Red's food diary - advice very gratefully received

Thanks Sausage

Man, I had a raging hangover this morning champagne is the work of the devil. Lots of syns yesterday but I worked it out over the week and I think I'm ok overall even allowing some syns over the next few days until weigh in. I was very well behaved on the food front even avoided the bread rolls (although I was dying to have one) and the chocolates and the passionfruit pavlova thing and the burgers and all the coleslaws and pasta salads (full of oil). Also avoided the fish suppers everyone had tonight (that was hard!) but I went to Tesco and got myself some chicken and salad and an Ainsley Harriot thing.

Didn't avoid the champagne and wine last night though - well I've never been able to say no to champagne, love the evil stuff!!

This is today and yesterday:

Sunday 1st May Extra Easy

Breakfast – . quorn sausage, egg, mushrooms, onions and tomatoes, baked beans

Lunch – . homemade soup 2 Pagen Krisprolls and 2 Babybel Lights

Tea – . BBQ – large salad, 1 wildboar sausage (est 3 syns) fillet steak, some new potatoes. Meringue, strawberries and raspberries

Snacks - .

Syns – considerable – wine and champagne syns est about 42 plus the sausage and meringue another 5.5 = 47.5 so probably around 50.

HexA – .Babybel Lights
HexB - .Pagen Krisprolls

Monday 2 May – Extra Easy

Breakfast – . 2 peaches, 1 apple, yoghurt and a boiled egg.

Lunch – . large salad, mackerel in tomato sauce, mugshot. Banana

Tea – . large salad, sweet chilli chicken (est. 2.5 syns) Ainsley Harriot creamy spelt (1syn) – Mullerlight yoghurt.

Snacks - . 3 Babybel light, Alpen light , Highlights drink (2syns)

Syns – 5.5
HexA – .Babybel Lights
HexB - .Alpen lights

Hey pumpkin, just catching up with everyone as I haven't been spending an awful lot of time here lately!! I've been working lots and really addicted to my Kindle so reading tons of books!! Sometimes I feel that I spend an unhealthy amount of time on Minimins!! But on the other hand without it I would never have lost the weight I have in the past 18 months so who am I to knock it?!! Sounds like you've had a busy time of it too lately and fantastic to see that you're still knocking out some great losses!! 2lb this week, 1lb last week, this is certainly the way to do it!! You must be really pleased! I lost 2.5lb this week, so now only 7lb away from target!! I'm so excited! I also won the raffle which was ingredients for Tabbouleh! Bulgar wheat, fresh mint, fresh parsley, clementines and a pomegranite! A fruity version- really looking forward to trying this! I think it will be lovely with a griddled chicken breast or some smoked mackerel and salad!!X

Hey curls and Mia thanks for dropping by. That tabulouleh sounds divine Hevs its inspiring me to make some. I think I'll get some ingredients this weekend.

Am having a peachfest at the moment - I keep getting them cheap in Tesco 45p for 6 - bargain!

Weighed in today and lost 4.5 lb which brigs me up to 4 stone lost overall - woo hoo. I must get a new shiney.

This is yesterday's food - I'm having a green day today:

Wednesday 4th May - Red

Breakfast – . 2 peaches, 1 banana

Lunch – . Bowl superfree butternut squash soup and 4 skinless chicken legs, 3 Babybel Light (HexA)

Tea – . Frying steak with Thai 7 spice, large salad 27g Feta (HexA) olives (1 syn) Tiger Tiger dressing (1syn) 1 wholemeal pitta (HexB) – Mullerlight choc sprinkles cherry layer (2syns)

Snacks - . Options drink (2syns) Alpen lights (HexB)

Syns – 6

HexA – .Feta, Babybel Lights
HexB - .Wholemeal pitta, Alpen lights

Wow well done Red! You must be thrilled with that loss and nearly 4 stone! Incredible. Are you noticing the difference yet? xxxx

Well done you!! That's an awesome loss, and 4 stone is brilliant! So proud of you :)
xx

Thanks Sausage but don't speak too soon. I put 2lb on this week. The only thing I've done wrog is the wine and champagne so well, that must be it. Otherwise I have stuck to the plan. I'm pretty upset and p'd off today I have to admit.

I've been working flat out all week too with a cold so I'm feeling shattered. Boo. Today is NOT a happy day in Red land. Also it is a friend's birthday this weekend and I know its all takeaway, cake and booze planned and now I really don't want to go as I don't want to make this all worse. HELP!! :cry::cry::(

Here are all my diaries from the last few days - must have done something wrong.

Thursday 5th May - Green
Breakfast – . 2 peaches, quorn sausage beans and egg.
Lunch – . Superfree soup, Ainsley Harriott Lentil dahl
Tea – . Really late and not much time 2 Southern quorn burgers (5syns) Pasta n sauce – Mullerlight – healthy right!
Snacks - . 3 Babybel lights, 3 Pagen Krisprolls, Mugshot (0.5syn) Options drink (2syns) Alpen Lights
Syns – 7.5
HexA – .Babybel Lights, 1 Laughing cow extra light
HexB - .Pagen Krisprolls, Alpen Lights.

Friday 6th May - Green
Breakfast – . 2 peaches, grapes, quorn sausage beans and egg.
Lunch – . sweet potato and lentil soup, 3 pagen Krisprolls, 3 Babybel lights - banana
Tea – . Quorn sausage Jambalya (using brown rice) , choc/cherry layer Mullerlight (2syns)
Snacks - . Cup superfree soup , Highlight drink (2syns) Alpen Lights
Syns – glass wine (6syns), small vodka (3 syns) = 13
HexA – .Babybel Lights,

Saturday 7th May - Green
Breakfast – Quorn sausage beans and egg, mushrooms, tomato onion
Lunch – . sweet potato, carrot and lentil soup, 2 Pagen Krisprolls, 3 Babybel lights - banana
Tea – . Jacket potatoes, chickpea dahl - Mullerlight
Snacks - . Mugshot , Options cherry choc (3syns) Alpen Lights, Aldi bar (3.5syns)
Syns – 6.5
HexA – .Babybel Lights, 2 Laughing cow extra light

Sunday 8th May - Red
Breakfast – . Omelette/quiche thing (FF cottage cheese and chive and spring onions) 1 x-light Laughing cow (HexA) tomato salad, smoked salmon.
Lunch – . Superfree butternut squash soup 2 Pagen Krisprolls (HexB) , 2 Babybel Lights (HexA)
Tea – . Beef casserole, mashed swede. – Mullerlight (choc&cherry – 2syns)
Snacks - . Banana, Babybel Light, Highights drink (2syns) , Go Ahead wafer biscuit (3.5syns) , Aldi bars (HexB)
Syns – 7.5
HexA – .1 Laughing cow x-light, 3 Babybel Lights
HexB - .Pagen Krisprolls, Aldi bars
Monday 9th May - Red
Breakfast – .Fresh pineapple, 2 ww sausage (1 syn) fried egg.
Lunch – . Superfree butternut squash soup, 3 wholewheat crackerbread (3syns) 2 Babybel Lights (HexA) – apple
Tea – . Beef curry (6syns) wholemeal pitta (HexB) - Mullerlight
Snacks - . Highlights dark choc (1.5), tikka chicken (3.5syns), banana
Syns – 15
HexA – .Babybel Lights
HexB - .Wholemeal pitta, Alpen Lights

Tuesday 10th May - Green
Breakfast – . Fresh pineapple, 2 quorn red Leicester and onion sausages (2syn) beans, fried egg.
Lunch – . Mugshot ( ½ syn) 6 wholegrain crackerbread (HexB) 3 Babybel Light (HexA) - banana
Tea – . Lentil bolognaise (contains courgette, onion, pepper, tomato, carrot) with wholewheat spaghetti. – Mullerlight
Snacks - . Highlights drink (2syns), banana
Syns – 4.5
HexA – .Babybel Light, RF cheddar
HexB - . Wholegrain crackerbread, Alpen lights

Wednesday 11th May - Red
Breakfast – . Fresh pineapple
Lunch – . quiche / omelette with cottage cheese and chives, and spring onions, large salad, smoked salmon – apple, peach (used 2 x Laughing cow in omelette – HexA)
Tea – . 3 x Light choice sausages (1.5syns) eggy bread made with 2 x slice wholemeal Nimble (HexB) large portion mushrooms, onions, tomatoes, garlic. – Mullerlight
Snacks - . ½ cup superfree soup. Highlights drink (2syns)
Syns – 4
HexA – .2 x Laughing cow light, 1 Babybel Light
HexB - .2 slice wholemeal Nimble, 2 Alpen Lights

Oh nooo! I'm so sorry! I know all about a totally unexpected result and how bad it makes you feel. The only thing I can think is that maybe there isn't enough superfree in your evening meals? You're always so good with your syns that I doubt it's that. I know that on red and green days you don't HAVE to do the 1/3 superfree, but I tend to have it all the time now. It might be worth a try? It could just be water retention - you've been so busy and stressed recently and that can aid retention.

Don't feel too down, sweetheart. I honestly can't see any reason for it looking at your diaries, so it's prob just one of those disheartening anomalies. Things'll be better next week, and you'll probably fond you have an epic loss!

Lots of love xxx

Hi Red,

Just catching up with diaries, chat etc!! Sorry to hear about your lil' gain! It's a horrible feeling especially when you're following the rules! I have had many gains in my 82 weeks, but thankfully far more losses and that's what has got me (nearly) to goal, albeit the scenic route!! You've done so unbelievably well, nearly 4 stone is an incredible acheivement in a short space of time! You need to cut yourself some slack! We can't lose every week- FACT!! And I'm sure you'll be rewarded with a good one next WI! I try and look at losses over the course of a month, or at my stage now, over a longer period of time than that, never on individual weeks! You're doing great, your food diaries are always inspiring and you have changed your habits for good! That's all any of us aspire to really!XXXX

To lose a stone per month is pretty incredible hun!! You may have hit a plateau which most people do when losing weight! Our bodies get used to what we're doing to them! Try changing things a little- trick your bod! You'll soon start seeing the losses again! Anyway this IS only one week we're talking about- it could well be something simple like fluid retention! In a couple of weeks time when you are have a few more lbs loss under your belt this week will seem insignificant!!XXX

Thank you everyone. I know you speak sense.

Well Saturday wasa write off (an expected one) as it was 2 friend's birthdays and we also celebrated a divorce and a brand new (that night) engagement too. It was a fantastic night so maybe I'll gain or stay the same becasue of it this week. That's ok.

I'm back on plan of course - was first thing Monday - even with a hangover. I seem to be having more nights out now I'm on this diet than I did before!! Sods law I guess ;)

I'm doing a few EE days this week to enforce the superfree rule a bit, bearing in mind what you said Sausage. I'll jut keep following the plan anyway. I'm not stopping now. I'm sort of over my gain now, I had a splurge and got it out of my system - 1 night only and I'm ok with that too. As long as I go back on plan. So yesterday and today are:

Sunday 15th May - Red
Breakfast – . Bacon roll (7 syns for white roll)
Lunch – . Packet roast beef, 2 Babybel Lights (HexA) – Banana
Tea – . Large mixed salad, feta (HexA) wholwheat pitta (HexB) olives (1syn) 2 boiled eggs, 1 tin mackerel in tomato sauce.
Snacks - . Highlights drink (2syns), Alpen lights (HexB)
Syns – 10
HexA – .Feta, 2 Babybel Light
HexB - .wholemeal pitta, Alpen Lights
Monday 2 May – Extra Easy
Breakfast – . Jazz apple, boiled egg
Lunch – . Large salad, hard boiled egg, small tin tuna in tomato sauce, bulgar wheat – fresh pineapple
Tea – . Venison steak, mushrooms, spring onions, spinach and watercress, Jersey new potatoes. – fresh pineapple, Mullerlight.
Snacks - . Some turkey ham, fresh pinapple, banana, 2 Babybel Lights (HexA), Fibre plus bar, Highlights drink (2syns)
Syns – 2
HexA – .Babybel Lights
HexB - .Fibre plus bar

Will be diary visiting tomorrow afternoon, as I have a meeting now. Thank you all so much for your lovely comments and support. You are all totally great and I really appreciate it xxxx

Hi Red, how ya doing?! Mmm your diary looks great as usual!! Have you tried my tabbouleh yet? I think I'm going to do it tomorrow with salmon and salad! Tonight chicken curry is on the menu! I spotted Jersey new potatoes on your list! Aren't they delicious!! I had some yesterday with gammon, asparagus and green beans! And a little home made parsley sauce! OMG all I seem to talk about is food!!! Hope all is well with you and you're feeling positive about next WI!!XXXXXXXX

Hmmm 1lb off today - which given Saturday night could have been worse so I should't complain (but oh how I want to after last week's gain ;) :p ). I have really tried to be good this week. I think I'm feeling a bit grumpy about it all :) but you know onwards an (hopefully) downwards.

Here is yesterday and the day before:

Tuesday 17th May – Extra Easy
Breakfast – . Fresh pineapple 2 x hard boiled egg
Lunch – . Mackerel in tomato sauce, large salad (Tiger Tiger dressing – 1 syn) 4 new potatoes sliced, 1 boiled egg sliced.
Tea – . Veg and extra lean mince chilli with beans (plenty of veg), with wholewheat rice, side salad. Muller Light (choc/cherry – 2syns)
Snacks - . 2 breadsticks (2syns), chicken breast, fresh pineapple, banana, apple, Highlights drink dark choc (1.5syns)
Syns – 6.5
HexA – .Babybel Lights
HexB - .Special K fibre plus bar

Wednesday 18th May – Extra Easy
Breakfast – .
Lunch – . Superfree spicy butternut squash and carrot soup, left over veg and extra lean mince chilli with beans (plenty of veg in the chilli), with wholewheat rice, - peach and an apple.
Tea – . Superfree spicy butternut squash and carrot soup, large salad 2 hard boiled, tin tuna, new potatoes Tiger Tiger dressing (1 syn) olives (1 syn)
Snacks - . Highlights drink (2syns) Alpen Lights
Syns – 4
HexA – .Babybel Lights
HexB - .Alpen Lights

Well done! A loss is great and, even though it may not have been what you wanted, it's all in the right direction! Hope you're feeling happier this week! Xx

Saturday 21st May – Extra Easy
Brunch – . 2 quorn sausages, light choice baked beans, eggs, large portion, mushrooms, onions, tomatoes
Tea – . Large mixed salad, turkey breast with Cajun spice, Ainsley Harriott mushroom bulgar wheat – strawberries, raspberries, vanilla Mullerlight, 1 meringue nest (2.5syns)
Snacks - . 2 peaches, 1 large cup superfree soup, 3 Babybel Lights, handful quorn roast pieces. Options drink (2 syns) Go Ahead fruit of the forest wafer (3.5syns)
Syns – 8
HexA – .Babybel Lights
HexB - .Fibre plus bar.

Sunday 22nd May – Extra Easy
Breakfast – . Large bowl fruit salad (raspberries, pineapple, strawberries, peach and grapes with mint leaves) 3 quorn sausages, mushrooms and onions, 1 egg, 1 small potato sliced, Light choice beans.
Lunch – . Superfree soup, small ramekin of homemade hummous, lots of carrot and pepper sticks, apple.
Tea – . Peppered smoked mackerel (5.5syns) Jersey new potatoes large mixed salad with crumbled feta (HexA) and olives (1syn) – Mullerlight
Snacks - . small cup sweet potato, carrot and lentil soup, Highlights dark choc drink (1.5syns), Alpen Lights
Syns – 8
HexA – .Feta
HexB - .Alpen Lights

Monday 23rd May – Extra Easy
Breakfast – .
Lunch – . Superfree soup, Large salad, boiled eggs, tin salmon – Strawberries, pineapple, peach, mint leaves meringue nest (2.5syns)
Tea – . Keema curry (penty of veg and green lentils) and brown rice – side salad
Snacks - . small ramekin homemade hummous, carrot sticks and pepper sticks. Options drink (2syns)
Syns – 4.5
HexA – .Babybel Lights
HexB - .Aldi bars

Tues 24th May – Extra Easy
Breakfast – . Bowl of mixed fruit, 2 quorn sausages, mushrooms and onions and beans
Lunch – . superfree soup, cous cous and small amount of keema curry
Tea – . Large salad with olives (1syn) and homemade hoummus, small jacket potato and some leftover keema curry (again!) – Mullerlight (choc/cherry 2syns)
Snacks - . 2 bananas, 2 breadsticks (2syns), 2 Babybel lights, Options drink (2 syns)
Syns – 7
HexA – .Babybel Lights
HexB - .Aldi bars

Wednesday 25th May – Extra Easy
Breakfast – . Peach, apple
Lunch – . Superfree soup, large salad tin tuna, boiled egg, 3 new potatoes
Tea – . Salmon fillet, large salad, small corn cob, Ainsley Harriott chilli cous cous. ( ½ syn)
Snacks - . bowl of peach, grapes, pineapple and minty leaves with peppermint tea. Options drink (2syns)
Syns –
HexA – .
HexB - .

Back