree butternut squash soup, salad with tin of tuna and 2 hard boiled eggs, wholemeal pitta (HexB) Tiger Tiger dressing (1syn)

Tea – . Turkey breast stuffed with feta wrapped in Turkey rashers, celeriac mash - Mullerlight

Snacks - . Highlights drink (2syns), Alpen Lights

Syns – 3

HexA – .Feta, some RF cheddar
HexB - .wholemeal pitta, Alpen Lights

Red Riding Hood said:
Weigh in today too - lost 1lb.

Yay!! Well done you! Xx

Saturday 23rd April - Green
Breakfast – . quorn sausage, mushroom, onion, tomato, egg, Lightchoice beans 2 slices Nimble wholemeal toast (Hex B) with 1 extra light Laughing cow. (HexA)
Lunch – . Mugshot, packet quorn roast pieces, 3 wholewheat crackerbreads (3syns) and 28g Kerry Low Low spread (3syns)
Tea – . Salad, jacket potato, Lightchoice beans Quorn sausage. Tiger Tiger dressing (1syn)
Snacks - . Banana, Highlights dark choc (1.5syns)
Syns – 8.5
HexA – . Laughing cow extra light.
HexB - .Nimble wholemeal bread 2 slices, 2x Aldi cereal bars

Sunday 24th April - Extra Easy
Breakfast – . omelette with cottage cheese, smoked salmon, and spring onions, served with lots of tomato salad.
Lunch – . Thai mugshot ( ½ syn) pagen krisp roll (2syns) babybel light (HexA) bowl of apple, grapes and banana
Tea – . Pork steaks (1syn for mustard) (all fat removed) with mini corn cobs, new potatoes, tomatoes on the vine, served with broccoli, sugarsnap peas and lambs lettuce
Snacks - .
Syns – 2.5 (Vodka 4syns) 7.5
HexA – .Babybel light
HexB - .Alpen Lights

Thanks Dizzy.

I've not visited diaries as much as I should as I have been really busy every day and evening. I really stressed about our financial situation since I lost my other job and the exams are coming up so a lt of the tutoring will end too. As a result I've been really disorganised this week, had to have a lot of green days as I already had stuff in the house and it worked out cheaper and I'm not convinced I will have lost any weight at all this week and that's making me sad too. (Sorry for the doom and gloom). I suppose, at best it will show me if I can loose doing a lot of green days because the chances are red days will be difficult to do financially for the forseeable future. I'll be gutted if I have a gain though :(

Anyway although I haven't posted on here. I keep my food diary on my computer so here are the last two days not thaty there is anything special on them as I'v been far too disorganised and busy to cook and have probably been eating all the wrong things (i.e. what is available from the cupboard/freezer):

Monday 25th April - Green
Breakfast – . Apple, pineapple
Lunch – . Salad, Ainsley Harriott creamy spelt (1syn) quorn sausages - pineapple
Tea – . Quorn, veg and bean chilli (mostly veg and beans as there wasn’t much quorn mince) and rice. Mullerlights
Snacks - . Highlights drink (2syns) Timeout bar (4syns) Hex A and B
Syns – 7
HexA – .Babybel lights
HexB - .Aldi bars

Tuesday 26th April - Green
Breakfast – . Fresh pineapple
Lunch – . Leftover quorn, veg and bean chilli and rice – banana
Tea – . 2 Quorn southern burgers (5syns) and pasta n sauce ( ½ syn) and salad.
Snacks - . 3 Pagen krisprolls (HexB), Mugshot, 3 Babybel lights (HexA), apple, Highlights dark choc drink (1 ½ syns)
Syns – 7
HexA – .Babybel Lights
HexB - .3 Page Krisprolls, Alpen Lights

Today so far (check out the bizarre lunch!) Am thinking of having some salad tonight to balance out the carbs.

Wednesday 27th April - Green
Breakfast – . Apple
Lunch – . New potatoes and mushy peas, mugshot
Tea – .
Snacks - .
Syns –
HexA – .
HexB - .

Wednesday 27th April - Green

Breakfast – . Apple

Lunch – . New potatoes and mushy peas, mugshot

Tea – . Large salad – Tiger Tiger dressing (1syn), jacket potato beans, Kerry low low spread (3syns) feta (HexA) olives (1syn)

Snacks - . 2 pagen Krisprolls, 1 Babybel Light. Aldi bars, Highlights drink (2syns)

Syns – 7

HexA – .Feta, 1 Babybel Light
HexB - .2 Pagen krisprolls, Aldi bars

2lb loss today

Thursday 28th April - Red

Breakfast – . Banana, fresh pineapple

Lunch – . Salad, feta (HexA) olives (1syn) wholewheat pitta (HexB) herring in tomato sauce.

Tea – . Bolognaise and tarragon omelette and salad. RF Cheddar (HexA) Mullerlight cherry layer/choc sprinkles (2syns)

Snacks - . Ham slices, Highlights drink (2syns), Alpen lights
Sherbet dip dab (4.5syns)
Syns – 9.5

HexA – .Feta, RF cheddar
HexB - .Wholemeal pitta, Alpen Lights.

Last edited:
Thanks Jules :D

I really need to do some diary visiting. I've got so much work on just now tutoring. Tomorrow is a BBQ and I expect to be drinking wine!

So low syns yesterday and today:

Friday 29th April - Red

Breakfast – . Smoked salmon omelette, tomato salad, mushroom and onion.

Lunch – . Cup superfree spicy butternut squash soup, 1 Pagen Krisproll (2 syns) 1 Babybel Light (HexA) – fresh pineapple

Tea – . 3 Weight Watchers sausages (1.5syns) 1 turkey rasher, 2 slices Nimble wholemeal bread made into eggy bread (HexB). Lots of mushrooms, baby plum tomatoes, garlic and onion. - apple

Snacks - . Options drink (2syns) Alpen Lights (HexB), Mulleright

Syns – 5.5
HexA – .Babybel Light
HexB - .Nimble wholemeal bread 2 slices, Alpen Lights.

Saturday 30th April - Red

Breakfast – . Slices of smoked salmon, fresh pineapple

Lunch – . Large salad, mackerel in tomato sauce, feta (HexA) wholemeal pitta (HexB) olives (1syn) – 2 peaches

(had half the feta will sprinkle rest over my roast veggies for tea)
Tea – . Slow cooked beef and vegetable casserole, roasted carrots and butternut squash, broccoli, cauliflower, green beans. (rest of feta HexA ) Mullerlight

Snacks - . Highlights dark choc drink (1.5syns) Aldi bars (HexB)

Syns – 2.5
HexA – .Feta,
HexB - .wholemeal pitta, Aldi bars.

Yay! Well done on your loss! And that casserole sounds delicious xx

Back