Red's food diary - advice very gratefully received

Wow I've been crap at updating!

I have been keeping a food diary on my computer though. I did have a off weekend. Last Thursday I lost 2lb today I gained 1lb. I know exactly why I gained though my (planned) weekend off. I'm sort of taking the scenic route to weight loss I know but I want it to be sustainable and I don't want to be miserable. Other than the weekend I have been completely on track so I'm fine with the 1lb gain, it was expected! :)

Here is this week from Monday so far:

Monday 30th May – Extra Easy

Breakfast – . Bowl fruit: strawberries, peach, pineapple, boiled egg.

Lunch – . large salad, 4 new potatoes, tinned mackerel in tomato sauce, 2 boiled eggs

Tea – . Quorn sausage jambalaya (veg and butterbeans quorn and rice)

Snacks - . 1 crackerbread (1syn), 1 mugshot ( ½ syn) Highlights drink dark choc. (1.5 syn)

Syns – 3

HexA – .3 Babybel lights
HexB - .Alpen lights

Tuesday31st May - Green

Breakfast – . Large bowl fruit (strawberries, apple, grapes) 2 quorn sausages, 1 egg, Light choice beans

Lunch – . Leftover quorn sausage Jambalaya - banana

Tea – . Large salad, feta (HexA) olives (1syns) Pasta n sauce, 2 quorn southern burgers (5syns) Wholemeal pitta (HexB)

Snacks - . 1 cracker bread (1 syn), Mugshot, 3 babybel Light (HexA), Highlights drink (2)

Syns – 9

HexA – .feta, babybel lights
HexB - .wholemeal pitta, Aldi bars

Weds 1st June – Extra Easy

Breakfast – . 3 peaches

Lunch – .Small cup sweet potato and lentil soup. Salmon salad: tin salmon, 4 new potatoes, boiled eggs, large salad.

Tea – . Bowl superfree soup, keema curry (spinach, carrot, mushrooms, green lentils, onions) and bulgar wheat. – Mullerlight (choc/sherry 2syns)

Snacks - . Pastrami slices. Highlight drink (2 syns)

Syns – 4

HexA – .1 Babybel Light
HexB - .1 Fibre plus bar.

Thurday 2 June – Extra Easy

Breakfast – .

Lunch – . large Salad, lean ham, chicken breast, 2 cold new potatoes sliced, Tiger Tiger dressing (1 syn) – 2 peaches

Tea – .

Snacks - .

Syns –

HexA – .
HexB - .

to be continued ...

Know the feeling Red - I think I'm going to have a big gain this week too. Got friends staying and doing far too much eating!

1lb is going to be so easy for you to get rid of... and sometimes a few weeks taking the slow route is just what you need to stay focussed and not feel as if you're missing out! You've lost SO MUCH weight since starting that it would be a shame if you lost heart because you couldn't go out with friends and stuff. You're doing it in a way that can be maintained, and it's going so well. Well done you! xx

I know exactly why I gained though my (planned) weekend off. I'm sort of taking the scenic route to weight loss I know but I want it to be sustainable and I don't want to be miserable. Other than the weekend I have been completely on track so I'm fine with the 1lb gain, it was expected! :)
As LS said - the scenic route works for me too. You're absolutely right - it has to be sustainable and enjoyable otherwise misery and cheating ensue! LOL
I cheated like mad last week but after a few days drinking LOADS of water and superspeeding over the weekend I clawed some back.
Have you tried this when necessary? It really works for me.

Hope all is well Melissa!! And by the way, 59lb since January is NOT a scenic route to weight loss!! It's the motorway in my book!! It's taken me 19 months to lose not much more than that!! I've taken the country lanes and stopped a good few times in some inns and even stayed the night lol!! Hope you're feeling in 'the zone'!! It's hard at times but just ride out the tough times and you'll soon enter the good ones again and you'll get to your dream weight eventually!! It will all be worth it when you feel fantastic and when you feel the full benefits on your health!!XXXXXXXXXX

:D Thank you everyone!

You will be pleased to know I am still doing my best and this week I lost a huge 4lbs :D :D. I am still trying but as LS and Pomette say I have to do it in a way sustainable for me. If I stray getting back on track is the main thing.

Anyway I'm sorry I haven't been about. Been doing lots for the committee and with the schools and kids so its been hectic. I have been keeping my food diary in a document though so here it is from last Sunday to today so far:

Sunday 5th June – Extra Easy
Breakfast – .

Lunch – . Bowl superfree veg soup (swede, celeriac, onions and carrots) Large salad, with 4 new potatoes, smoked mackerel (4 ½ syns) and 1 boiled egg sliced. – Bowl of fruit (peach, fresh pineapple, 5 grapes, mint leaves)

Tea – . Superfree soup, low fat super noodles, quorn sausage mushrooms and onions – Mullerlight and sliced banana

Snacks - . Alpen Light and Weetos bar (5syns), Options drink (2syns)

Syns – 11.5

HexA – .1 Laughing cow Light, 2 Babybel Lights
HexB - .Alpen Light bars

Monday 6th June – Extra Easy

Breakfast – . half tortilla (mushrooms, onion, new potato) 2syns (for Babybel Light)

Lunch – . Superfree soup, slices of beef – fresh pineapple

Tea – . quorn sausage hash (peppers, mushrooms, onion, potato) egg, salad

Snacks - . Babybel Light, 4 breadsticks (4syns)

Syns – 6
HexA – .Babybel Light
HexB - .Alpen Lights

Tuesday 7th June - Green

Breakfast – . 1 Hardboiled egg, apple

Lunch – . Superfree soup. Left over quorn sausage hash

Tea – . Homemade spicy bean burgers, large salad, wholemeal pitta (HexB) RF Cheddar (HexA) olives (1 syn) Light choice Caesar dressing ( ½ syn) pasta n sauce

Snacks - . kit-kat (5.5syns) Alpen Light

Syns – 7

HexA – .RF Cheddar
HexB - .Wholemeal pitta, Alpen Light

Monday 18th May – Extra Easy

Breakfast – .
Lunch – . Mugshot, peach, banana

Tea – . Superfree soup, salad, jacket potato, cottage cheese. 1 peach

Snacks - . Babybel Lights, breadsticks, Highlights dark choc (1.5syns)

Syns – 16.5 (wine 12 and breadsticks 3) was at a Body Shop Party

HexA – .Babybel Lights
HexB - .Alpen Lights

Thursday 9th June - Green

Breakfast – . 1 peach, 1 nectarine

Lunch – . superfree soup, large salad, new potatoes, quorn sausage, beans, Laughing cow Light (HexA) – Light choice Caesar dressing ( ½ syn)

Tea – . Lentil bolognaise (lots of veg in it – courgette, peppers, mushrooms, onions, tomatoes) with wholemeal pasta (RF cheddar grated on top- HexA) – French toast and maple syrup (2syns) and slice banana (2 slices Nimble – HexB)

Snacks - . Mugshot, Activia fat free yoghurt, Options drink (2syns_)

Syns – 4.5

HexA – .1 LC Light , RF cheddar
HexB - .2 slices wholemeal Nimble, 2 Alpen Lights

Friday 10th June - Green

Breakfast – . 1 peach, 1 nectarine, grapes. Mushrooms and onions, 2 quorn sausages, Light choice baked beans, egg done in frylight.

Lunch – . Large salad, olives and Light choice Caesar dressing (1 ½ syns) and small bowl lentil bolognaise with wholewheat spaghetti

Tea – . Large salad, olives (1syn) Tiger Tiger dressing (1syn) Wholemeal pitta (HexB) Feta (HexA) rice and Chickpea dahl

Snacks - . Highlights (1.5syns)

Syns – 11
HexA – .Feta
HexB - .wholmeal pitta, 1 Alpen Light

Last edited:
:D You will be pleased to know I am still doing my best and this week I lost a huge 4lbs :D :D.

Wey-hey! Well done. :D :jelous: That's definitely not the scenic route.

Hey Red, well done!! You are a star! You totally deserved that whopping great loss! See, its always worth hanging in there and keeping going after a disappointing week as you are rewarded for all those good days you have in the bank! You must feel great! You are eating well, enjoying life and still losing and it really doesn't matter when you get there, so keep chipping away (even though 4lb is a hell of a chip lol) xxx

Melissa - well done on that awesome 4lb! You've definitely got this down pat, what with allowing yourself a little fun and then getting straight back to a loss. Well done you! x

Hey you, looks like you're a busy bee at the moment!! Hope all is well with you!! I had a hen night on Saturday in Cardiff! I very rarely drink but certainly made up for it!! On Sunday morning I actually passed out in the hotel bathroom! I honestly thought my liver, brain and heart were simultaneously packing up on me!!!! And then I ate junk all day yesterday! So feeling 'orrible today and totally dreading WI as after being so brilliant Tues to Sat afternoon I just know the bloat is going to tell a tale on the scales!! Just thought I'd share my drama with you lol!!! Come back soon!!XXX

Hello!

I've been away for ages I know. I also fell rather spectacularly off the wagon and put on about half a stone (a reminder that I put lots on and fast), however, I'm not going to beat myself up about it as I think that way madness lies. I don't want to be all obsessive and be down on myself for eating.

Anyway I do want to lose the weight and keep it off so I'm back after my big blip. Started again on Wednesday and here is my diary - if anyone is still reading! :)

Wednesday 13th July - GreenNew Start

Breakfast – . Quorn sausages (old style syn free), Light choice beans, tortilla (half) made with lots of mushrooms and onion and 3 new potatoes. Grapes

Lunch – . Other half of tortilla, large portion young leaf spinach – bowl 2 peaches, banana, grapes

Tea – . quorn chilli (kidney beans harricott beans, lots of veg) and spaghetti (because I thought it was quorn bolognaise from freezer – doh!) – Mullerlight yoghurt

Snacks - .Grapes, banana, Babybel Lights

Syns – 1.5 (dark choc highlights)

HexA – .Babybel Lights
HexB - .Alpen Lights

Thursday 16th June – Extra Easy

Breakfast – . smoked salmon, fried egg, mushrooms, onions, 2 new potatoes, half a fresh pineapple

Lunch – . fresh pineapple, peaches, grapes, strawberries, left over spaghetti and quorn chilli

Tea – . Keema mince (heavy on the veg and green lentils) mix of rice and bulgar wheat, Mullerlight (choc/cherry – 2syns)

Snacks - .mugshot, 3 Babybel Lights, banana, dark choc highlights (1.5syns)

Syns – 3.5 syns

HexA – .Babybel Lights
HexB - .Alpen Lights

Wednesday 15th June – Extra Easy

Breakfast – . left over rice made into breakfast egg fried rice (mushrooms, onions) with quorn sausage, fresh pineapple, banana

Lunch – . Left over keema curry with bulgar wheat, apple, grapes

Tea – . Large salad, tinned mackerel in tomato sauce, boiled egg, new potatoes

Snacks - .

Syns –

HexA – .
HexB - .

(eta: right now all the quorn sausages are the oid syn free style as I have a few boxes in my freezer)

Oh and to add we have been having money issues so I'm kind of eating what I already have and can't afford to buy loads so it might be more green days that anything else. We'll see. I'm trying again anyway :)

Welcome back Red! I've missed you and your nice food diaries and cheery posts. How are you other than that? I hope ok. Sorry to hear about your £ worries, if it's any consolation, I think a lot of us are feeling the burn with the cash! Anyway, now that you're back we will definitely help you get that pesky half stone off! Xxxx

Another welcome back from me too Red.
You know you can do this - you've just had a wee rest!

Jules and Pommette - thank you for the welcome back and encouragement. Yes, I'm back into it.

Jules I know - money is tight for lots of folk. During the summer I only have one student to tutor so that's really why. I'm hoping green days will work for me. I have some EE as I have meat in the freezer. Just have to see how it goes. I'll have to drop in on your diaries ladies xx

So today I'm going to make some super speed soup, some butternut squash soup and the mushroom and lentil loaf from the SW recipes section and pray the superspeed soup will do some work for me!! Might be best to stay away from others though. This is yesterday's food updated. I've been low on the syns - over compensating for naughtiness, but it might not be the best way forward, what are your opinions please? Large breakfasts etc though (!!) ;) so it probably balances out. :D

Friday 15th July – Extra Easy
Breakfast – . left over rice made into breakfast egg fried rice (mushrooms, onions) with quorn sausage, fresh pineapple, banana
Lunch – . Left over keema curry with bulgar wheat, apple, grapes
Tea – . Large salad, tinned mackerel in tomato sauce, feta (HexA), olives (1syn)
Snacks - .Options drink (2syn), banana
Syns – 3
HexA – .Feta
HexB - .Alpen Light bars

Hi Red - definitely sleep with the windows open and stay downwind of friends and family! The superspeed soup always helps me but oh boy the after effects can be a bit dire.

Use your syns. A minimum of 5 a day - preferably 10. They do help you along. Have them for things you enjoy like the Options drinks. Do you drink alcohol? It isn't as bad for dieting as people think as your body actually gets rid of it fairly quickly. How about a little glass of wine for a cheeky 5 sysns? Or even more cheeky, I love a shot of rum or brandy in my hot chocolate for 3 syns. Perfect relaxer before bedtime.

Back