Red's food diary - advice very gratefully received

Hope you're OK Melissa! We don't like it when you go quiet on us (even for just 2 days lol!!)XXX

Dizzy! My lovely, that sounds bad are you ok? It's really good to hear from you xxx

Sorry Heather ;)

I've been away - I should have said. I've been visiting my mum and then at the inlaws. We are off again tomorrow, though I may be able to get on here.

Food-wise I have been good, wine-wise not so good BUT the wine is the only syns I've had, haven't sneaked any others in there. I'm not convinced the next 2 days will be that great but these are effectively my holidays. So... - that's rubbish - lol. I may stray over the next 2 days given where I'm going etc I will make it up the remainder of the week. Like I say although there has been wine drunk I have been really good on the food front - oh! and I even went out riding a bike!!!

Here are the missing days (more or less):

Saturday23rd July – Extra Easy
Breakfast – . pineapple, quorn sausage, LC beans, egg
Lunch – . superfree soup, 2 boiled eggs, pagen krisproll (HexB) and Kerry low low spread (Hex A), banana
Tea – . salad, chicken breast, 3 new potatoes
Snacks - .fruit
Syns – wine – not sure
HexA – .Kerry low low
HexB - .Pagen krisprolls
Sunday 24th July – Extra Easy
Breakfast – . lean home cooked ham, 1 hard boiled egg, 2 tomatoes, grapes
Lunch – . Lean ham (as am) 1 boiled egg, large mixed salad
Tea – . Salmon fillet, large salad, 3 new potatoes
Snacks - .fruit
Syns – wine – not sure
HexA – .
HexB - .
Monday 15th July – Extra Easy
Breakfast – . bowl fruit, grapes, strawberries, 1 small banana
Lunch – . mugshot, fruit
Tea – . At a BBQ burger, sausage (not sure on syns) salad, bean sprouts, 3 new potatoes, raspberries
Snacks - .2 satsumas, banana
Syns – wine – not sure
HexA – .
HexB - .

Tuesday 26th July – Extra Easy
Breakfast – . Lean home cooked ham, banana, grapes
Lunch – . Creamy cheese mugshot (2syns?) hot smoked salmon, 2 satsumas
Tea – . Large salad, (mixed bean sprouts, beetroot, harricott beans) 3 new potatoes, hot smoked salmon. Salad dressing (1syn) – Mullerlight
Snacks - .banana, lean cooked ham. Options drink (2), Alpen Light bars
Syns – 5 + wine = 11
HexA – .semi skim milk
HexB - .Alpen Lights

Last edited:
Hey dudette! Lovely to see you and glad you're enjoying the hols! Very well done on keeping a track of your food as I know from bitter experience how hard it is when not in a routine!! You're doing great and well done on the bike riding! I'm sure that even if you do go a bit excessive you'll easily pull it back again! I have every faith in you as you're very disciplined when you need to be! Lovely to see you! I need not have worried! X

Hey Red, hope you're having fun at your mums and that the wine is still flowing xxxx

Hi - guess what? I lost 5lb so that's all the gain gone and a bit extra. Shame today is going to be a bit of a mess but at least I know I can sort it out. I'll have to be extra good for the rest of the week.

Can I just say as well (unrelated) how sad I am about Amy Winehouse dying. Her albums are some of my favourites, she was so talented. I'll really miss what she could have achieved (if that makes sense).

WhoooooooooaaahhhhH!!!!!!! Now then now then!!! You must be feeling over the moon about this result!! Congrats Melissa!! Wow a great week for both of us and proof that we can pull these things back and there's no such thing as 'blowing it'!! Isn't it an amazing feeling to be back where we were, in a position to focus and move on to the next goal/milestone, and not be worrying about correcting old damage!!! Brilliant!! So what is your strategy for this coming week?! Any obstacles?

I am with you on the Amy Winehouse news! She was so incredibly talented- I'd only just revived one of her albums (Frank) that I hadn't listened to for a while and it was in my car CD player when it happened! It's just so sad how she couldn't find peace/happiness on this earth- and the curse of drink and drugs were just too powerful. I too was looking forward to what else she had to offer- to think how her career would probably have gone from strength to strength and what more she was capable of acheiving if only she hadn't become so ill! I was so hoping that we would soon see a healthy and happy looking curvaceous Amy bouncing back from all her problems and being interviewed about her experiences! But it wasn't to be! Isn't life cruel!X

Last edited:
Red - I'm not surprised you lost 5 lbs - your diary has been looking so good all week. Well done chica.

Well maybe not. I've been away and I know I've undone all the good work of the last two weeks. Makes me wonder if I'm actually cut out to get it off and keep it off. Back again this week and there should be no more reasons to fail again. Not so good though... It will be a gain again this week. Just yo-yoing here. I need to take a leaf out of Little Sausage's book she has a good deal more determination than I do. :(

Hey Melissa, none of this negative talk please!! You deserved every ounce of your losses so far and so what if you have put on a little this week?! You have been on holiday after all, and we all deserve breaks! Why would you be any less 'cut out' for this than the next person?! Just think if you had never started SW how much you could have gained by now on top of what you started at! That's always a good one to ponder over! If you maintain your current weight for a bit (look at me- same weight before Christmas!! ) its not the end of the world! I've been at this since October 2009 and it's not about how much we lose in how little time, it's about so much more! That said, stick with it and I know you'll have loads more great losses to look forward to and over time you'll slim down to the weight you want to be! Hugs XxX

Thank you Heather for your kind words.

I know only I can make it happen so yes as you say I'm not just putting more and more on and not addressing it. Hopefully I can get a good long run at it now for a while again.

I really appreciate you replying to my moaniness ;)

Yesterday and today's food:

Saturday 31st July – Extra Easy
Breakfast – . Bowl fruit – Satsuma, grapes, fresh pineapple, mint leaves. Smoked salmon, cherry tomatoes, beansprouts.
Lunch – . Sweet potato, carrot and lentil soup, slices lean home cooked ham, pineapple, grapes
Tea – . Large salad with bean sprouts, quorn sausage (old free style), 3 new potatoes. Tiger Tiger dressing and olives (2syns)
Snacks - .Alpen Lights, Options drink(2)
Syns – 4
HexA – .semi-skim milk
HexB - .Alpen Lights

Monday 1st August – Extra Easy
Breakfast –.quorn sausage, slice of tortilla (contain quark, new potatoes, onion mushrooms, egg) LC beans,
Lunch –.slice of tortilla, home cooked lean ham, pineapple, grapes
Tea – . Large salad, mango cucumber and chilli salsa, chicken breast, rice – Mullerlight
Snacks - .banana, Options drink (2)
Syns – 2
HexA – .
HexB - .Alpen Lights

. . . If you maintain your current weight for a bit (look at me- same weight before Christmas!! ) its not the end of the world! I've been at this since October 2009 and it's not about how much we lose in how little time, it's about so much more!
Melisa - I'm with Heather. Look at me - it's taken me almost 5 long years to get to where I am today (sounds a bit like CJ there from Reggie Perrin - perish the thought).

I got stuck for 2½ years but I'm still plodding on and you're loss ain't so shabby either - missy! Almost 60 lbs gone !!! :D

Okay, one or two bad days may mean you won't lose this week but you will not have undone 2 weeks good work I'm sure. Just get back on track and go for it next week.

Moaniness is de rigeur don't you know? And hey - what are your Minis friends for if you can't have a good moan or rant every now and then?

Hey Red, I agree with what others have said, and what you said yourself. Keep up the PMA, you're doing all the right things!! Little Sausage is a good role model but also she is VERY dedicated to the plan - not everyone can do that! Don't be so hard on yourself, after a 5lb loss you're doing great xxx

Pommette said:
Melisa - I'm with Heather. Look at me - it's taken me almost 5 long years to get to where I am today (sounds a bit like CJ there from Reggie Perrin - perish the thought).

I didn't get where I am today without a few treats/bad weeks along the way lol! X

Ah thank you, thank you , thank you. You all help so much you know.

It was a 4lb gain, spectacular. I gain big too. So that's that for this weeks weigh in, onwards and upwards to the next one (or should that be downwards??)

I have to go do a load of work now for tomorrow but hope to get on everyone's dairies at some point tomorrow - although I have a playdate for my youngest, a birthday party both boys are attending (such busy young social lives) and a student coming in the evening. I'll try to get on.

This is today's food:

Wednesday 3rd August - Green
Breakfast – . Bowl fruit, banana, grapes, apple, 2 quorn sausage, 1 egg
Lunch – . lentil and veg soup, banana, 3 Pagen krisprolls (HexB) with 3 Babybel Lights melted on (HexA)
Tea – . 2 quorn southern burgers (5syns), large portion fresh spinach, pasta n sauce. Mullerlight
Snacks - .cup superspeed soup, Highlights dark choc drink (1.5) Alpen Lights (HexA) cocopops bar (4syns)
Syns – 10.5
HexA – .Babybel Light
HexB - .Pagen krisprolls, Alpen Lights.

Well you know where you are now! You may be capable of substantial gains (i think most of us are!) but the great news is that you're also very good at getting hefty losses and it looks like you're very determined to refocus this week and get that off again! I'm confident you will! If you think about it, this is what we should be doing anyway in life after Target! Or rather what we should have been doing in the past rather than letting our weight get a bit out of hand! Having holidays and celebrations, putting in a few pounds, then cutting back to get rid of them again (its normal behaviour!) I can certainly speak for myself in saying that I NEVER checked my weight and how much I had gained after holidays, burying my head in the sand and on went the weight! So in short, you're here and you're dealing with it, so cut yourself some slack and be proud of yourself! Look forward to seeing that great loss next week! XxX

Sorry!! I am just busy. Have new students starting and all the results in from the last (except one - my texts weren't working for a while). All the results so far have been great. New students mean I've been reading a lot and doing a lot of preparation, also had to make two canvases to order for people, which takes a lot of time. It is my youngest's birthday on Thursday too and I have to make a piggy bank cake for him (by fervent request). My cake decorating skills are not that great so maybe I'll post a picture of it on here if it isn't a cake wreck!

This has been my diary this week:

Thursday 4th August - Green
Breakfast – . bowl fruit – grapes, pineapple, banana
Lunch – . 2 quorn sausage, onion, mushroom, new potato, 1 fried egg
Tea – . lentil bolognaise – choc/cherry muller (2syns)
Snacks - .3 Krisprolls (HexB), 3 Babybel Light (HexA) , Options drink (2), Weetos bar (5syns)
Syns – 9
HexA – .RF cheddar, 3 Babybel Lights
HexB - .Pagen krisprolls, Babybel Lights

Friday5th August - Green
Breakfast – . Pineapple, grapes, half peach
Lunch – . small bowl leftover lentil bolognaise and spaghetti
Tea – . superspeed soup, pasta n sauce, 2 (old style) quorn sausages, watercress – Mullerlight choc/cherry (2syns)
Snacks - .3 x Pagen krisprolls (HexB), RF cheddar (HexA), Alpen Lights (HexB), Options drinks (2syns), cocopops bar (4syns)
Syns – 8
HexA – .RF Cheddar, semi-skim milk
HexB - .Alpen Lights, Pagen krisprolls

Saturday 6th August - Green
Breakfast – . bowl fruit: pineapple, grapes, half banana
Lunch – . Large salad, half spinach and mushroom tortilla (contains some new potatoes, Quark and Cottage cheese)
Tea – . lentil bolognaise with wholewheat spaghetti – Shape 0% yoghurt
Snacks - .4 Pagen krisprolls (HexB and 2 syns) and 2 Babybel lights (HexA), Options drink (2), cocopops bar (4syns)
Syns – 8
HexA – .Babybel Light, RF cheddar
HexB - .Pagen Krisprolls, Alpen Lights

Sunday 7th August - Green
Breakfast – . Bowl of fruit – grapes, pineapple, strawberries, 2 quorn sausages and other half of spinach tortilla from yesterday
Lunch – . small bowls wholemeal spaghetti, with Kerry Low Low spread (HexA) and olives chopped (0.5syn) – banana
Tea – . Chickpea dahl and rice – banana, strawberry and meringue (2syns), Options drink (2)
Snacks - .Babybel Light (2syns)
Syns – 6.5
HexA – .Kerry Low Low spread
HexB - .Alpen Light, Pagen krisprolls
Monday 8th August – Extra Easy
Breakfast – . Pineapple, apple, strawberries, grapes
Lunch – . small amount of left over rice, mushrooms, onions, kidney beans, quorn sausages (old style)
Tea – . Salmon, noodles and tons of stir fry veg.
Snacks - .Highlights dark choc (1.5)
Syns – Weetos bar (5) = 6.5
HexA – .semi skim milk
HexB - .Alpen Lights

Tuesday 9th August – Extra Easy
Breakfast – . fruit salad; pineapple, strawberry, apple, grapes
Lunch – . Superspeed soup, handful wholewheat pasta
Tea – . Chicken, butternut squash Thai curry (9 syns for whole = 8xtbsp light coconut milk = 6 + 3 tbsp Thai paste = 3 syns) so 4.5 at the most syns – with bulgar wheat
(contains other veg and green lentils)
Snacks - .Highlights dark choc (1.5)
Syns – 6
HexA – .
HexB - .

Great to see you Melissa!! Looks like you're on track though judging by your diary! So well done for that- not easy when you're such a busy bee!! The cake sounds fun! Piggy bank cake! The coins could come out a bit messy lol!! You MUST post a pic on here as I'm intrigued!!XXX

Definitley want to see cake please!

What do you teach? Canvasses also sounds intriguing.

Back